• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Veidt

Oct 27, 2017
They haven't used that logo for a while now. Current one looks really good, check some modern examples:

Last edited:

Deleted member 33515

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I prefer this EA logo.

latest
back in the early 90s the local distributor for Electronic Arts kept using "ECA" as a abbreviation for Electronic Arts, thinking that the sphere stood for the C. I hated every press release they sent in.

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
cmon bruh its not that deep. on topic of boring flat logos i really like playstations
the perspective and the flow of it is sharp and classy

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
the tribal or gothix serifs makes it look outdated. however, i hope naughty dog sticks to their current logo.

Sioul

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Do they? Got any examples? I know Unity and YoYo Games are super strict with that kind of stuff and get mad if you mess around with it (admittedly I tried doing so with my own game which is why I know so much about this).

It's probably handled on a case by case basis with them having to approve it.

Not sure if this counts, from Rime:

DQxO1nf.jpg

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Were really fishing for reasons to dunk on epic these days huh?

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
I don't know about outdated but I do know an old logo I want to see make a return.

NecessaryBountifulAegeancat-small.gif

Along with a new Def Jam game :).

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
What is really amazing is that a game (Unreal) ended up becoming a game engine :D (Unreal Engine)

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... Shame on them for being different and not creatively bankrupt like every other examples you gave.

Also, as mentioned, this isn't even the standard logo anymore.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Criware logo reminds me of Street Fighter 4, good times.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Up until now I've thought the hate toward Epic was weird and obsessive. But this has changed my mind. I now hate them too. but purely because of this slightly out of date logo!

coldcrush

Jun 11, 2018
Graphic Designer here, so heres just my personal 2 cents,,,, I am so fed up of seeing the same ''modern re brand'' logos, I have worked on a bunch, even some for my own games studio and others, I dislike it when they become sterile and lose all the essence of the original just to look modern, I believe many of the newer rebrands will look very dated in 10 years (In the way concrete architecture of the 60's was cool and minimal at the time but often looks ugly and lifeless now) . In the newer flat color variant of the logo posted, at least they kept the original gothic font shape of the U... so it still has some of the personality but flattened off the gradients so that you can use it in more cases / shrink it etc. I think that people should understand that there is a balance to be achieved, keeping the essential elements of the original, but giving it more options to scale large or small, different textures applied etc is all good. So in this case I feel like they did a good job of bringing it up to date but not losing what make it the logo .... I hope that they stick with the U in the font that it is for the future.

UnrealEngine%2FUELogo_2017_BlackAlone-770x400-770d9059ab5d8a85aebac03f3821324cf5449aef.png

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Modern logos are awful, they all look the same. That unreal logo is vastly better than their new one.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
I think it still looks nice. And they have a plain version of the logo anyways like the one provided in this thread

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
If you just see that U and know that its UNREAL, then it's done its job. It's pretty ubiquitous, no need to change it now.

Oct 25, 2017
I actually agREEEEEEEEEEE
Why are we doing this meme on this forum now? Eww.

Also I like minimalist logos as much as the next person but I also wish there was a bit more variation involved between companies. There's a lot of trend following going on and not enough innovation. I guess that makes sense, in a way.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's a bit ugly and outdated maybe, but it is iconic. The weird super edgy serifs have been around since the early days.