Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

We heard about a second game "shrouded in darkness" from him years ago.

Alternatively (or additionally)... Gaster.

EDIT:

Last edited:

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Though the internet overhyped undertale, it was still a pretty decent game and I'm definitely down to see what's next from him!

OP
OP
Dwebble

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Undertale 2 would be the most logical game, right?
I kind of hope not- carrying on the story would break a lot of the themes of the first one. I could see a side story (as I said, Gaster seems ripe for that) or something following the same themes, Mother 1/2/3-style, but a straightforward continuation wouldn't work.

This plus the tease in Undertale Switch means something's coming soon right?

I hadn't seen this, but that makes it seem like something in the same world is likely, yeah.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I hope his new project is unrelated to Undertale. I'd like to see him do something new. Although the recent teases seem to imply otherwise.

Captain Goodnight

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been waiting for this for 3 years.......cannot wait for a formal announcement! Wonder whether he will go Kickstarter route or just release outright on Steam with no crowdfunding

Spooksy

Oct 28, 2017
Both the Undertale and UndertaleJP twitter accounts have changed their names, profile pictures, and header to just be blacked out.
It's happening.

indask8

Oct 28, 2017
I thought he had abandoned the idea of working on another Undertale based game, but now there's that extra fun event on the switch version and now this...

HYPE

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Oh god please.

UNdertale was fantastic. The music alone is devine.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I thought he had abandoned the idea of working on another Undertale based game, but now there's that extra fun event on the switch version and now this...

HYPE

I dunno, this may be entirely unrelated. If it's a new IP, it may make sense to tease it through the social media platforms of the massively successful one he's already established.

Deleted member 20471

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know man, Undertale is one of my favorite games of all time but its story is perfectly self-contained and the ending(s) is really satisfying, I don't feel the need for a sequel or for another story in the same narrative universe.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in for whatever Toby Fox does next, because Undertale was fantastic. I hope he resists the urge to do a direct sequel though, because Undertale was such a neatly wrapped story that I feel like trying to create a sequel would only ruin them both.

I'd be okay with another story in the same narrative universe as long as it didn't really touch the original characters. Maybe a slight reference here or there. Kind of like what little you see of Persona 4's cast in Persona 5.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In for whatever it is based off of the surely incredible soundtrack alone. Guy's a genius in this regard.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i should play undertale, but i don't want to play my steam copy since the game is available on switch, and i don't want to buy it on switch since i already have it on steam.
i'm in quite a pickle.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it's something new and not Undertale related, that game was perfect on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.