• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Ninja Warrior UK was probably shit but the original back on Challenge was quality

OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Wonder if this will be a copy of the old UK stuff, the US/Interanational stuff or its own thing.

Not into wresting at all but curious

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Will it be better than the show they did a couple years ago?

In fact, that was ok. Better than WWE anyway.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Curious to see how this turns out since WWE went out of their way to lock away tons of UK talent behind short term (but decently paying) WWE contracts, just to make it harder for WoS to pull this off.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Good old bug daddy lol.

Will Ospreay was at the first taping I believe.

I'll give it a watch. Wwe ratings on sky are in the toilet at the moment.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I remember watching a bbc docu about indie wrestling in scotland and Grado was one of the guys they were following about. Might give it a watch on itv player if it's good.

OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
I looks like the robot wars production team have made a wrestling show, room looks tiny and the edited crowd shots are comedy.

Enjoying the cheese tho.

deli

Oct 25, 2017
Just realised Ospreay is in his CHAOS gear haha.

Suzuki-Gun vs CHAOS on primetime british telly. Wild.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Hang on, I think this Kirby guy was at the one live wrasslin' show I actually watched, I must root for him.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
How is the show? I just put it on to record on STV+1 so can check it out later on if I feel like it.

empyrean2k

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's alright to be fair. More of a wrestling feel than entertainment? Seen a wrist lock for the first time in years (only very very occasionally watch wwe. Early to mid 90s my fav era wwf).

kharma45

Oct 26, 2017
I forgot how awful 'wrestling' was. These fellas should be on Strictly instead with these choreographed moves.

deli

Oct 25, 2017
For people who aren't wrestling fans/haven't seen a wrestling show before, how is this to you so far?

kharma45

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, here's the obligatory "I don't like wrestling, but I'm going to watch it anyway and complain about it" post.

Sorry I didn't realise this was a positive comments only thread. My bad.

For people who aren't wrestling fans/haven't seen a wrestling show before, how is this to you so far?

Shite. Watched about 2 mins of it. Corny af but I guess that fits in with this time slot on a Saturday night.

deli

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I didn't realise this was a positive comments only thread. My bad.

Shite. Watched about 2 mins of it. Corny af but I guess that fits in with this time slot on a Saturday night.

What don't you like about it? Genuinely interested since this is a show that's aiming for a different market than most modern wrestling right now.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I grew up in the (arguably golden) Era of Big Daddy (people's champion) and Giant Haystacks (villain /heel) and various racist caricatures like Kendo Nagasaki. It was the youngest I ever realized on my own that something was fake.

kharma45

Oct 26, 2017
What don't you like about it? Genuinely interested since this is a show that's aiming for a different market than most modern wrestling right now.

The fact that it's essentially just acrobatic acting. When I flicked it on I assumed it'd be proper competitive wrestling but obviously not. I'm sure some will like it judging by this thread, which is fair enough. Just not for me.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
Ha that was brilliant. Solid Saturday night entertainment. I'm excited to see Bea Priestley, Viper and Kay Lee Ray next week! Looks like WOS have a pretty solid roster.

I was more entertained by an hour of that than I have been by WWE Raw in months.