Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
We don't have any context here. They might not ever necessarily do a 1-to-1 adaptation of the games. It could be an overall homage that captures the tone of the series, and that's not a bad thing (if they can pull it off).
I honestly don't know why anybody would expect a 1:1 adaptation... that would probably be a bad movie. Not saying this will be great either, but I fully expected a mish-mash of new and existing set pieces.

Jul 26, 2018
I feel like this will just be another generic stupid fun movie overall. Probably the only movie being made.

Didn't Tom himself even admit that he wasn't too happy with his performance or something like that?

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
terrible casting and I dont understand what this movie is even supposed to be. A mashup of stuff from all the games?

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Tom was the best casting for Nathan Drake, this snippet just confirmed that.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
This already screams "made by people who never played the games" to me.

"Oh, yeah I've totally seen Drake fumbling around on loose cargo dangling from a plane. Oh, and do that thing where he's dangling upsidedown as he wakes up. GamersTM will love this."

Or... how about start with Drake doing a deep sea scuba retrieval?

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Baby face Holland is a poor fit for Drake, even if he's supposed to be playing a younger version.

Oct 25, 2017
People are so hyper critical of video game adaptions lol. "Why are they doing the Uncharted 3 plane thing?"

Are you kidding me of course. There's solid chance they aren't making another one these, you get one shot at making this movie they aren't going to hold back cool things from the games. They're adapting the idea of Uncharted which was already the idea of a bunch of other action adventure movies in a game. I'm an Uncharted fan, love the games. The stories in any other medium aren't special. They're elevated a lot by the voice / mo cap cast, but there's no specific story path they need to follow, this isn't The Last of Us.

Macija

Aug 14, 2018
Because it sucks when movies just look like video games. It's a big difference watching a scene or actively playing a scene. The thing that makes the Naughty Dog action setpieces so outstanding is that they are interactive. You are part of the action instead of just watching a cutscene. That doesn't translate well into movies IMHO.
But why can they just addapt this scene? No copy, addapt. As I said, it is a great scene, if you want interaction I am sorry but you are not going to find it in a movie. This scene could perfectly fit a Bond, Mission Imposible or Indiana Jones movie. It is great action setpiece and it can work in a movie as it did in the game.

I agree that not everything can be adapted to a movie, but I don't think there is a problem with this one. I mean... Would you want them to change the beginning of TLOU for the series just so it isn't the same as the game? Because I think that that sequence would look great in a series.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
The visuals looked OK but Holland is horribly miscast. He is not only too young, he also looks young for his age.

Testobjekt

Jan 23, 2018
Germany
Well, that's certainly an Uncharted movie...

tumblr_pbzjegLkso1r9dm6no2_500.gifv

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
How do you jump 10 meters towards a plane flying 300kms an hour lol. The moment he jumps up, the plane should be a distant speck.
Lol yeah that stood out to me. You can't just jump at a moving vehicle from behind. That shit is gone. Holland needs a better agent or something. And I'm sorry but he just looks like such a baby.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
I appreciated the Scottish part. I can not understand the Scottish accent myself 🤦‍♂️

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Looks fine. Just really strange seeing the plane setpiecr and even what seems to be the bar from the start of U3. If they were gonna do that why didn't they just do older drake? Ah well, probably just gonna be dumb fun anyways like Uncharted always is

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
It is not too late to release this movie as, idk, VITA exclusive and call it quits, right?

monkey-call.gif

Oct 27, 2017
How do you jump 10 meters towards a plane flying 300kms an hour lol. The moment he jumps up, the plane should be a distant speck.
That's not how physics works lol.
The moment he jumps he's already moving at the same speed as the plane, at a minumum, plus whatever speed he gained from the force of kicking off the crate

It looks wonky because it's a crazy inhumanly far jump, even after suspending our disbelief.

Jiffy Smooth

Dec 12, 2018
Anyone who watches this instead of watching National Treasure and The Mummy back to back is missing the point.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sick of Tom Holland already. His midget aura might have worked ok for Spider-Man, but this isn't him.