Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Smyth's have just obliterated any good reputation they had after today. What an absolute mess All Access has been.

Someone I know had a credit check done BEFORE the site checked stock and told them there were no consoles left. Why on earth doesn't it check stock before it does a credit check and potentially affects people's credit ratings? It should go: Check stock > if stock, reserve console for set period (say 15 minutes) > perform credit check > if passed, process payment.

Yeah, this is what happened to me. I quite liked Smyths but won't be using them again after this. Unforgivable.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda surprised the Series S is still in stock on Game and Amazon. it's so tempting to just get one...

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
So what's going on with John Lewis? Did they not stock them today in the end?
They never even planned to offer stock.

What's the deal with this Klarna stuff? Can anyone post a quick overview, I've lost track while working today.
XBOX All Access, the program with a 'free' console and games for a 24-month contract, was offered through two retailers; GAME and Smyths Toys in the UK. Credit facility was offered by Klarna on behalf of the two retailers.

To be able to enrol onto XAA, a hard credit check is needed by Klarna. Many were declined and this had the consequence of dinging their credit score, little clarity as to how the Direct Debit has been setup properly, and no stock left to sell in the case of Smyths even with a successful credit check. GAME restricted their XAA to existing subscribers, but this wasn't communicated on the outset.

So yeah, a shitshow.

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
What's the deal with this Klarna stuff? Can anyone post a quick overview, I've lost track while working today.

It's been declining fine, upstanding gentlemen like myself due to an error, it seems.

Also, it's been agreeing people and then the retailers not having any consoles, so leaving people to try and cancel the payment plan

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Two sites offering it for pre orders, both went down pretty much straight away. Both came back up around 3ish. Quite a few people had credit checks done and were either declined for no reason, or processed with a direct debit set up, but no console available.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020

They are having technical issues, which has meant they are rejecting people for a £29 a month console, despite applicants having pristine credit history. That and they seem to be failing credit checks because of a lack of stock and/or because the wind isn't blowing in the right direction.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone else get stuck on the MS store in the review and place order screen? Everything is entered, but when I click Place Order it fails every time for the last 30 minutes.

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
What!!! My order on Microsoft's website just went through!! I had the Xbox Series X in the cart since around 8:20am, and been randomly trying to proceed through to checkout during the day and getting an error. It just went through when I tried. Have a go at that for anyone else still trying!

" Once your order is processed, we'll send a receipt and any related instructions to: <e-mail>. Your VAT invoice will follow within 24-48 hours. "

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
What!!! My order on Microsofts website just went through!! I had the Xbox Series X in the cart since around 8:20am, and been randomly trying to proceed through the day. It just went through, try that!

" Once your order is processed, we'll send a receipt and any related instructions to: <e-mail>. Your VAT invoice will follow within 24-48 hours. "

Wow, that's amazing. Haha congrats!

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
They are having technical issues, which has meant they are rejecting people for a £29 a month console, despite applicants having pristine credit history. That and they seem to be failing credit checks because of a lack of stock and/or because the wind isn't blowing in the right direction.
Two sites offering it for pre orders, both went down pretty much straight away. Both came back up around 3ish. Quite a few people had credit checks done and were either declined for no reason, or processed with a direct debit set up, but no console available.
It's been declining fine, upstanding gentlemen like myself due to an error, it seems.

Also, it's been agreeing people and then the retailers not having any consoles, so leaving people to try and cancel the payment plan
Really sorry to hear that, what an absolute and avoidable shitshow. It's baffling how badly this has all been handled. I know there's a lot of reasons but perhaps they should have opened preorders wayyy earlier in the year and done them in waves over a month or so, to reduce the pressure and give the systems more of a chance to hold up. Also, have better systems smh.

flobber

Nov 1, 2019
Quite surprised the Series S is still in stock in places, with the way they announced it I imagine there's a lot of folk out there who don't really know much about it or understand the difference.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel there is still a huge amount of people who trade games and buy games 2nd hand. Digital is nice but how many want to lose that option.
This was me. I was inclined to go with the Series X anyway, but since I rent games from Boomerang, that made a discless console a non-starter.

Exactly.

The Series S works perfectly for me. Small form factor, 1080p TV, and haven't bought an Xbox game on disk since 2015, but I'm like the Spider-Man demographic here.

KepperC

Jul 17, 2020
Ended up with 2, as I didn't trust ShopTo's word and bought it on Amazon at 8am. I'm about to release my ShopTo one into the wild, so keep refreshing the page?

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Agree for normal pre-orders I managed to get and S and X. Sounds like Smyths dropped the ball for All Access people though.
S and X? Damn, that is impressive! Were you working in multiple windows? I thought about it, but then realized I'd probably just flip one of them and didn't want to bother. Going with the X since it'll be more future proof

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone know if the new controllers will work with the old plug and charge kit?

(is it usb-c why they are releasing them again?)

thanks

Xion

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, that's amazing. Haha congrats!

Yup! I got the e-mail confirmation too. I wasn't going to even get one as I pre-ordered a PlayStaton 5 and was going to stick with that and my Xbox One X (which I hardly used, but few games I do want to get round to). I don't have a PC yet and was looking to build one later this year to play some Game Pass titles at higher spec. Then just got caught up in the hype and I caved in...and went for the pre-order of the Series X to replace the One X. Exciting times.

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
S and X? Damn, that is impressive! Were you working in multiple windows? I thought about it, but then realized I'd probably just flip one of them and didn't want to bother. Going with the X since it'll be more future proof
Originally I was but I got the X off Amazon then left for work, then while in the car park I checked on my phone and saw the MS store went live on the S and managed to get that as well lol

Harlowlad

Oct 27, 2017
So those who were fucked over by smyths / game what we gonna do to raise this shit show??? complaint to Microsoft?

skysthelimit

Jan 16, 2019
Microsoft website will still let me go to checkout with an XSX...

Might be worth looking if someone actually wants one.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yup! I got the e-mail confirmation too. I wasn't going to even get one as I pre-ordered a PlayStaton 5 and was going to stick with that and my Xbox One X (which I hardly used, but few games I do want to get round to). I don't have a PC yet and was looking to build one later this year to play some Game Pass titles at higher spec. Then just got caught up in the hype and I caved in...and went for the pre-order of the Series X to replace the One X. Exciting times.

Oh man! Congrats, absolutely the best way to be! Enjoy all the gaming goodness. Next generations are so exciting! haha

Oct 28, 2017
Managed to get my Series X pre-order instore at GAME, but you've got to do the actual Xbox All Access signup online. Might give it a few days before I try, so they can work out all of the kinks in the online system.