Oct 27, 2017
I CAN'T LMAO

DyDrBuiUcAEbax8.jpg

I loved when I saw this. Definitely glad they have a sense of humor in this one.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm thinking that perhaps now that Sora no longer has any hearts hiding within him (Ventus, Roxas and Xion are all back) that the Master of Masters is Sora's nobody, one not influenced by Ventus, and that the box contains Sora's heart (or heartless)

That would explain why he seems like Sora but is doing things that Sora would not do

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Too many things work out too well in this game, but I love it. Donalds Zettaflare was epic though and him and Goofy are the real MVPs. Most disappointing thing was Aqua getting bodied thrice(?) and losing hope so easily.

Aqua: "Everyone, I will show you how badass I am"

Cool fight with epic music and sweet moves. You win.

Vanitas: "No, you lose just cause"

And now another guy has to save the day. Give Aqua some wins damn it.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Seven Force
xero93
Cordelia

I'm going to say this clearly for everyone since I've apparently done a terrible job of it so far, lol.

To improve the game's performance on PS4 Pro you need to do 3 things:

1. Set the PS4 Pro's output resolution to 1080p in the system settings menu to force 1080p resolution.

2. Shut off super sampling in the system settings menu. Leaving it on will force the higher resolution and we want 1080p.

3. Play the game in "Default" graphics mode so that it targets an unlocked 60FPS.

It will for this game, yeah. Super sampling is rendering the image at a higher resolution which is then shrunken down giving better image clarity. It's a very expensive form of anti-aliasing. So, even if you're on a 1080p set, if it's rendering out a 1440p image it's still going to have that 1440p performance. Shutting super sampling off and setting the system to 1080p reduces the internal resolution of the game to 1080p which is what gives the performance boost.

A lot of games benefit from doing this with the Pro, but there are exceptions as some automatically super sample even if the option isn't selected in the system settings menu.

Witcher 3, for example, runs at a locked 30FPS if you lock it down to 1080p. WWE 2k19 is another good example as the frame rate becomes locked, but the game also uses an adaptive v-sync (which means that when the game drops frames it has screen tearing), so when the frames no longer drop the screen tearing is also gone.

Thanks! I've turned off my supersampling and set it to "default" and now it run very smooth.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking that perhaps now that Sora no longer has any hearts hiding within him (Ventus, Roxas and Xion are all back) that the Master of Masters is Sora's nobody, one not influenced by Ventus, and that the box contains Sora's heart (or heartless)

That would explain why he seems like Sora but is doing things that Sora would not do

Yeah, that's definitely a possibility.

It could also be something along the lines of the Master of Masters being a Sora that came from another world-line (assuming this is KH's equivalent of multi-verse theory) and Sora proper is trapped inside the box. A world-line where he and the other Guardians failed to stop Master Xehanort in some way or something else that happened that drove him down that path.

At the very least, the Master of Masters seems to be deliberately designed from the ground up to evoke Sora to the audience and thus that is a minor clue to his role in the story. Is it Sora himself under the cloak? Is it another Sora? Or is it someone new with a number of similarities to Sora that's meant to act as a foil to him?

I'll add this: If Xigbar has always been Luxu from the start and if the Master of Masters is some iteration of Sora himself, that potentially adds yet another layer of context to Xigbar's repeated talks about that look in Sora's eyes.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Yeah, that's definitely a possibility.

It could also be something along the lines of the Master of Masters being a Sora that came from another world-line (assuming this is KH's equivalent of multi-verse theory) and Sora proper is trapped inside the box. A world-line where he and the other Guardians failed to stop Master Xehanort in some way or something else that happened that drove him down that path.

At the very least, the Master of Masters seems to be deliberately designed from the ground up to evoke Sora to the audience and thus that is a minor clue to his role in the story. Is it Sora himself under the cloak? Is it another Sora? Or is it someone new with a number of similarities to Sora that's meant to act as a foil to him?

I'll add this: If Xigbar has always been Luxu from the start and if the Master of Masters is some iteration of Sora himself, that potentially adds yet another layer of context to Xigbar's repeated talks about that look in Sora's eyes.
Xigbar retroactively trying to figure out if Sora is HIS Sora, AKA the MoM this whole time would be one hell of a rush, I'll give Nomura some credit there. I still think its Vanitas figuring out his role after Xehanort unwillingly ressurecting the MoM when he split Ven's heart, and when he got defeated in KH3 he went back to UX Ventus instead.

Oct 25, 2017
Xigbar retroactively trying to figure out if Sora is HIS Sora, AKA the MoM this whole time would be one hell of a rush, I'll give Nomura some credit there. I still think its Vanitas figuring out his role after Xehanort unwillingly ressurecting the MoM when he split Ven's heart, and when he got defeated in KH3 he went back to UX Ventus instead.

See, I like the Vanitas theory, but I'm not sure it rings true. The Master of Masters behaves so much like Sora in particular. Not Roxas, not Ven or Vanitas, but Sora in particular... and while Vanitas is obviously the Shadow the Hedgehog variant of our favorite spiky brown haired dork, his actual body language and behavior is worlds apart from Sora.

As for Nomura doing more Xigbar shenanigans and playing a long con with him, watch this brief secret ending between him and Young Xehanort from Re:Coded with the knowledge that Xigbar is Luxu.

That moment where the camera punches into a closeup on Xigbar's eye right after YX mentions that Xehanort's keyblade is the most ancient of them all? This particular twist had to have been in the making for awhile now.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
See, I like the Vanitas theory, but I'm not sure it rings true. The Master of Masters behaves so much like Sora in particular. Not Roxas, not Ven or Vanitas, but Sora in particular... and while Vanitas is obviously the Shadow the Hedgehog variant of our favorite spiky brown haired dork, his actual body language and behavior is worlds apart from Sora.

As for Nomura doing more Xigbar shenanigans and playing a long con with him, watch this brief secret ending between him and Young Xehanort from Re:Coded with the knowledge that Xigbar is Luxu.

That moment where the camera punches into a closeup on Xigbar's eye right after YX mentions that Xehanort's keyblade is the most ancient of them all? This particular twist had to have been in the making for awhile now.

Also the part at 45 seconds in is great. :) I think the whole thing has been planned since KH2.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece

Yeah the plot twist in the epilogue just gives this scene so much new life, its ridiculous. The way his eye shows reaction to the Keyblade, his own plans, its just brilliant.

Also the part at 45 seconds in is great. :) I think the whole thing has been planned since KH2.
I'd argue CoM, considering how half of the organization is now confirmed to be Nobodies of previous Keyblade Masters.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the plot twist in the epilogue just gives this scene so much new life, its ridiculous. The way his eye shows reaction to the Keyblade, his own plans, its just brilliant.

I'd argue CoM, considering how half of the organization is now confirmed to be Nobodies of previous Keyblade Masters.

I swear, if Braig being Luxu and the Master of Masters being a Sora (possibly) was planned as far back as 2004... As convoluted as the series has been and will inevitably continue to be moving forward, I have to at least respect Nomura for holding in that particular twist(s) for a decade and a half.

And to think that the Secret Ending isn't even out yet!

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
The Master of Masters behaves so much like Sora in particular. Not Roxas, not Ven or Vanitas, but Sora in particular... and while Vanitas is obviously the Shadow the Hedgehog variant of our favorite spiky brown haired dork, his actual body language and behavior is worlds apart from Sora.

For me, I don't see any specific Sora's mannerisms in MoM - he reminds me a lot more Xigbar and KH2!Axel, but definitely more so Xigbar. Which could add a layer of fucked up - over the years, Luxu/Xigbar begins mimicking the behavior of his long lost master? He certainly goes through one hell of a personality change regardless, as the Luxu we meet in Back Cover reminds me more of Ven. (Luxu/Xigbar is going to need a new portmanteau... Xigxu? Luxbar? Help.) That being said, for MoM to have his face covered, I presume he looks similar to a character we're already familiar with - and it'll probably be Sora, much to my misery!

(Nomura, you're a really talented character designer, please stop creating more characters that look like existing characters for the sake of a plot twist. mother of god please)

I always found it really interesting that Vanitas is so little like Sora, but on the other hand, he has a lot of callbacks to Norted!Riku with his gestures/battle post/etc. I had wondered if there was going to be pay-off with that, but it didn't seem to come to pass in KH3, as far as I know.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How can people claim that Sorry and MoM are alike? I mean Sora doesn't come off as being emotionally abusive.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
There seems to be no US time so it might be paralel with when it releases in Japan?

https://www.khinsider.com/news/Kingdom-Hearts-III-Initial-Post-Launch-Patch-Schedule-Announced-14409
How can people claim that Sorry and MoM are alike? I mean Sora doesn't come off as being emotionally abusive.
I guess I care see it in the sense that they're carefree/relaxed about most things but thats about it.

With that said though it could be another sora variation with some similar traits but ultimately different.

Oct 25, 2017

It's the body language and the way MoM phrases his dialogue. For example, the sassy attitude they both share ("Starts with an 'S!'" comes to mind). Obviously Sora himself normally is never manipulative like this, but it's just a very distinctive vibe that I'm noticing between the two. Hell, MoM even paraphrases Kairi's letter to Sora from KH2.

Kairi: "There are many worlds, but they all share the same sky. One sky, one destiny."
MoM: "This world is full of light. It's a world comprised of many smaller worlds, all connected, stretching as far as the eye can see. One great light protects us all throughout this vast land. All worlds share one light, one fate."

Even the shot of the MoM standing at the edge of the cliff while talking to Ira is very reminiscent of Sora's pose on the artwork for the original KH1 boxart.

For me, I don't see any specific Sora's mannerisms in MoM - he reminds me a lot more Xigbar and KH2!Axel, but definitely more so Xigbar. Which could add a layer of fucked up - over the years, Luxu/Xigbar begins mimicking the behavior of his long lost master? He certainly goes through one hell of a personality change regardless, as the Luxu we meet in Back Cover reminds me more of Ven. (Luxu/Xigbar is going to need a new portmanteau... Xigxu? Luxbar? Help.) That being said, for MoM to have his face covered, I presume he looks similar to a character we're already familiar with - and it'll probably be Sora, much to my misery!

(Nomura, you're a really talented character designer, please stop creating more characters that look like existing characters for the sake of a plot twist. mother of god please)

I always found it really interesting that Vanitas is so little like Sora, but on the other hand, he has a lot of callbacks to Norted!Riku with his gestures/battle post/etc. I had wondered if there was going to be pay-off with that, but it didn't seem to come to pass in KH3, as far as I know.

Yeah, I can definitely see some Xigbar in MoM too, but with the knowledge that he's been Luxu the whole time, that indicates it's a case of Xigbar taking traits after his old master overtime. Nonetheless I see Sora-isms in MoM more than anyone else.

As for whether or not Sora is the Master of Masters, I definitely think the similarities between the two is intentional. It could be for the obvious plot twist that he is him or another timeline/world-line's Sora, but it could also be that the MoM is someone who just happens to be a lot like Sora at first glance and acts as a foil for him in this next story arc.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
There's finally footage out of the Schwarzgeist fight. They basically completely remade the boss fight against it from Einhander and even adapted its attack pattern to how the Gummi Ship works. They even remixed Thermosphere!

As a massive Einhander fan, I'm pretty much over the moon, haha. So bizarre getting a tribute of this scale in a modern Square-Enix game.

Last edited:

Martylepiaf

Oct 25, 2017
France
Just finished the game, I have a few question :
-Is the ending with Xigbar reviling he's Luxu the secret ending ? Also what the fuck ?
-I still have a section of the gummiphone marked as "???", what's this ?

scooper

Jan 20, 2019
As for whether or not Sora is the Master of Masters, I definitely think the similarities between the two is intentional. It could be for the obvious plot twist that he is him or another timeline/world-line's Sora, but it could also be that the MoM is someone who just happens to be a lot like Sora at first glance and acts as a foil for him in this next story arc.
i don't want to get ahead of myself because obviously with nomura anything can happen, but i'm leaning toward red herring. for the similarities to be so obviously telegraphed, it seems like that's what nomura *wants* us to think (that MoM is sora.) it'd be a prime example of a bait-and-switch.

Oct 25, 2017
i don't want to get ahead of myself because obviously with nomura anything can happen, but i'm leaning toward red herring. for the similarities to be so obviously telegraphed, it seems like that's what nomura *wants* us to think (that MoM is sora.) it'd be a prime example of a bait-and-switch.

I'm not so sure about that. Typically Nomura doesn't play red herrings like that. He'll pull plot twists out of nowhere half the time, but when he's introducing someone "new" that's clearly meant to be important moving forward- the character presented is introduced in an obvious enough way to discern a general idea of how they're connected to the existing cast.

This dates back all the way to 2002 when the first Secret Ending came out and we had our first glimpse of Roxas and the original Final Mix boss fight with Xemnas. It carried over into guessing who TAV and MX all were when the KH2 Secret Endings came out a few years later and the Lingering Will. Same for when the Mysterious Figure boss fight in BBS.

Now note- if MoM is Sora, that doesn't inherently mean he's the OG Sora we all know. He might be his pure Nobody, as someone else suggested earlier, or an embittered Sora from a timeline where things went horribly wrong. That's where the rub would most likely be, I think.

Neufr0

Nov 20, 2017
Getting my way throught the battle gates and secret reports (can someone tell me where is the 7th one ? I think I missed it)
So the common friend of Lea and Isa is....Skuld I guess ?

Soralight8

Oct 25, 2017
This makes it more likely Brain is Luxu(Xigbar).
i dont think so master of masters created chirtihy which is the sprit well in his scene brain is showing the other union leaders how to make sprit animals also the book he reading is the book of prophecy

this person talking to malfeient is luxu after he gave brain the keyblade

Secret Report 11:
Observations, Excerpt 1-

I have seen it though; the Keyblade war unfolded exactly as written on the lost page. Now, the Keyblade the Master entrusted to me must be bequeathed to another. 5 Union Leaders have been chosen from the surviving Dandelions. I will pass the Keyblade to one of them, and then continue watching the future unfold.

Yet it seems that someone has pulled the old switcheroo. One of the 5 is an imposter, someone the Master did not choose. They represent a virus in the program he so carefully wrote.

The virus has begun a strange undertaking: a reckless plot to allow the 5 to escape into another worldline. Surely such a thing can't be possible? We're talking about the same trick that allowed the Dandelions to transfer to other worldlines after the Keyblade War. But these children are no Masters. They haven't the means...unless, of course, a certain lady of magic summoned here from the future knows more than I do.

The whole Union Leader thing was supposed to be by the books. Are these new events just another phase in the Master's Grand Plan? - Unknown

Last edited:

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Welp, time to get all lucky emblems and get ready for the secret ending drop! I'm happy that I didn't have to beat Xehanort again to see the epilogue, maybe when the ending unlocks if I have all pictures it'll just be there?.
Loved the game, dissapointed in the difficulty though, I'm no masochist but damn, I've never beaten a KH secret boss in my first attempt.
Say all you will about the foretellers though, that epilogue has me hyped.

Soralight8

Oct 25, 2017
The MoM is Brain theory is a lot more interesting than the MoM is Sora one, that much is for sure.
i mean i like the mom is sora theory but the way to preditable it losses the whole point of sora characther besides mom is a scitenset unless somehow he become smart all of sudden it would fit his chacther

Brain_KHUX.png

it also said that eraqus was descend from blueblood of keyblade masters and the only person that well is brain

Report 2:
Mark of Mastery Journal-

Some days have passed since I set off on my journey to prepare for the Mark of Mastery examination. Eraqus asked for leave to undertake the same pilgrimage, but apparently, I am to be first to tour the worlds written of in the old fairy tales.

Until a few short years ago, I'd known only mow own world, a speck of land surrounded by sea. But how I'd dreamed of, yearned for the Wolrd beyond... And, granted guidance from the future, I left that nest behind. As I treaded the path to my master's side, I came in contact with darkness in many forms, I knew even then, as by instinct: terrifying as it's power was, it could be harnessed. Mastered.

Eraqus is a blueblood, descended from the very first masters in the age of fairy tales. But I did not come this far to indulge in adulation. I will be his peer. His equal, And to do that, I must learn to wield the power born from both darkness and light in proper balance - Xehanort

Last edited:

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seven Force
xero93
Cordelia

I'm going to say this clearly for everyone since I've apparently done a terrible job of it so far, lol.

To improve the game's performance on PS4 Pro you need to do 3 things:

1. Set the PS4 Pro's output resolution to 1080p in the system settings menu to force 1080p resolution.

2. Shut off super sampling in the system settings menu. Leaving it on will force the higher resolution and we want 1080p.

3. Play the game in "Default" graphics mode so that it targets an unlocked 60FPS.

It will for this game, yeah. Super sampling is rendering the image at a higher resolution which is then shrunken down giving better image clarity. It's a very expensive form of anti-aliasing. So, even if you're on a 1080p set, if it's rendering out a 1440p image it's still going to have that 1440p performance. Shutting super sampling off and setting the system to 1080p reduces the internal resolution of the game to 1080p which is what gives the performance boost.

A lot of games benefit from doing this with the Pro, but there are exceptions as some automatically super sample even if the option isn't selected in the system settings menu.

Witcher 3, for example, runs at a locked 30FPS if you lock it down to 1080p. WWE 2k19 is another good example as the frame rate becomes locked, but the game also uses an adaptive v-sync (which means that when the game drops frames it has screen tearing), so when the frames no longer drop the screen tearing is also gone.

Thanks for the clarification

scooper

Jan 20, 2019
Now note- if MoM is Sora, that doesn't inherently mean he's the OG Sora we all know. He might be his pure Nobody, as someone else suggested earlier, or an embittered Sora from a timeline where things went horribly wrong. That's where the rub would most likely be, I think.
very true! i'll try to keep this in mind. i couldn't bear to see that spunky lil goofball become something so unrepentant and manipulative

i mean i like the mom is sora theory but the way to preditable it losses the whole point of sora characther besides mom is a scitenset unless somehow he become smart all of sudden it would fit his chacther
this is a good point.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
I just beat the secret boss and my lord what a rush, it takes a lot from Lingering Will but is still verymuch its own thing. Osaka team's come a long way since their broken Birth By Sleep boss days. Definitely my second favorite compared to Lingering Will. (dunno if Seven Force has beat it yet but he'll love it :P)
I saw that when I was watching my friends playthrough the other day. Nomura's put so many subtle hints in the game but you don't realize them till after the fact. Young Master Xehanort for example seems to warn Sora that if he abuses his new power it'll comeback to bite him (which it did in the ending)

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
I saw that when I was watching my friends playthrough the other day. Nomura's put so many subtle hints in the game but you don't realize them till after the fact. Young Master Xehanort for example seems to warn Sora that if he abuses his new power it'll comeback to bite him (which it did in the ending)

Edit: I have no idea why that cameup as a double post instead of a edit @_@

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I saw some of the beginning, and I find it amazing that you just jump right in. No Twilight Town, Traverse Town or original world, no major cutscenes, just smacks you righton Mt Olympus, even fighting a large body. Ballsy move, but it pays off spectacularly.
Dive to Heart is definitely inside the Final World is one thing that seems certain. And I loved the Parallel to KH1. Also, I think they are somehow gonna make Chi an in universe thing inside the Gummi Phone, and have Sora self insert himself like how Coded was Data-Sora inside Jiminy's notebook. The open world Gummi Ocean Between was also balls to the walls amazing, just holy shit. And Ienzo back to being the scientist with communications to the rest of the team. Lastly, Olympus being Kingdom Hearts II.9 was hilariously on point and self aware.

Soralight8

Oct 25, 2017
i think i know what in the black box it has skuld heart because she his is a goddess simmular to tia dialma how she was calypso and that luxu let her escape he know that she a goddess and the skuld we see in ux is her human form

plus this scene righ here right before the player wnt into ux world he called skuld godesss maybe it was internal or not make you wonder

Last edited:

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wondering, has it been outright confirmed that Luxu was Eraqus and Xehanort's mentor?
No, if anything, it has been deconfirmed by the reports.

Luxu gave No Name to one of "the Five" around the time they jumped forward in time. There could have also been additional bequeathments (bequeathals?) between one of "the Five" who inherited it and when it ended up on the wall of the chess room in scala