• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
www.reuters.com

U.S. Supreme Court sets the stage for release of Trump tax returns

Donald Trump suffered a major setback on Monday in his long quest to conceal details of his finances as the U.S. Supreme Court paved the way for a New York City prosecutor to obtain the former president's tax returns and other records as part of an accelerating criminal...

The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday paved the way for a New York City prosecutor to obtain former President Donald Trump's tax returns and other financial records as part of a criminal investigation, a blow to his quest to conceal details of his finances.

The justices rebuffed Trump's request to put on hold an Oct. 7 lower court ruling directing the former Republican president's longtime accounting firm, Mazars USA, to comply with a subpoena to turn over the materials to a grand jury convened by Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance, a Democrat.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
giphy.gif

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Get fucked, this is just the start, because once New York starts to get rolling with their investigations Trump is going to be neck deep in shit.

Last edited:

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
( true story ) I just woke up from a dream in which I was was being aggressively stalked by a blue cat like beast. Welcome to my dream Mr Trump.

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
Nice day so far - Taxes must be turned over and Garland in line to be the new AG. Trump about to go through many things.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Get fucked, this is just the start, because once New York starts to get rolling with their investigations Trump is going to neck deep in shit.
Yup the dominos being to fall. Most of his legit lawyers have left(he has one or two left) but they won't last long nor can they cover the number of cases he'll be recieving. And he can't block with overwhelming counter suits anymore either

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Just in time for when no one but his most fervent supporters care about Trump anymore.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Republicans two weeks ago: YOU CANT IMPEACH, HES A PRIVATE CITIZEN!

Republicans today: YOU CANT INVESTIGATE HIM, HES A FORMER PRESIDENT!

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I'm expecting it to not end up being as juicy/exciting as most people assume, but nonetheless it's good that SCOTUS made this decision because I fully expected them to play ball considering who's on deck.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Just in time for when no one but his most fervent supporters care about Trump anymore.
It was definitely bullshit how long they delayed it but I don't think it's true only his die hards still care about Trump. People are only quiet right now because Trump is quiet. Once Trump gets loud again I fully expect the whole party and all his voters to get back on the Trump train.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting it to not end up being as juicy/exciting as most people assume, but nonetheless it's good that SCOTUS made this decision because I fully expected them to play ball considering who's on deck.
I think it will be boring for the layperson but it will probably be part of a bigger picture for forensic accountants and prosecutors

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean that's how they got Capone, Tax Evasion and Prohibition charges. And he was far smarter than Trump