GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/05/08/world/middleeast/trump-iran-nuclear-deal.html

I can't wait until this piece of human excrmenent is dead and buried. Everything he does harms humanity.

Mod Edit:

President Donald Trump has announced that the U.S. is withdrawing from the Iran nuclear deal, keeping a campaign promise, but ignoring the advice of America's allies.

The president said he is removing the U.S from the Iran nuclear deal known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action and will reimpose economic sanctions on Iran at "the highest level of economic sanction" and target "any nation that helps Iran in its quest for nuclear weapons" with sanctions, too.

Trump announced his decision at the White House after a last-ditch effort by European allies to urge Trump to stay in the agreement and build upon it. Trump instead argued the deal was so bad that it had to be discarded to move forward.

"It is clear to me that we cannot prevent an Iranian nuclear bomb under the decaying and rotten structure of the current agreement," Trump said. "The Iran deal is defective at its core. If we do nothing, we know exactly what will happen."

The nuclear deal was negotiated and agreed to by Iran and the P5+1 – the U.S., U.K., France, China, Russia, and Germany – in 2015, granting Iran sanctions relief and returning frozen assets in exchange for restrictions on its nuclear program and international inspections.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tru...g-iran-nuclear-deal-sources/story?id=55017606

Last edited by a moderator:

Luchashaq

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Other nations need to stand up for Iran unless they want ISIS 2.0 causing shit in their country in 10-15 years after we ruin their country.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking asshole. Still trying to figure out what pulling out of the deal actually accomplishes.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Reposting from another thread:

Oh ffs. Pulling out of the Iran Deal doesn't mean war. At least not between the US and Iran, that is incredibly unlikely for a ton of reasons we've gone over before. What it does mean though is the US further alienates our allies in the UK and EU, further destroys our international trust and credibility, and pushes Iran even more squarely into Russia's orbit. It's a total self own by the US for literally zero gain. So a Putin wet dream.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. My post was more of a frustrated/eyerolling/headshaking "God, why" though.

r66kl.gif

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
If a war does happen can Bolton be the first one deployed on the battlefield?

It's hilariously sad that as we're planning North Korea peace negotiations the administration is tearing up a successful deal that actually does it's job with Iran. If this is a sign of what's to come North Korea negotiations are going to end terribly.

Nassudan

Oct 27, 2017
All because Obama made an off handed joke about him during dinner. This man is truly pathetic, i hope he rots for the remainder of his sad excuse of his life in jail. I honestly hope his fraud family and his money laundering business "empire" (lol) all disappear from our collective memories.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
War with Iran, yes because what could possibly be stupider than getting involved again in Syria or invading North Korea?

Oh yes, invading the regions power player with no clear definable goal other than "nukes bad", and causing global instability and rampant societal collapse in a myriad of satellite nations that Iran aids.

How could this POSSIBLY go wrong?

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Rip up nuclear arms agreement with Iran.

Make nuclear arms agreement with NK.

Wut.

FrequentFlyer

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
not unexpected, but it really sucks

this is what happens when you allow the racists to take power unfortunately
What's it got to do with racism though? The US is perfectly fine with being close allies with Saudi-Arabia and Israel, who this action would greatly please. I'd call this an action mainly intended to appease war-mongers and/or the mentioned countries.

Operations

Oct 29, 2017
Is this a big deal? I was under the impression that Trump decertified the deal last year and Congress simply ignored him.

SFLUFAN

Oct 27, 2017
Alexandria, VA
Reposting from another thread:

Oh ffs. Pulling out of the Iran Deal doesn't mean war. At least not between the US and Iran, that is incredibly unlikely for a ton of reasons we've gone over before. What it does mean though is the US further alienates our allies in the UK and EU, further destroys our international trust and credibility, and pushes Iran even more squarely into Russia's orbit. It's a total self own by the US for literally zero gain. So a Putin wet dream.

The probability of military conflict between the US/Israel and Iran increases because Tehran really has no reason to not restart the nuclear program. This is exactly the opportunity the hardliners in Iran have been waiting for because the economic benefits that Rohani promised would come from the JCPOA have not materialized. Rohani and other relative moderates in the Iranian leadership can now be safely elbowed aside to make room for those who didn't want the JCPOA to begin with such as the IRGC.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Oh for fuck's sake. This is gonna fuck over everyone. First the Iranian people, and then the rest of the world as jihadists and fascists spur each other on. I hate Trump and his regime so much. Worthless fucking wastes of cum. All of them.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this Orange Motherfucker and all the fuckers who allowed this to happen, including the idiots who voted for him.

OP
OP
GaimeGuy

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this a big deal? I was under the impression that Trump decertified the deal last year and Congress simply ignored him.
What Obama and his international diplomacy team accomplished was to impose sanctions on Iran and countries which did business with Iran, and to get them all to the negotiating table to come to an agreement.

If Trump were to awkwardly withdraw the US from the deal and reimpose sanctions, it would put other countries, including most of our most powerful and trusted allies, in the position of having to choose between honoring their diplomatic agreements with Iran, which will have honored its end of the bargain, and facing sanctions from the US. I hope they choose to ally with Iran in that scenario, and unite against the United States as a common enemy and obstacle to peace.

What's more likely is that trump simply continues to forfeit US soft power by symbolically "withdrawing" from the deal, at no material consequence to Iran or the agreement outside of trade relations between Iran and America. At that point, Iran doesn't need America; It can continue to uphold its end of the bargain and strengthen diplomatic relations with the EU and China, and the world can move on without the US, or sanction the US accordingly.

Trump. What a failure of a statesman

Nokterian

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Euroland
This motherfucker is actively working against our interests, it's ridiculous.

Your interests? He doesn't care about anything he wants to wreck havoc and so far he is successful doing that in 1,5 year he is in power he and mostly his administration are destroying what not only Obama did but every president so far in the last 100 orso plus years.

Skinny Pete

Nov 2, 2017
Yea the really bad part is he has no plan going forward if he pulls out. This administration really is awful. We need to vote these fuckers out.

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
What's it got to do with racism though? The US is perfectly fine with being close allies with Saudi-Arabia and Israel, who this action would greatly please. I'd call this an action mainly intended to appease war-mongers and/or the mentioned countries.
this kind of warmongering is linked to the racist/chauvinist right of which trumpism is an example