• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
www.reuters.com

U.S. could authorize Pfizer COVID-19 shot for kids age 5-11 in October -sources

Top U.S. health officials believe that Pfizer Inc's COVID-19 vaccine could be authorized for children aged 5-11 years old by the end of October, two sources familiar with the situation said on Friday.

Sept 10 (Reuters) - Top U.S. health officials believe that Pfizer Inc's (PFE.N) COVID-19 vaccine could be authorized for children aged 5-11 years old by the end of October, two sources familiar with the situation said on Friday.

The timeline is based on the expectation that Pfizer, which developed the shot with Germany's BioNTech (22UAy.DE), will have enough data from clinical trials to seek emergency use authorization (EUA) for that age group from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) towards the end of this month, the sources said

Good, this can't come soon enough. Kids under 12 are the last group that needs to be protected.

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't the FDA need at least six weeks of review of this data? Haven't they been upset at the cdc and other branches for speaking for them? I hope Fauci doesn't have to backtrack on this, people are counting on every accelerated timeframe possible.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly can't wait.

But this is pretty much the same timeline we've known for months (since the summer expansion of the trial for the heart issue thing). Pfizer planning submittal to FDA sometime in Sept. Then it is all going to come down to if FDA decides to approve for emergency use in kids (Oct approval) or full approval (late 2021 or into 2022). Really hoping for the former but we'll see.

Regardless it is good to know Pfizer seems still on track for a September submission

Last edited:

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
I expect there to be a mad scramble once it does get authorized. Although I suppose determining where allocations should go will be really easy.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Good, the sooner the better considering it's school time and some states are about to startup the school year.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This would really help my family. We're two weeks into the (in-person) school year and desperately hoping that my 10yo's class doesn't have a massive COVID outbreak. Having her vaccinated would bring me tremendous peace of mind.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic news. About fucking time. I wished it included my child that's turning 4 in September, but those kids already in K-12 schools need it first.

The_jMag

Nov 1, 2017
Crossing my fingers it becomes mandatory at our school district. My ex-wife/kids mother refuses to get herself vaccinated even after catching it (brainwashed by her 50+ republican white man sugardaddy), but I'm gonna make sure my kids get vaxxed as soon as they can.

Gashprex

Oct 25, 2017
As a parent whose 4 year old caught COVID at school and then passed it to my 6 year old, the last 2 weeks have been really shitty despite having mild cases.

I don't wish that on anyone

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
This is the #1 reason my family has been avoiding going anywhere.

Kids need that vaccine ASAP, and until one is available for our younger kids, we'll be nervous being around anyone.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
All the Karens and Chuds are going to go into hyper batshit mode now. Facebook forwards eventually start coming up with even more dangerous conspiracy theories about Bill Gates chipping your children.

ZW33

Oct 25, 2017
Great news, hopefully under 5 is approved soon after.

My daughter will be 4 in December, and I'd really love for her to finally be protected. These last 18 months have been rough…

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to get my six year old vaccinated. Might be seven by the time he can get vaccinated though

Red

Oct 26, 2017
A relief for me and my family, but I feel for anyone with younger kids.

Oct 25, 2017
Great. My six year old already caught covid at school and my ten year old had another covid in the classroom email today, only a matter of time there. That will leave the infant as the only unvaxed person in the family.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
And here we are with Moderna still not FDA approved anyone. What's going on there? From all accounts and data, the Moderna vaccine seems to be the better vaccine vs the delta variant.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Oh hell yes! The more people that can be protected from this pandemic, the better.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
Queue this Halloweens version of the neverending urban legend...

They're hiding the vaccine in your childrens Halloween candy!

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Well, guess I know what my son is getting for his birthday when he turns five at the end of November.
"Surprise! You get a shot!" lol, gonna have to spoil him with toys to make up for that.
This is some great news though. I stressed to my vaccinated twelve year old that even though almost no one else in her classes is wearing masks, that she needs to continue to do the right thing and wear hers throughout the day since her brother cannot get vaccinated yet, and she definitely understands why it's necessary.