• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EGWzxESWwAAna1F

This is an actual Leave.Eu (the unofficial Leave campaign headed by Nigel Farage) image.

It's not a big surprise that that is how these people think - but to make official propaganda using that language is, I think, possibly unprecedented even by the standards of the brexit debate. This is way beyond dogwhistling.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I could hate these cunts more but that sure doesn't stop them from trying huh

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
But we didn't vote for Brexit due to Xenophobia, there were clear economic benefits to leaving the EU. Let's fund our NHS........oh wait

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I have a friend in the UK that thinks along those lines.

I hadn't spoken to him in ages. When we finally reconnected not too long ago, I brought up Brexit and what a mess it was.

He went on this rant about how Germany - having lost two world wars - was now trying to take over the EU by other means.

I haven't brought it up again cause I really like him and don't want to give up that friendship.

I actually posted his comments at the old boards (just before the thread got locked). Here's what he said:

I think it was the right thing

Europe is slowly revealing its self for what it is

That is, dictated to by Germany

All the institutions such as eu commission, foreign minister eye are appointed by germany

It's not democratic

I also had an interesting perspective living in eastern Europe for so many years and saw what the EU was doing

Basically a poor country like Hungary joins

The eu comes in and offers money to rebuild motor ways... build new airports.. infrastructure

German companies go in and do the work

The poor country then had a huge debt and people using the new roads etc have to pay tolls to use them

There's so much debt the local government sells off key industries like mines... power utilities to pay the debt

German companies buy them

Much of the output goes to Germany to make Energy cheaper in Germany

The poor country then needs more power stations

German companies then buy up farms, factories making cheap goods

All the output goes to Germany

The locals then have no choice to buy expensive German goods

It's all very insidious

Germany tried conquering europe by force twice

It's now done it

But enough people here see it for what it is

So I say it's a good thing the UK is leaving

Last edited:

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
God I hate this shit. Of course it was around before but all this racism and xenophobia since the referendum has become so much more prevelant and almost acceptable :(

Oct 27, 2017
Why aren't Remain pols going hard on Farage bending over for his paymasters in Russia?

Put his face over "Putin assassinated his enemies on UK soil, and Farage wants to make sure he's never brought to justice"

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
One of the few benefits of Brexit will be Leave.eu losing their domain.

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
I'm assuming that they believe that if only they go deep enough, they'll eventually loop back around to being on top.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
The country feels like a war museum a lot of the time and these idiots still managed to learn nothing at best from the constant living in the past.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
I was like "doubt it" while actually being fully ready to see new lows.
I wasn't ready, and my eyebrows are raised as much as I can. My whole body is struggling to believe they'd be this fucking dumb. Like holy shit.
Fucking brexiters.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It's incredible how the entire nation of England seems to have degenerated into a death cult, with the brains of the average voter reduced to pudding by 30+ years of relentless garbage fed to them by both tabloid and broadsheet papers (along with TV of course), robbing them of any relation to reality.

Then of course, you give the most aggrieved people in the country a chance at telling this strawman enemy constructed with such incredible craft, imbued with the most meticulous forms of acceptable racism and nostalgia pandering (of which this Leave.Eu poster is the essential mask off version of) to go and fuck themselves. The source of all evils was offering itself up on a plate to be punched right in the face. And they did go and tell them to go and fuck themselves, shockingly enough.

Now they march on into a glorious future of a broken electorate and political system, seemingly paralyzed at every single level to come out with a common consensus, perfectly setup to deal with the mass migration reality from it's former colonies of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and many others who will feel the true horrors of climate change which oh so ironically was set in motion by the English themselves.

Rule Britannia you miserable cunts, hope you have fun starting the Troubles again and not remembering that Ireland exists.

OP
OP
Geoff

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was like "doubt it" while actually being fully ready to see new lows.
I wasn't ready, and my eyebrows are raised as much as I can. My whole body is struggling to believe they'd be this fucking dumb. Like holy shit.
Fucking brexiters.

It's really fucking dangerous IMO. I don't for one second believe that pre-2016, you'd get even 5% of people signed up to this sort of thing. But now everyone is firmly entrenched, everyone has picked a side and made that part of their identity so it's hard to then back out, even when it turns out that this is what you signed up for. For some people, a lot of people, it's easier to accept this rhetoric and adopt it than it is to admit you were wrong.

OP
OP
Geoff

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's incredible how the entire nation of England seems to have degenerated into a death cult, with the brains of the average voter reduced to pudding by 30+ years of relentless garbage fed to them by both tabloid and broadsheet papers (along with TV of course), robbing them of any relation to reality.

Then of course, you give the most aggrieved people in the country a chance at telling this strawman enemy constructed with such incredible craft, imbued with the most meticulous forms of acceptable racism and nostalgia pandering (of which this Leave.Eu poster is the essential mask off version of) to go and fuck themselves. The source of all evils was offering itself up on a plate to be punched right in the face. And they did go and tell them to go and fuck themselves, shockingly enough.

Now they march on into a glorious future of a broken electorate and political system, seemingly paralyzed at every single level to come out with a common consensus, perfectly setup to deal with the mass migration reality from it's former colonies of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and many others who will feel the true horrors of climate change which oh so ironically was set in motion by the English themselves.

Rule Britannia you miserable cunts, hope you have fun starting the Troubles again and not remembering that Ireland exists.

It's not the entire nation. It's half the nation.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
Why aren't Remain pols going hard on Farage bending over for his paymasters in Russia?

Put his face over "Putin assassinated his enemies on UK soil, and Farage wants to make sure he's never brought to justice"
You have to give the right wing loons some credit. They understand that majority of people are morons who only understand slogans and they know how to play these people. The left are still doing that whole "when they go low, we go high" thing and seemingly haven't learned anything from the last few years.

Palantiri

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking bullshit xenophobia disseminated in memes for easy digestibility by vapid masses. This shouldn't even be of note except that it turns out there are a lot of these types walking around.

Should it be noted that the UK did not win either world war. At a basic level it was a number of states unified by common ideals of personhood and governance - ideals that we, on the 'winning' side view as good and virtuous. In WW2 it was the fascist ethnic nationalist axis that was seen as the being abhorrent and evil.

Which side is Farage appealing to here?

Dec 2, 2017
The second i hear anyone say anything along the line of 'we won two world wars' 'we won the war' I instantly know that person is a cretin.