• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
CMpEtA3.jpg

Event: UFC 249: "Ferguson vs. Gaethje"
Date: Sat., May 9, 2020
Location: VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida
Broadcast: ESPN+ pay-per-view (PPV), ESPN

UFC 249 PPV Main Card On ESPN+ (10 p.m. ET):

155 lbs.: Interim UFC Lightweight championship -- Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje
135 lbs.: Bantamweight champion Henry Cejudo vs. Dominick Cruz
265 lbs.: Francis Ngannou vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
145 lbs.: Jeremy Stephens vs. Calvin Kattar -- Jeremy Stephens missed weight and will give up 30% of his purse.
265 lbs.: Greg Hardy vs. Yorgan de Castro

UFC 249 Prelims on ESPN+/ESPN (8 p.m. ET):

155 lbs.: Donald Cerrone vs. Anthony Pettis
265 lbs.: Fabricio Werdum vs. Aleksei Oleinik
115 lbs.: Carla Esparza vs. Michelle Waterson
185 lbs.: Uriah Hall vs. Jacare Souza cancelled due to foreseen circumstances
170 lbs.: Vicente Luque vs. Niko Price

UFC 249 Early Prelims On ESPN+/Fight Pass (6:30 p.m. ET):

145 lbs: Bryce Mitchell vs. Charles Rosa
185 lbs.: Sam Alvey vs. Ryan Spann

One of the best cards UFC has EVER put on.

This is also an entire fight week, with a card on Wednesday, May 13th (headlined by Smith vs Teixeira), and a card on Saturday, May 16th (headlined by Overeem vs Harris) which we will probably be discussing in the MMA OT if you would like to join us.

Enjoy the fights!

fT9J911.png

Last edited:

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So excited!

I'm actually a little bit happy the main even changed, even though that goddamned cursed fight was years and years in the making. Can't really root for Tony or Khabib, but I love Gaethje to death. I doubt he will win, unless during this pandemic he figured out how to stop getting punched in the face, but I'm going to fucking go nuts if he wins.

I give Cejudo all the credit in the world (especially for shutting Dillashaw up), but I'll be rooting for Cruz. It'll be interesting to see what he has after three and a half friggin' years off.

Ngannou/Rozenstruik worries the hell out of me. I just don't want a boring fight.

Werdum will probably keep the fight standing and KO Oleinik, but I'm praying to the MMA Gods that that fight goes to the ground.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
So Ferguson is winning right? Got a promotional offer for a +500 bet on either fighter but went with Ferguson. Don't know anything about UFC, but saw he was a moderate favorite it seemed

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
So Ferguson is winning right? Got a promotional offer for a +500 bet on either fighter but went with Ferguson. Don't know anything about UFC, but saw he was a moderate favorite it seemed
Justin comes out of the gate wild. Once the first round is over and if he survives, Ferguson should take over.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Tony Ferguson is the type of dude to post in-depth baseball video game reviews on Reset Era.

easter

Nov 15, 2017
i keep looking at the clock hoping its time already. also that cancelled due to foreseen circumstances bit is pure gold. great work, op.

Oct 25, 2017
Tony is the greatest interim champion of all time.

I think both Dominick "His Striking is Full of Blood" Cruz and Cejudo are complete douches so I don't care who wins, just hope it's a bloodbath so they are humble afterwards.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Over/Under on fighters testing positive for Covid-19 *after* today? Let's say in the next week? I say 1.5 and I'm taking the over.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this happens. I think it's unlikely but Tony is very hittable. Good recovery but hittable.

So is Justin. This could be a helluva scrap. Tony has more of a tank though. Justin is resilient as hell but the damage starts to wear on him as the rounds go on and he definitely slows.

I could see this being like the Gaetje/Pourier fight

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Hopefully the main event is a bloodbath with Tony getting a late finish.

I can't really see Cruz beating Cejudo, he's been out for so long and Cejudo should have the power and wrestling advantage.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Got a Fight Pass sub to watch the prelims here in Germany. The PPV itself is included with my DAZN sub but for this card the prelims are too tempting, so decided to pay for both prelims.