NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Could be Ubisoft stepping in and saying if these games have issues with BC on PS5 we don't want be (listed as) available on the platform? Even still I'd rather make that decision myself.

So either Sony cocked up their 10 not playable list, or Ubisoft is making decisions for me.

There is definitely something to these claims. As I mentioned in the PT compatibility thread, the new https://library.playstation.com web site has an API which can query the BC compatibility of PS4 games.

If you put in some of these games they return a state of bootable rather than compatible:

Star Trek Bridge Crew
nUQy5EB.png

Assassins Creed Syndicate
AiNBsba.png

For comparison, Division 2 reports as compatible:
PSTV5BE.png

Looks like the decision might still be mine.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
There is definitely something to these claims. As I mentioned in the PT compatibility thread, the new https://library.playstation.com web site has an API which can query the BC compatibility of PS4 games.

If you put in some of these games they return a state of bootable rather than compatible:

Star Trek Bridge Crew
nUQy5EB.png

AiNBsba.png

PSTV5BE.png
this should be in the OP. Seems Sony will still be rolling out fixes over the next few months.

bing

Banned
Apr 27, 2020
nowhere, canada

Star Trek Bridge Crew
nUQy5EB.png

AiNBsba.png

PSTV5BE.png
Can you check Sleeping Dogs? Threadmark this OP or put it in your post.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Uh...that is really weird - Syndicate is not a small game in the pantheon of Assassin's Creed, and Bridge Crew is a fairly impressive VR showcase. Pretty surprised by this.

Also cross-progression between generations as a marketing bullet needs to GTFO. Give us proper cross-progression between consoles and PCs or zip it.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
If they don't work for some reason, it seems like this is on Ubisoft, would be weird that several of their games are not available through BC for some reason.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Star Trek Bridge Crew
nUQy5EB.png

AiNBsba.png

PSTV5BE.png
Interesting!

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if it's up to third parties to decide what game is or isn't BC, sony shouldn't have put a list of just 10 games and said everything else works. that's misleading.

mancan

Banned
Mar 29, 2018
It's all about definitions. Errors and bugs? Do any of you want to play a game that crashes every hour for example? Maybe the Sony testers put on Syndicate for 5 minutes saw it run and ticked it off. They wouldn't do the same level of testing Ubisoft would.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017

Star Trek Bridge Crew
nUQy5EB.png

AiNBsba.png

PSTV5BE.png

This is interesting, I wonder what the qualifiers are to qualify as Not Compatible, Bootable and Compatible

MiDoZ

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
These types of posts just show that some are unwilling to look at an issue before making some brazen announcement. Sony said ten games don't work. These games aren't on the list. The most likely confusion is on Ubisoft's end unless you think Sony outright lied. Which would be real stupid of them considering.
I know the full story. And I also know that no matter what xbox one game I tried on my XSX. The worst possible senario will be the game will perform as it was on my Xbox one x.
Can I say the same for PS5? Or do I have to search internet forums. Investigate. Read some random tweet. And be baffled by third parties saying actually our games might not work.
Clearly you see the deference of how both companies are handling this.

xenonium

Apr 3, 2020
Sounds like Sony is saying everything except the 10 can work, but may have issues and Ubisoft is saying they won't allow the issues (since it reflects on them and not Sony).

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Could be Ubisoft stepping in and saying if these games have issues with BC on PS5 we don't want be (listed as) available on the platform? Even still I'd rather make that decision myself.

So either Sony cocked up their 10 not playable list, or Ubisoft is making decisions for me.
If the game runs with catastrophic errors on PS5, I'd understand the publisher's unwillingness to have it listed as compatible with PS5 when it isn't: they'd just get bad reviews for something that isn't their fault.

Uzuzu

Nov 18, 2017
looks like sony considers it working if it can be launched but with errors (who knows how game-breaking the errors are, but if ubisoft says its not compatible they must be bad), and the 10 games they listed were the ones not able to be launched at all

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019

Star Trek Bridge Crew
nUQy5EB.png

AiNBsba.png

PSTV5BE.png

i would like try this out too. can you link us to your post in PT compatibility thread like you mentioned? thanks!

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I know the full story. And I also know that no matter what xbox one game I tried on my XSX. The worst possible senario will be the game will perform as it was on my Xbox one x.
Can I say the same for PS5? Or do I have to search internet forums. Investigate. Read some random tweet. And be baffled by third parties saying actually our games might not work.
Clearly you see the deference of how both companies are handling this.

I do see the deference you give Xbox, yes.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Those are all the PS Vita port games right?

Tomb Raider GO and I think Hitman GO also don't work.

Wonder if some technique to port Vita to PS4 games is causing BC issues?
The Chronicles games were ported to Vita, not the other way around.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
It's a good sign that specific titles have been identified, because that increases the chances for a later patch to address the compatibility. Only a few of these would even show up on my radar, but there's a couple of bigger ones mixed in.

And a crystal clear list of 10 shouldn't either.

If you're insisting the thread is a lie, then either report it, or don't hang around to badger the people talking about the news.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe they run, just not the way Ubisoft wanted them too, so they are prohibiting them? Wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft patches them in the future.

mancan

Banned
Mar 29, 2018

Star Trek Bridge Crew
nUQy5EB.png

AiNBsba.png

PSTV5BE.png

This is exactly it. Just because you can boot up a game doesn't make it actually playable

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
if it's up to third parties to decide what game is or isn't BC, sony shouldn't have put a list of just 10 games and said everything else works. that's misleading.
I don't think they decide at all but they want to tell their customers. It's on Sony to provide hardware that makes current gen games bc with PS5.

WishIwasAwolf

Banned
Oct 24, 2020
If Ubisoft is incorrect on this, then I am 100% sure they are in the process of being bought.

They are already incorrect anyway regarding Xbox One:
* on Xbox Series X|S, all our Xbox One games will be backward compatible.

They forget to mention that at least:
- Shape up
- Fighter Within
- Just Dance

As well as some others will not be backwards compatible.

xem

Oct 31, 2017

Star Trek Bridge Crew
nUQy5EB.png

AiNBsba.png

PSTV5BE.png
ya i was about to say this. thx

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Star Trek Bridge Crew
nUQy5EB.png

AiNBsba.png

PSTV5BE.png

Can you say how to do this? I would love to search some titles.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
It's a good sign that specific titles have been identified, because that increases the chances for a later patch to address the compatibility. Only a few of these would even show up on my radar, but there's a couple of bigger ones mixed in.

If you're insisting the thread is a lie, then either report it, or don't hang around to badger the people talking about the news.

If you don't want to see me you can simply ignore me. This type of condescension is unnecessary.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I just checked the PS Store. Syndicate isn't the only game that shows that Error message.

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition says the same thing

Sleeping Dogs™ Definitive Edition

The Definitive Edition of the critically acclaimed, award winning open-world action adventure, reworked, rebuilt and re-mastered for PlayStation®4. All 24 previously available DLC extensions have been integrated into the game, including the story-extending episode Year of the Snake and the...

"When playing on PS5, this game may exhibit errors or unexpected behaviour and some features available on PS4 may be absent. To play this game on PS5, your system may need to be updated to the latest system software. See PlayStation.com/bc for more details."

Are their any other games?

Edit: So does Return To Arkham

Batman: Return to Arkham

Previous special offer price valid from 11-10-2023 to 25-10-2023 was £5.24 €7.49 AU 10.49 BGN 14.98 CZK 197.85 DKK 55.35 HUF 2548 NZ 13.49 NOK 82.35 PLN 31.35 SEK 79.35 USD 6.74 ZAR 134.85 HRK 56.85 INR 449 TRY 53.85 ILS 29.85brbr Return to Arkham and experience two of the most...

"When playing on PS5, this game may exhibit errors or unexpected behaviour and some features available on PS4 may be absent. To play this game on PS5, your system may need to be updated to the latest system software. See PlayStation.com/bc for more details."

Star Ocean: Till The End of Time has it as well

Star Ocean® Till The End Of Time™

The defining title in the Star Ocean series, that reveals the greatest secret in the Star Ocean universe, is finally available for PlayStation®4brThanks to the latest in HD emulator technology, the content of the original game remains untouched in this HD conversion available exclusively via...

Also Zero Escape The Nonary Games and The Surge

Oct 25, 2017

Star Trek Bridge Crew
nUQy5EB.png

AiNBsba.png

PSTV5BE.png

That definitely seems like the issue. I mean no one expects anyone to play through all of these games to confirm they work in their entirety but hopefully games listed as "Bootable" don't just boot to the title screen and then break lol.

OP
OP
CrazyNomad

CrazyNomad

Banned
Jan 22, 2020

Star Trek Bridge Crew
nUQy5EB.png

AiNBsba.png

PSTV5BE.png
added to threadmark