Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Fucking died up in East Yorkshire. No fans allowed in the office, so had to survive with just the windows open and copious amounts of water.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
I've hiked in Las Vegas in August, likewise in other desert locations and still find it more pleasant than our heat when it is like this. I bet most Americans one-upping in here haven't even experienced our heatwaves.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Taking the Piccadilly line in 37 degree weather certainly wasn't fun.

At least my flat and office both have good air conditioning (which was part of the issue, would've left earlier if I knew it was so hot outside), but the commute back was not enviable. Could be worse though, could be the central or Victoria line.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
Taking the Piccadilly line in 37 degree weather certainly wasn't fun.

At least my flat and office both have good air conditioning (which was part of the issue, would've left earlier if I knew it was so hot outside), but the commute back was not enviable. Could be worse thought, could be the central or Victoria line.

The tube really is death in any degree of heat.

For those uninitiated, it gets stupidly hot as a result of being a: not designed for hot weather and b: being the first underground system in the world and dug largely through clay which has become thermally saturated over the last century or so, so heat just builds up in the tunnels.

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Weather app said it was about 17 degrees before I walked out the house in my jacket.....fuck this app it was 31 😂

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
It's nowhere near as hot as it was in that heatwave around a month ago, that was horrendous. I walked 5mins to the offy to celebrate the premiership win and was drenched in sweat by the time I got back. Today was hot but bearable

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
Sleeping tonight is going to be a problem. Just had a shower just to try freshen up because of this damn heat.

FYI

Please remember US era, our homes are designed to keep heat in, we also have high humidity along with it which makes it unbearable.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
33 degrees is hot?

laughs in Australian
That was my first thought. Back in Perth 33 is like a mild summer day.

I remember back in school the English kids who moved to Australia would melt when they got their first real summer days.
33c ain't shit. Here in Houston it gets to 100F (38c) for about 3 months straight
33 is nothing.

Dennis from Nashville, TN
I'll trade you. Here in Phoenix it's 116 (46.66 celsius).

Link if embed fails: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h2-l68CTmY&feature=emb_title

Last edited:

GreySquirrel

Oct 27, 2017
Went for a jog after a home workout and almost died. Yearly reminder of those people doing marathons in the desert and stuff aren't messing about

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I just checked the forecast for later in the following week, multiple days of 30 degrees or more. ARRRRRGGGGHHHH

It's 10pm and I'm sweating like a pig. This should not be happening!

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ffs, climate change has just ruined summer for London.

Used to be you would have 3-5 days of hot weather and that was it and those of us who hate hot weather could rest easy but now, there has been a tonne of horribly hot periods.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ffs, climate change has just ruined summer for London.

Used to be you would have 3-5 days of hot weather and that was it and those of us who hate hot weather could rest easy but now, there has been a tonne of horribly hot periods.

london always seemed hot to me as a kid. I was from Edinburgh and it blew my mind how hot it was. The all time heat record for Edinburgh was 87 degrees.

cut to forty years later and I am barely concerned about cycling up a mountain at 95 degrees or stepping out of the car in Baker, CA into 122 degrees - feels like opening the oven door in your face.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So... I decided not to go in tomorrow because tube hot.

Buuuuuut I left sushi in one of my desk drawers because today was so busy I forgot to eat lunch.

We do have AC in the office... But... How rank will said area be on Monday morning if I left it.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Overcast day today up here in Liverpool, wasn't even that hot.

Last Friday was a betrayal, forecast said 28c and sun. Turned out to be overcast as fuck, atleast the Thursday last week ended up being sunny despite forecast saying otherwise.

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
Tried the technique of keeping the windows closed today (left open overnight, closed about 9am). It definitely feels a lot nicer inside than yesterday did, despite the temperature apparently being the same outside.

Do others in London find today more bearable, or is my technique paying off?

(I suspect it may just be less humid, as I went for a bike ride this morning and it felt pretty good).

Dec 2, 2017
Tried the technique of keeping the windows closed today (left open overnight, closed about 9am). It definitely feels a lot nicer inside than yesterday did, despite the temperature apparently being the same outside.

Do others in London find today more bearable, or is my technique paying off?

(I suspect it may just be less humid, as I went for a bike ride this morning and it felt pretty good).
London is a lot better today. Much less humid.

Oct 27, 2017
its evenings and trying to get any decent sleep thats killing me. summers are normally bad enough for e as all the extra light messes with my sleep cycles anyway - but the uncomfortable heat at night just doubles the effect

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile, on the continent (Netherlands) we still got four or five more days of this 35+ degrees celcius shit.

And we were having such a nice cold rainy summer too, up till this weekend.

I don't have AC and I'm dying out here.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously the forecast for next week is really pissing me off. Keeps changing from 30-35 by the hour in London. When I looked yesterday the temp was supposed to drop quite a bit on Wednesday but now thats not happening until Thursday

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously the forecast for next week is really pissing me off. Keeps changing from 30-35 by the hour in London. When I looked yesterday the temp was supposed to drop quite a bit on Wednesday but now thats not happening until Thursday

That keeps annoying me too. Keeps extending.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sitting (almost) naked on my couch here, all windows open now that the sun's gone down, but goddamn there's just zero wind, so it doesn't help one bit. Still a good few days of this shit and then we're all gonna drown in rain probably.

I'm also in the middle of my vacation and while I wasn't really planning on going anywhere, I sure as shit ain't moving my ass outside with this heat.

gerg

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I don't have it to be below 30 degrees until Thursday, but in Wednesday it's forecast to rain pretty much the whole afternoon where I live.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I swear it was meant to be just Saturday, then Saturday and Sunday, then Monday too and now this evening it's saying this is going on through Wednesday and maybe some of Thursday?! Will this sweat seeped hell never end?