• Super Mario Otterssey

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath otter Wild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Two days for almost all except 'Murica, though.

Hmm. Maybe 8 hours then?

No.

In a perfect world this would happen. I really don't want the Direct to be on Wednesday (I guess that would be Tuesday for most of you guys) because i'm busy that day.

I wonder what Nintendo's thought process is. We all know the Direct is coming.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Good job on Nintendo for completely letting the air out and any excitement dissipate from any possible announcements/reveals.
I mean, of course I'm not saying they shouldn't have delayed it for a few days, but clearly nobody at TGS had any qualms about it, and they still haven't even confirmed a new date.

You're clearly saying they shouldn't have delayed it if you're sarcastically congratulating Nintendo on this

Risq

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They normally announce a direct at a time of 1 hours and 40 minutes away from now (or 2 hours and 40 minutes). Tweets can be scheduled, NoJ doesn't actually need to be in office (in fact, they often aren't when directs are announced on twitter).

Seems like it's light years ahead of Nintendo's technical know-how :P I always imagine there's someone getting paid overtime at Nintendo Australia to push the button to make the games go live on the eShop at midnight AEST on a Thursday.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, their thought process should be to just announce and drop it in the same day. The sooner the better. I would say just shadowdrop it, but it would be wise to give a few hours heads up. We all know they'll do the typical 24 hour notice, but this is a unique scenario and they should get it out as soon as possible. If they wait for Thursday because of arbitrary eShop update timings and "it's available now after the show" then that would be a bummer.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
But who am I kidding, we will get the announcement Wednesday night and the direct will be Thursday night.

I think deep in our hearts we all know this to be true. Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about 'Famitsu leaks' or whatever. The decision for the date of the Direct was probably made within the hour after the postponement, which lines up with the timeframe of the new Splatoon update being pushed to next Friday.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're clearly saying they shouldn't have delayed it if you're sarcastically congratulating Nintendo on this
Or you could read the post as is instead of trying to divine some secret meaning.
They could've delayed it without letting their main competitor steal some of the thunder.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Hmm. Maybe 8 hours then?

No.

Sure, but most people aren't laser focused on twitter, trying to catch the direct announcement when it first goes live. To get everyone informed, you will need to allow for several hours. That is if care about getting as many people to watch it at the same time (they didn't with the direct mini, but that's the only occurrence of this so far). Maybe they decide to drop it and count on people finding out about it quickly (as they will be somewhat alert to direct activity).

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Who cares where games are shown?!"

Said in a Direct thread that generated almost 10'000 posts before the Direct even happened.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
"Who cares where games are shown?!"

Said in a Direct thread that generated almost 10'000 posts before the Direct even happened.
I don't see the problem. I'd say people should be hyped for a Direct because they know new games will be coming to their system (otherwise, why have a Direct?). As such, it doesn't matter if a couple of games from the Direct turn out to have been revealed beforehand: what should get people hyped is their existence.

It's not like the few prior announcements made comprise the whole of the Direct, either: there'll be plenty new stuff to be seen, I'm sure.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't see the problem. I'd say people should be hyped for a Direct because they know new games will be coming to their system (otherwise, why have a Direct?). As such, it doesn't matter if a couple of games from the Direct turn out to have been revealed beforehand: what should get people hyped is their existence.

It's not like the few prior announcements made comprise the whole of the Direct, either: there'll be plenty new stuff to be seen, I'm sure.

I am more annoyed at the people acting like all that somehow doesn't matter while at the same time posting in a thread about a Direct that hasn't even been properly dated. It might not matter to them but it definitely matters to Nintendo and the people making them.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
10 minutes. (And I'm not counting 3DS games, online service, Smash, Mario Party, LGPE and Splatoon)

Remaining is probably reserved for anything else 1st Party, another game from Bethesda/Rockstar based on Vern and that should do it.

It's alright. I was never too excited for a September direct. Nothing really that I care for personally.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We still have the exciting on-line service and parental control features to go through! Maybe even some more Smash patch notes.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. People are thinking there's going to be a Direct on 9/11.

To be completely fair, you're also kidding yourself if you think Nintendo (or any Japanese company) is going to hold off on doing anything on 9/11.

That said....yeah, there's an extremely high chance that they just moved it a week.

Oct 30, 2017
It will be funny if Sony TGS show is not hype than this Direct when there was barely any pre hype for it. Sony doesn't have much hype these days in general as people are busy playing their heavy hitters and are probbpro satisfied.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
So that Dreamcast guy was hinting at CC coming to Switch?

Most likely. "Important presence of SqEnix" = FFXVPE, FFCC, TWEWY, some mentions about how Octopath was a success and thank you for buying and probably something like a Bravely 1&2 for Switch, or a port of the Steam versions of FFVII-VIII-IX

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most likely. "Important presence of SqEnix" = FFXVPE, FFCC, TWEWY, some mentions about how Octopath was a success and thank you for buying and probably something like a Bravely 1&2 for Switch, or a port of the Steam versions of FFVII-VIII-IX
This would be amazing, especially the Steam ports of Final Fantasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.