WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly expected Trump to mock the Iranians for an ineffective strike.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Dear mom and dad,

Greetings from summer camp! All is well! Missiles launched...

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
For me the biggest concerns reading tweets like that is the fact that it reads like a 10 year old wrote it. Terrifying that such an ignorant moron is in such a position of power. The US need to limit how much power this one individual can wield.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
86a34436-0992-45af-b67e-20919f4cc126.jpg

the dude is fucking ridiculous.

2ndTuXx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you get mad at people who call for gun control during a mass shooting as well
Of course not. manipulating scared voters is another aspect of why these wars even exist. Just don't want to see any politicians on both sides using the deaths of innocent people to bolster their campaign support
Imagine being such an ignorant fool. What the hell are you even saying?
Imagine being a knee jerk response shit.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
CNN reported that what they heard from US officials is that the places Iran hit had no US forces there.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Optimistically, I don't think this will escalate. That doesn't seem to be the intention from Iran, and so far it doesn't seem like anything they did would warrant such a response from the US.

Cynically, Trump assassinated one of Iran's top military leaders and the consequence was a couple of rockets lobbed over the border into the ground. He probably thinks he's a genius (and just to be clear I don't mean that to make light of any potential Iraqi deaths or injuries, just from Trump's pov).
I think the big question is not what Iran will do, but what the US do next.
I suspect there will be people telling Trump he should bomb Iran and (hopefully) there will be people who would say to him he shouldn't.
I have no idea what he will the decide, but I have to say, fuck cable news forever, you know he watches you and you know your crap is influencing him, you will have blood on your hands for the way you talked about this whole mess if this shit goes to war.

Deleted member 2379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That sounds like pure delusion. Like he doesn't understand this is a warning shot, and that he's getting ready to strike back instead of trying to not escalate the situation.
Senile old fuck god damn man

How is this a warning shot?

Iran publicly announcing full readiness is directed internally to show strength. If they were actually planning on doing more they would have done so and wouldn't be announcing it.

If they wanted to they could have hit the American section of bases. Instead they aimed for massive bases and only Iraqi area.

Iran cares about its own survival over anything. This was for the government there to show they will stand up.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
Fox news already describing the events of tonight like a "perfect victory" for Trump.
At least not even those fucking fascists want a war. It seems.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iran really put Trump in a corner here, is it inappropriate to think well played? If nothing else, I think this is the best response they could have done if they had to do one.

I'm not sure. Could have been a face saving measure by Iran and they don't want this to escalate. Hopefully Trump just lets it be and doesn't gloat here.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Some of you really need to look up the Iraq/Iran War, and see the level of human losses Iran is willing to accept. I don't think there is a single western nation today that would be able to stomach the level of atrocities the Iranians endured at the hands of Saddam Hussein. A war with Iran is going to be disastrous for all the people of the region.

Deleted member 2379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welp. now we play the waiting game to see if Trump decides to retaliate against this. And then we wait to see if Iran's allies get involved.

Trump's next move legit determines whether or not we go to war.

There is no need to respond and you shouldn't expect any. There will be saber rattling in the AM but Iran shot its shot literally and is done.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fox news already describing the events of tonight like a "perfect victory" for Trump.
At least not even those fucking fascists want a war. It seems.
To be fair, it is a victory for Trump, he assassinated the top Iranian general and their response was to attack empty bases.

This jackass is gonna be so smug tomorrow morning about this and it's gonna be awful.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Iran isn't stupid, this was a power play. They could have easily hit the American garrisons on those bases, but I guarantee you they weren't trying. It forced America into a corner.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of you really need to look up the Iraq/Iran War, and see the level of human losses Iran is willing to accept. I don't think there is a single western nation today that would be able to stomach the level of atrocities the Iranians endured at the hands of Saddam Hussein. A war with Iran is going to be disastrous for all the people of the region.
US armed Saddam too, Iran can hold thier own and should not be seen as a cake walk.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Yep, both sides can claim victory, it seems. Except: Iraq is driven closer to Iran, the Iranians are (by some reports) more united after the wake of the Soleimani killing, Iran maintained the moral high ground and couched its responses within the framework of international law, and Iran also removed itself from all vestiges of the JPCOA...

On the U.S. side, they took out a single malign actor who was, of late, helping the U.S. combat the threat of ISIS.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Iran really put Trump in a corner here, is it inappropriate to think well played? If nothing else, I think this is the best response they could have done if they had to do one.
I think they really don't want war with the US, which makes sense, no one want to fight the US it has the strongest military in the world and long track record of disregarding civilian lives, especially in Muslim countries. But at the same time, I think they are trying to deter America from just killing Iranians they don't like when they fill like it.
Will it work?
Who knows, the US can still go to war because who is gonna stop it?
This seems like a reasonably measure response, I guess, but if you had 50 American soldiers dead we will be heading to war now.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, it is a victory for Trump, he assassinated the top Iranian general and their response was to attack empty bases.

This jackass is gonna be so smug tomorrow morning about this and it's gonna be awful.
That's what I was saying. He's going to show how "great" he is and can do without any significant retaliation. His base is going to eat this shit up

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I'm not sure. Could have been a face saving measure by Iran and they don't want this to escalate. Hopefully Trump just lets it be and doesn't gloat here.
That may very well settle things with Iran but Iraq still wants the US gone.
We still need to wait and see how that situation plays out and whether or not Trump is able to spin it as a win.