• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
People are guessing that the model for Vergil is Maxim Nazarov.

large-1540833675-27c42f52f6db56b809e7d0bde27e763d.jpg

If this is indeed the model, then like with Trish, I feel like they chose the correct model but didn't translate as accurately as the others. This guy DEFINITELY looks like Vergil but what we got in-game looks less like Vergil.

There's someone over at gfaqs saying the credits showed it's the same facial model as Dante.

Not sure if that's true or not though since they didn't post any proof.

Anyway he still looks roughed up either way.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There are some missions you could choose the characters but they are restricted.
We got a screen cap of the last half of the game's mission select so we know who's selectable from M13-M19. Think you can help us out by getting us a image of the other half? Also, is Dante available for M20?
uvxf1kd9ntj21.png

Last edited:

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, do Dante and Trish bang? Make out? Do Trish and Lady even do anything in the story?

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Has it been confirmed that you can't replay the campaign with the character of your choice throughout? Little bit of a bummer if that's the case.

RhaZo

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, SP - Brazil
We got a screen cap of the last half of the game's mission select so we know who's selectable from M13-M19. Think you can help us out by getting us a image of the other half? Also, is Dante available for M20?
uvxf1kd9ntj21.png

I will look into my videos if I have some picture from the mission list to share with you.

If im not mistaken there are only 2 missions which you could choose the character. To answer your M20 question:

You fight Virgil using Dante in mission 19. Its a harder fight than the m20

Last edited:

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot stop listening to Voltaic Black Knight, the rest of the OST better be as good as this

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this thread is inactive because all the discussion is in the DMC discord. :|
It was for a while but now even the DMC discord has tempered down. A lot of people have bunkered down and not visiting discord due to danger of spoilers (even though it has separated channels).

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Starting tomorrow i fully expect more leaks to come through. Me personally i just want to see Vergil's "ressurection" scene and i will be good until Friday.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I will look into my videos if I have some picture from the mission list to share with you.

If im not mistaken there are only 2 missions which you could choose the character. To answer your M20 question:

You fight Virgil using Dante in mission 19. Its a harder fight than the m20

Hello again. Question. The mission select screen or the menu screen after you beat the game, do the characters move like MGS V menu screen? ALSO...

Also is there a pic where we can see Dante, Vergil and Nero in the van after the game?

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
prediction: i predict the shop music will be very chill

not a prediction

So, I have a few questions that I hope are not "too annoying":

1.) What's the actual ending of the game? Epilogue?
2.) What was the point of this story?
3.) While I understand that V is the good side to Vergil, shouldn't he be treated as his own separate character? I just find it difficult to see any similarities between V and Vergil. And finally, does he not come back at all? :(

OP
OP
Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

1.) What's the actual ending of the game? Epilogue?
3.) While I understand that V is the good side to Vergil, shouldn't he be treated as his own separate character? I just find it difficult to see any similarities between V and Vergil. And finally, does he not come back at all? :(
1) Don't know what the epilogue is, apparently the credits scene is Dante and Vergil fighting alongside and you can control as Dante while an AI Vergil is fighting with you. After Nero and Vergil fight, Dante and Vergil realized the underworld is still loose and they need to fix it. So they go to fix that while Nero stays on the surface.
2) I don't know what you mean by "point" of the story.
3) Based on what people are saying and especially from the pre-DMC5 novel released... V is cognizant of who he is and so is Griffon. So him reading the book of William Blake is something that Vergil apparently used to do as a kid. There are some obvious similarities between V and Nero tho... idol animation of him slicking back his hair, taunt where he laughs maniacally like a bad guy, summoned sword technique and teleports.

V doesn't come back but Vergil gives the William Blake book to Nero and tells him to hold on to it. Maybe there is a way to bring V back but who knows.

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unmarked spoilers?

That means I can post this without a spoiler right?

...still gonna spoiler it lol

Don't expect it to be up long.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, someone's already posted this a few pages back. Thread moves fast, lmao.

Last edited:

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018

Someone already answered 1 so I'll skip that.

2) Point of the story was to wrap up the Sons of Sparda saga and to pave the way for Nero to continue DMC (I think...). That, or to setup a future game where both Vergil and Dante are fighting together.

3) Since V and Vergil are the same, I guess you can say that V does a good job at displaying Vergil's dorky side. Poetry, classical music, tap dancing, etc.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
After watching that boss battle on Reddit, Vergil is still pure fire. I don't care what anyone says. Just give us his DLC adventures Itsuno. Hook it directly into me damnit!

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
please bet: will vergil have a hat in this video game

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Not really sure where to ask this but should I be getting this on ps4 (pro) or pc (gtx 980, I5-4690k)?

My fav series of all time, already took off work for it, but I'm gonna need a locked 60fps for this bad boy.

If performance is good on PS4 I might lean that way because I only have one PC, but I have an upstairs and downstairs PS4.

Last edited: