IpKaiFung

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wales
Private education is where people learn how to talk absolute bollocks but with such an air of authority, no one will question you.

IpKaiFung

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wales
Not surprised but I'm more angry at being gaslighted by all the shit jurnos at the time trying to tell us that everything was ok.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
Can't stand Hancock. Two faced weasel. Just seeing him in I Am A Celeb or SAS show, you can instantly tell he is lying and manipulative in how he answers and projects himself to weasel in or out. It's really quite disturbing and obvious.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
Can't stand Hancock. Two faced weasel. Just seeing him in I Am A Celeb or SAS show, you can instantly tell he is lying and manipulative in how he answers and projects himself to weasel in or out. It's really quite disturbing and obvious.
Like seriously and it worked though, that's what really disgusts me. A lot of the public liked him and like you say it was so obvious. And it's even more obvious what he is now because he's trying to get immunity.

I wouldn't be surprised if these politicians get training in lying it's so consistent in the way they do it.

Oct 26, 2017
Like seriously and it worked though, that's what really disgusts me. A lot of the public liked him and like you say it was so obvious. And it's even more obvious what he is now because he's trying to get immunity.

I wouldn't be surprised if these politicians get training in lying it's so consistent in the way they do it.

That's media training in a nutshell lol.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: There's something about the phrasing of "the worst terrorist attack on Israel since the Holocaust" that feels like it's really undermining the Holocaust.

Of course Israel didn't exist at the time of the Holocaust, and using Israel and Jews interchangeably is explicitly antisemitc as per the IHRA, so I assume the EHRC will be investigating.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
It's okay Keir, you can say protect innocent people and you won't get called Corbyn or just say we follow the US and until they say otherwise, we can't say anything because it would make the UK look like a non player in the world 😱

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
My concern about this total capitulation to Israel and America (which is really what this about) makes me extremely concerned that he will never stand up to the United States to protect Britain's reputation and/or a humanitarian position (you may ask WHAT REPUTATION but you get what I mean). At least Blair had a few good international wins before he tanked it all with Bush but we wont even get that with Starmer.

Any regular here knows my leaning on Labour but flippantly brushing aside human rights is just becoming a pattern of behaviour for him and i havenlt seen much recently to assuage me.

Oct 31, 2017
I fully expect the police to use their Minority Report powers for this.

www.bbc.co.uk

Planned protest on Armistice Day would be disrespectful, says Sunak

Rishi Sunak says there is a risk war memorials such as the Cenotaph in London could be "desecrated".

Absolutely. They used the totalitarian section 7 to arrest over 60 people just a few days ago.

www.theguardian.com

Met uses new anti-protest powers to arrest climate protesters for first time

Force makes first use of section 7 of Public Order Act to curtail slow march protest outside parliament

And Starmer's utter moral cowardice somehow continues to surprise me. There is no bottom.

IpKaiFung

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wales
"I support the government but I encourage them to go further by having special community officers live in everyone's house."

My concern about this total capitulation to Israel and America (which is really what this about) makes me extremely concerned that he will never stand up to the United States to protect Britain's reputation and/or a humanitarian position (you may ask WHAT REPUTATION but you get what I mean). At least Blair had a few good international wins before he tanked it all with Bush but we wont even get that with Starmer.

Any regular here knows my leaning on Labour but flippantly brushing aside human rights is just becoming a pattern of behaviour for him and i havenlt seen much recently to assuage me.

It was when he supported the spycops and war crimes bills that did it for me.

Last edited:

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I fully expect the police to use their Minority Report powers for this.

www.bbc.co.uk

Planned protest on Armistice Day would be disrespectful, says Sunak

Rishi Sunak says there is a risk war memorials such as the Cenotaph in London could be "desecrated".
I feel like getting deja vu here. I swear we had talk about protests last year and the year before that and the year before that and the…

Oh well, if Twitter wasn't such a dumpster fire I would go to the poppy watch account for a good laugh.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Who knew being Homeless was lifestyle choice!? She is such a wicked evil person.
It's not the first time I've heard that from a right winger. Someone said it to me in person once and my fucking head just about exploded.

Still, I guess if it's a lifestyle choice then they don't need to feel guilty that homeless people might be suffering due to their actions / inactions.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Who knew being Homeless was lifestyle choice!? She is such a wicked evil person.
Read that quote this morning and it blew my mind.

Like any sane person would chose to live in a tent over a house/flat that was safe for them.

Absolutely horrendous shit to suggest it's a lifestyle choice to be homeless.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
"There's alternatives."
"Like?"
"There are alternatives."
"Name the alternatives and how a person could access them."
"There are alternatives."
"Are you even funding them."

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
As usual they are importing rhetoric from the American right.
Well if you were cynical you could say they are replicating the American right because they believe it will get them votes, but in the case of Braverman I think the truly disgusting thing is she believes in this shit - she isn't saying this just to get votes, she is saying it because that what she wants.

Oct 31, 2017
Well if you were cynical you could say they are replicating the American right because they believe it will get them votes, but in the case of Braverman I think the truly disgusting thing is she believes in this shit - she isn't saying this just to get votes, she is saying it because that what she wants.

In her case, absolutely. She believes in this shit and it is terrifying.

Oct 27, 2017
The march towards fascism continues

www.theguardian.com

Revealed: plan to brand anyone ‘undermining’ UK as extremist

Leaked documents spark furious backlash from groups who fear freedom of expression could be suppressed

Funny definition:

Extremism is the promotion or advancement of any ideology which aims to overturn or undermine the UK's system of parliamentary democracy, its institutions and values.

The only thing that I can think of that unambiguously meets that criteria is the Conservatives under Boris Johnson illegally proroguing parliament to try and avoid parliamentary scrutiny of his Brexit deal. Are the Conservatives an extremist group by their own definition?

Also I really don't understand the Tories wanting to go hard against any sort of dissent against the government during this, the dying embers of their time in power. It's almost like they've forgot that being in opposition means they will no longer be the ones dictating the governmental agenda, and any ham-fisted laws they introduce with the aim of suppressing free speech are more likely to be used against them and their supporters.

Oct 31, 2017
I think they, by which I mean the hard fascistic right that now controls the Tory party, want to shape the country into their own image in as permanent a manner as they can manage.

The best way they can do that now, given that their party is likely to lose nominal control in the next election, is to pass as much fascistic legislation as they can before that time, under the assumption that an incoming labour government will not undo it in any meaningful way.

I think they are probably right about that last part, and can count on the moral cowardice of the current opposition to leave them these powers to use when they crawl back into control in however many years.

I don't want to be right about any of this.

Omoi

May 7, 2019
I think it's completely wrong to say that labour are suffering from "moral cowardice". They are every bit as nasty and authoritarian as the Tories are, and always have been. They aren't not opposing any of the awful shit the Tories are doing because it's the right strategy for winning an election, they're not opposing it because they agree with it all. Of course they won't repeal any of it because they're very happy for it all to be happening in the first place.

Omoi

May 7, 2019
That *could* be one of the ones everyone already knows about, equally theres plenty of others that wouldn't be a surprise.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't that more about the role of women in politics?

I dislike Thatcher and Thatcherism but I don't think it is a controversial statement with added context.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
It's a fair enough opinion, spot a woman during her time in politics and woman generally getting positions of power, could argue either way I suppose if she opened the door and gave people confidence etc. or just times changed but she was very much outlier regardless of what you think she was like.

Anyway, so the Tories have more sex pests and rapists, cover ups. Hope the media get their teeth into that, the rape one sounds significantly bad since they paid support for one of them and the accused possibly did it to others which they ignored.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can't divorce Thatcher's legacy in the role of women in politics from her actual politics, and Reeves is well aware of what she's doing and the message she's sending.

Jun 24, 2019
I think the purpose of the article was to pander to old voters "THe goOd ol'dAys". That said, I wouldn't consider Thatcher being a feminist icon lol. One could admire how she got into power but her time in power, that's something else entirely.

Anyway, so the Tories have more sex pests and rapists, cover ups. Hope the media get their teeth into that, the rape one sounds significantly bad since they paid support for one of them and the accused possibly did it to others which they ignored.

The sheer number of tory MPs coming out as rapists/sex pests

What's even more ridiculous is how the country is so desensitised by the scandals, it's just to be expected now.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
I think the purpose of the article was to pander to old voters "THe goOd ol'dAys". That said, I wouldn't consider Thatcher being a feminist icon lol. One could admire how she got into power but her time in power, that's something else entirely.

What's even more ridiculous is how the country is so desensitised by the scandals, it's just to be expected now.

It's a pretty wild story, should be party destroying. I'll say it again but how the fuck is the UK some anomaly of justice of the higher ups, it's a fix. At least in other countries the authorities actually knock doors down and arrest people, here it's ignored except that one time in Scotland mind with the SNP recently. You can do pretty much anything and it gets brushed under the carpet. Are they sending interpol to arrest Michelle Mone or was it just government stamped corruption so no harm no foul, as long as the corruption is in the rules and accountability is just maybe losing your seat or pissing off for a few weeks. Sham.

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017
www.theguardian.com

UK ‘in violation of international law’ over poverty levels, says UN envoy

Exclusive: Special rapporteur Olivier De Schutter to urge ministers to increase welfare spending on visit to country this week
its not poverty, its destitute. remove tories by any means necessary, then fix the rest of our problems

www.theguardian.com

The Tories have created a new poverty – one so deep and vicious it requires Victorian vocabulary | Frances Ryan

‘Destitute’ means a living standard so sparse, it should be consigned to history. It now applies to 4 million in the UK, says Guardian columnist Frances Ryan

Soap

Oct 27, 2017

That's always been the problem. You can't nail the tories on sleaze because everyone knows and expects them to be sleazy. Covid cut through because it was something we all went through, but a Tory sex pest is a take as old as time.

Last edited: