• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh the game never was on Xbox ?
Damn...guess this explain the reactions in this thread lol. Good for that audience.
yeah, it took its time

screenshot2021-03-15afbkdi.png

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Ahh!! I thought an Xbox console version would never happen after Undertale was only on Game Pass for PC's launch w/ no achievements or other XBL features!!

I bought the game on PC at launch and bounced off of it multiple times (I didn't think it was funny and I found the maps were too narrow compared to Earthbound, and I wasn't in the mood for that back in 2015) right before Undyne (and eventually Alphys, the funniest character) where I woulda fallen in love, but after Deltarune Ch 1 released on Switch, I decided to check the series out on that platform and it was a wrap from there. I previously stopped right where the game would have its ensemble expanded and the comedy comes from the full ensemble bouncing off each other, and it's also after that point where the game felt less onrails to me and I started to feel the slight divergences due to my actions or inactions. And all the things that fell flat (its tone of comedy, wasn't the biggest Sans fan) for me at the beginning of the game are now painfully charming upon revisits.

Loved the Switch-exclusive section, can't wait to see what this Xbox-exclusive content is like!

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Legit suprised it was never on xbox, just feels like one of those games you assume is on everything

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry to inform you that this is illegal.

(I already got one of the main endings on Switch, but this is an excellent "get" for the service)

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Any benefits on the Switch version? I have that but down for replaying it on Xbox if there's anything else to it

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Wasn't it already on Gamepass?
Oh right, it was never on console. Fair enough.
Yeah, it was there when Game Pass for PC launched, but it was one of the many titles in the earliest days that had no XBL features; no achievements. This seems a lot more satisfying if you're a fan of XBL features like achievements, and it has some Xbox-exclusive content. Not to knock the original GPPC inclusion - as it still made the fantastic Undertale more accessible during its run on the service - but this finally feels like a proper Xbox-ecosystem release. The Xbox-exclusive content, whatever it is, is the cherry on top.

The only drawback is that this release doesn't support Play Anywhere and the PC version that remains on the Microsoft Store is the basic XBL-feature-lacking release without whatever this exclusive Xbox content is.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Always wanted to play this, but never did. But now I can. When I have time. Someday

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
I am so glad I didn't play this when it came to Game Pass PC some time back as it didn't have any achievements.

Lime Blockade

Aug 4, 2018
The other crazy thing is that at the end of the trailer it says that Fangamer is gonna have physical copies of the game.

Oct 27, 2017
Well, another one to play

Off topic, where's the post that started the "Is this Legal" meme? I need to read it in context

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Game Pass is a great value but ... Undertale is a 5-year old, very reasonably priced game.

Also, if you haven't played it yet, now is your chance.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Is this a big get?
I know the game is popular but it's also been out for over 5 years.
Even on console it's been out for a long time.

Lube Man

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Curious, it's been out for 5.5 years and on different other platforms, really surprised you haven't played it yet, especially if you wanted to. Hell, the cheapest it ever got on Steam was $3.39.

I have a Laptop to play games, but mostly I boot it up for Multiplayer stuff like currently Rust or some survival PC exclusives like Valheim. Very rarely do I play classic single player games on it, I don't really know why, I'm mostly a console guy and somehow never was in the right situation to buy it on PS4.
Had my eye on a Switch physical edition sometimes tho, but it was always a bit more expensive as I would have liked. ^^

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Next up: Microsoft invents a Time Bubble to expand your gaming sessions beyond their allotted time in your day!

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I have a Laptop to play games, but mostly I boot it up for Multiplayer stuff like currently Rust or some survival PC exclusives like Valheim. Very rarely do I play classic single player games on it, I don't really know why, I'm mostly a console guy and somehow never was in the right situation to buy it on PS4.
Had my eye on a Switch physical edition sometimes tho, but it was always a bit more expensive as I would have liked. ^^

If this game wasn't free (well, Game Pass) with the MS release, would you have kept pushing it off?