• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Speaking as an outsider, is there any point for Lib Dems as a party other than to siphon off votes from Labour?

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Again, I'll say

EVERY. SINGLE. TORY. VOTER is complicit in hurting the disabled and all the deaths that may come in the future.

You voted "fuck you" to disabled people just because "Brexit"

Tory voters are nothing but scum to me.
Co sign

Also fucking foodbanks being normalised and becoming one of the fastest growing industries. Oh and the return of the scourge of homelessness.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly so sorry. Like, fuck. It's so bad, and I hate it so much. Don't give up hope though, we all gotta fight until the end... We can't ever give up precisely because people will suffer and die. That's enough reason to keep on trying.

But, you're right. No Labour politician should ever have anything other than an undying hatred for the Tories. Nye Bevan was right. They are lower than vermin.

Worth noting it was new Labour that brought in the policies that the tories later expanded on regarding disabled people.

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Worth noting it was new Labour that brought in the policies that the tories later expanded on regarding disabled people.

Yeah, and Labour was gonna get rid of them and stop shite like DWP assessments discriminating against the disabled and resulting in farcial horror stories so freauently, so it's not worth noting, not even remotely, that's a stupid thing to preface your sentence with and you should feel bad for even mentioning it as if it's 2010 and not 2019.

Khoryos

Nov 5, 2019
Speaking as an outsider, is there any point for Lib Dems as a party other than to siphon off votes from Labour?
No, that's literally what they were created for. Same us CUK, some labour MPs thought the leader was too far left so they bailed to the then-Liberal party and set up as the centrist opposition.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I remember about 20+ years ago watching Newsround and they were doing their school mock elections alongside the real one. The Scottish schools all voted SNP, not one school voted for a different party. The presenters made sure to say this landslide of votes for the SNP is never repeated in the real election where the SNP would be lucky to get a handful of MPs.
I can't help but think that it's that generation all grown up who voted the SNP in tonight. Amazing.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I knew this election was done the moment I saw the video of people in food banks saying they were voting Boris. When the oppressed are voting for the oppressors it is a hard cycle to break.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly so sorry. Like, fuck. It's so bad, and I hate it so much. Don't give up hope though, we all gotta fight until the end... We can't ever give up precisely because people will suffer and die. That's enough reason to keep on trying.

But, you're right. No Labour politician should ever have anything other than an undying hatred for the Tories. Nye Bevan was right. They are lower than vermin.

My only hope is now on an IndyRef2. I know it may not be easy but our country is progressive and seems to actually give half a damn about us disabled folk which is more than England seems to (as a whole, I know English people here care <3).

It's not hard to want people to be nice and care about others, It's nothing to do with being progressive, or being on the left or an SJW or whatever the right would call me. It's all about DECENT HUMAN DECENCY but instead, England has voted for the exact opposite, some PURELY because of Brexit.

It breaks my heart honestly.

You're absolutely right, and not enough people talk about this. There should be public outrage over what has been done to the most vulnerable disabled over the past 10 years, but nobody gives a fuck. It's disgusting.

It's not just because of brexit either because they were boring for this before brexit was a thing.

I've been angry at this throughout the election and at ALL parties. I feel we disabled people have been forgotten about throughout all of this. It hurts. But at least if anyone but the Tories had gotten in, I could have some faith that there might be some actual change that would benefit us. But now... nope.

You're not wrong but there's no consequences right now.

:(

Co sign

Also fucking foodbanks being normalised and becoming one of the fastest growing industries. Oh and the return of the scourge of homelessness.

I saw a speech by someone today (Labour person?) say they were told of complaints to the EC from people who saw on twitter that she was giving some people foodbank stamps. Yes, seriously. Like what the fuck.

This just hurts, deeply.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
So the SNP ended up with 46! I guess the estimate of 55 was pushing it then. Was there a lot of close results in those ones that were lost?

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I feel for English leftists and non Tories, your fellow countrymen are cunts dragging everything they can down into the gutter in every sense.

twofold

Oct 28, 2017

How about offering voters the choice of a different set of policies to vote for?

I refuse to vote Conservative and wasn't impressed by the Labour manifesto but the Lib Dem manifesto closely matched my opinions. It's great to have a voice that represents my interests (..just hope it's a more effective leader speaking for the party next time round).

Fuck two party politics like in the US.

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
My only hope is now on an IndyRef2. I know it may not be easy but our country is progressive and seems to actually give half a damn about us disabled folk which is more than England seems to (as a whole, I know English people here care <3).

It's not hard to want people to be nice and care about others, It's nothing to do with being progressive, or being on the left or an SJW or whatever the right would call me. It's all about DECENT HUMAN DECENCY but instead, England has voted for the exact opposite, some PURELY because of Brexit.

Mine too. Though, dare I say...

... I literally sighed in relief when you said that you're in Scotland. That's how afraid I am for the people of England who don't deserve this. You got a route out. It's gonna be hard but there's an easier to grasp light at the end of the tunnel. You can hope for the future my friend.

I'm just so sorry that I can't say that to anyone from England caught up in the madness...

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland

I've been angry at this throughout the election and at ALL parties. I feel we disabled people have been forgotten about throughout all of this. It hurts. But at least if anyone but the Tories had gotten in, I could have some faith that there might be some actual change that would benefit us. But now... nope.

I saw a speech by someone today (Labour person?) say they were told of complaints to the EC from people who saw on twitter that she was giving some people foodbank stamps. Yes, seriously. Like what the fuck.

This just hurts, deeply.
People are such fucking arseholes to the less fortunate.

Breaks my heart too.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, and Labour was gonna get rid of them and stop shite like DWP assessments discriminating against the disabled and resulting in farcial horror stories so freauently, so it's not worth noting, not even remotely, that's a stupid thing to preface your sentence with and you should feel bad for even mentioning it as if it's 2010 and not 2019.

It's worth noting in that those moderates are still in the party. It's worth noting because people always ask for Tony Blair back when Labour loses an election. It's happening in this thread now.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Dark days.

England is a lost cause, politically. Every single aspect of this debacle has been becaue of an English identity crisis because England has no identity of its own.

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
National coordinator of Momentum on BBC refusing to accept any responsibility for this disaster. 1000s of people are going to die because they wanted to have a circle jerk about a platform and leader that they knew was never going to return a majority.

Disgusting. Take responsibility, they did this, they knew what the results were going to be but ploughed ahead anyway. Time to admit they were wrong and stop causing more damage.

I'll be expecting Swinson's resignation as well and will not support a Lib Dem candidate that had anything to do with the coalition.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017

This just hurts, deeply.

I was actually going to mention that I do not think Corbyn was doing enough. I do believe he would have done alot if he got in. He wouldn't have allowed it, but I just never thought he talked about this particular issue that much. In general it needs to be talked about much more.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
How about offering voters the choice of a different set of policies to vote for?

I refuse to vote Conservative and wasn't impressed by the Labour manifesto but the Lib Dem manifesto closely matched my opinions. It's great to have a voice that represents my interests (..just hope it's a more effective leader speaking for the party next time round).

Fuck two party politics like in the US.

With FPTP, it IS mostly two party politics. Without electoral reform into a more PR like system, it will always be a two party system. That's just the way it is.

Mine too. Though, dare I say...

... I literally sighed in relief when you said that you're in Scotland. That's how afraid I am for the people of England who don't deserve this. You got a route out. It's gonna be hard but there's an easier to grasp light at the end of the tunnel. You can hope for the future my friend.

I'm just so sorry that I can't say that to anyone from England caught up in the madness...

People are such fucking arseholes to the less fortunate.

Breaks my heart too.

:((((

Bestlaidplans

Oct 28, 2017
I hope NI and Scotland can leave the union and hope that comes with peace (mainly the NI people - although obviously hurdles there)
Fuck the English and Welsh. You're horrible bastards who think you're upper class, when in a period of time you'll be declaring yourself bankrupt as your medical bills are through the roof from too many weatherspoon cooked breakfasts and the food banks have reached maximum capacity. The upper class will be laughing down on you. Tory assholes.

Carl2291

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jon Trickett is a very lucky man.

The fact that the Tories are within a thousand votes of Labour in THIS mining constituency is mindboggling.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Labour Party loses Rother Valley constituency, which it held for more than 100 years, to the Conservative Party

One of those elections.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Problem is the oppressors convinced the oppressed it was all Labour's fault for crashing the economy (amongst other things).

I just got done making this point in the Bernie thread, but it's applicable here, too. It's going to take a lot more time and a lot more hard losses to convince people to actually vote their best interests, and for the best interests of their fellow people precisely due to the unprecedented levels of anti-left propaganda that has been met with very little opposition in Europe and North America over the past ~100 years or so. There's no comparison for the scale and longstanding duration of this propaganda campaign.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
National coordinator of Momentum on BBC refusing to accept any responsibility for this disaster. 1000s of people are going to die because they wanted to have a circle jerk about a platform and leader that they knew was never going to return a majority.

Disgusting. Take responsibility, they did this, they knew what the results were going to be but ploughed ahead anyway. Time to admit they were wrong and stop causing more damage.

I'll be expecting Swinson's resignation as well and will not support a Lib Dem candidate that had anything to do with the coalition.
They DO need to accept their role, but they also need to understand what of their policies if any did appeal and build on that.

You're letting the Great British Public off the hook here. Thousands of people will die, and they made that decision based on a single issue that is likely to cause us further self harm.

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
It's worth noting in that those moderates are still in the party. It's worth noting because people always ask for Tony Blair back when Labour loses an election. It's happening in this thread now.

Ugh, fair point and I apologise, I thought you were giving a variation of "but Labour did this thing once" as an argument that I am so sick of seeing for the millionth time on the internet. You're right to point it out.

Labour didn't become a great party in the first place by compromise. It became a great party by utterly changing society for countless years when it first truly got into power. And I think the old ways are the best in that Labour should NEVER compromise when it comes to helping the poor and less fortunate. That's what it's there for. And I see people decrying it as hopeless naive idealism... When said idealism worked and worked wonderfully once upon a time, during FAR less favourable economic conditions than now. Labour can't forget where it came from. It was properly formed in the 1900s, true, so it might not be relevant, but idk, I see the working conditions of the 1900s becoming very fucking relevant in 2019 at this rate.

But, the party needs to connect again. It needs more newspapers, a media empire of its own, the biggest trade union push to all the new workers who've never even heard of trade unions before, a good track record, and an undying hatred of the Tories to tie it all together. Labour needs to be reborn. To go to the centre would be to repeat the same thing, to fall into another cycle of ignoring the systemic change that the UK so desperately needs. It can't be a part of that cycle again, it's a broken cycle. It needs to change it, like it did before, many many years ago.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hope NI and Scotland can leave the union and hope that comes with peace (mainly the NI people - although obviously hurdles there)
Fuck the English and Welsh. You're horrible bastards who think you're upper class, when in a period of time you'll be declaring yourself bankrupt as your medical bills are through the roof from too many weatherspoon cooked breakfasts and the food banks have reached maximum capacity. The upper class will be laughing down on you. Tory assholes.

Isn't Wales like the UK's Florida? I.e. tons of old English people go there to retire?

Do we have the data to suggest that Welsh people by and large voted Tory, or are generally hard right conservative voters?

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Wow I want to move to a country that isn't completely and utterly stupid.

Labour need a rebrand. Again loved Corbyn's politics but now it's time to play dirty, go center, and make deals with devils. So long as that devil isn't Putin.

MysteryM

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissive commentary in a sensitive thread.
Fuck the English and Welsh.

Goddamn it's a shit show in here. Some of you manbabies need to grow up a little.

I could not vote labour with Corbyn at the helm, the guy does not inspire confidence and was no Tony Blair. I think a lot of people felt that.

governments come and go but some of the comments in here are damn right hilarious. step away from the keyboards people.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Goddamn it's a shit show in here. Some of you manbabies need to grow up a little.

I could not vote labour with Corbyn at the helm, the guy does not inspire confidence and was no Tony Blair. I think a lot of people felt that.

governments come and go but some of the comments in here are damn right hilarious. step away from the keyboards people.
Who did you vote for?

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I was actually going to mention that I do not think Corbyn was doing enough. I do believe he would have done alot if he got in. He wouldn't have allowed it, but I just never thought he talked about this particular issue that much. In general it needs to be talked about much more.

ABSOLUTELY. I mean, as someone who voted SNP, I also think they need to talk about it more but I voted them knowing and feeling safe that they would do their damnedest to protect and help us. But Tories having a Majority down south... urgh.

We just got absolutely forgotten about during the debates, UC was mentioned like a few times, PIP didn't get a mention at all I think though Punitive Health Assessments did. ESA didn't really get much mentions either iirc.

If we get any mentions, it feels like obligatory quick mentions before moving onto other stuff.

(Sorry, I know other groups, particularly POC (and europeans with all this brexit shit going on) have it as bad or worse under the Tories but still

urgh, this sucks.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Wow I want to move to a country that isn't completely and utterly stupid.

Labour need a rebrand. Again loved Corbyn's politics but now it's time to play dirty, go center, and make deals with devils. So long as that devil isn't Putin.
Come to Scotland and help us build an escape route and a future we can look forward to instead of fear.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly I feel like selfishness is at the root of this. Labour come out with all these socially beneficial policies, and the thing is most people just don't care. They're out for number 1. It doesn't matter whether the tax increase is minimal, it doesn't matter if it'll help to create a more wholesome and inclusive place to live, people are out for Number 1. People might not be as odious as Johnson, but I feel like a LOT identify with his self-serving ways.

Basically never get stuck on a sinking ship with a Tory voter, your ass is going to drown.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017

Nah, as someone who has and will continue to suffer under a Tory gov, fuck the English that voted for the Tories.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Windrush, sick and disabled dying, poor unable to eat...

Blair is also a war criminal and started off the attacks on benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.