• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017

Looks like HHS wants two weeks to build a fake tour and photos area before they let anyone in. Youd think given what has happened already, they would be ready for this.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
That is absolute bullshit. There should be no need for two week notice. Something like this is too fragile to not allow us to see exactly what is happening at any time.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
This should be the next bill. Detention facilities should have to accommodate any government or properly credentialed press member who wants to tour the facility immediately.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta order some beds and couches and get a set decorator in there first, and also ship out all the girls and young kids elsewhere so it's only teenage boys being seen.

Cochese

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Need to get the Justice system heavily involved with this with some court orders.

I know the ACLU is working on something, but it feels like things aren't going fast enough. These need to be shut down last week.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
There must be some truly vile shit going on if they are going to deny entry. The optics of this are terrible, so whatever is inside must be worse.

Oct 27, 2017
That's my Senator, putting in work.

Sounds like I need to visit some family in Miami this weekend and bring some signs

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Two weeks seems standard for these places. The other guys that tried to get in a week or two back were also told 2 weeks.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Denying entry to a U.S. Senator? That's rather concerning. No way is a two week wait in any way reasonable.

Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck does asking for a two weeks notice not confirm all the concerns ppl rightfully have over this mess, while also rendering any sort of a check-up pointless?

Oct 25, 2017
One of the consistencies I've noticed about reports from people who have gotten in to various facilities seems to be that the companies running and the staff at the facilities aren't exactly thrilled with the current situation or the rules they're being forced to operate under.

I wonder if the reason he was told he'd be welcome is because the company running it had no problem admitting the current situation, but HHS wants time to make sure the staff stays on message/doesn't express concern.The government has released some pretty damning images etc voluntarily already, so it's not like they've been investing effort into the summer camp image.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where are all those gun-toting, "the government is the enemy" asshole tough guys now, with (real) kids' lives in danger? They should be charging into that fucking building.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
1. Good for him for trying to do something here at a time when so many are doing nothing and are being complicit
2. If I were a Senator... I would probably force my way into the facility. What can they do? Arrest him? Harm him?

Oct 25, 2017
This is an hhs facility on Florida soil. I were Nelson I would basically hammer Scott over this as this has to operate according to state laws and licensing and Scott could have their has equivalent cause a dust-up.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
There has to be a way to get a court to immediately authorize entry. This is unfathomable.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
If they cant allow for spot checks when it comes to the welfare of children they are totally hiding how conditions really are. this is absolutely alarming as fuck.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You "2nd amendment people" can do something, right? I mean wasn't that one of the things Trump campaigned on? If you don't like the way things are going, you have the 2nd amendment to take matters into your own hands. This is literally the only thing the 2nd amendment is good for. To protect you against a totalitarian leadership. If you're not going to use it now, then just repeal it since it is meaningless.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't something like that be a violation of the child healthcare checks?...