• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Risk of Rain 2 launched in Early Access 2 days ago and from what we can see it was huge success. Game is still top seller on Steam

ZiLVheK.png

Game has over 5000 Steam Reviews with almost 5K positive ones. It has 97% positive reviews from those that are counted (copies bought on Steam).

Out of those 5K reviews around 25% comes from copies sold outside of Steam (currently that is only Humble Bundle Store). Also around 25% of those reviews are from non English language.

On top of that game reached over 57K concurrent players today

9ugpkXn.png

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The instant success of this game has been amazing to see. I think it's the biggest indie release of this year.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I am really close to pulling the trigger, only don't know if this really would be for me. Gameplay seems so slow and repetitive on any stream I watch, but perhaps it's one of those games you have to play yourself to understand the appeal.

Deleted member 2840

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am really close to pulling the trigger, only don't know if this really would be for me. Gameplay seems so slow and repetitive on any stream I watch, but perhaps it's one of those games you have to play yourself to understand the appeal.
Well you have less than... 2 hours if you want to take part in the Buy One Get One Free deal that's been going on.

Oct 25, 2017
Almost bought it to play co-op with a friend but then realized I was only really considering it because of the BOGO sale.

Oct 27, 2017
What's this game like?

you fight enemies, collecting money and unlocking passive upgrades while you progressively level up an get stronger, while the game progressively gets harder as time passes (easy, medium, hard, impossible, etc). your goal is to find the exit in the level and spawn the boss of the level. once you beat the boss you can leave to the next level and rinse repeat.

the fun of the game is the interesting combination of passives you'll accumulate. its a lot like Binding of Isaac in game design. The levels aren't randomly generated as well but the location of the exit is.

Oct 28, 2017
What's this game like?

3D roguelike, third person shooting, multiple characters with different playstyles, loads of enemies and bosses and ever increasing levels of absolute mayhem. Level progress is explore level to find teleporter, activate teleporter, kill boss while it charges, go through portal to next level and repeat. You have the choice of killing enemies that continually spawn to get stronger, but the difficulty level is constantly rising, so you need to make the choice to progress through the levels or grind up a bit in the current one to get stronger, but not stick around too long or the difficulty will go ballistic on you.

Its really goddamn fun if you're good with it being pretty punishing.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
So I played this game with a friend for 35 minutes, non-stop. No idea what the first game was like and jumped right into it cuz of the trailer and soundtrack. It's really fun, I'm not sure I understand everything but essentially enemies keep respawning and the difficulty goes up with time, and you have to find the teleporter. When you do, a boss shows up that you gotta kill while the teleporter gets ready. The gameplay is really good, and you keep activating turrets, drones and what not on the planet. Really enjoying my time so far, but will see how long I actually play it.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I am on checkout on my purchase, but see This game is not giftable in your territory on the page. German resident here, can I not gift the free copy?
Edit: Cannot gift it to people outside of my own region. Well, that is a no from me then.

Last edited:

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
But I thought Steam was too crowded to find success?

Real talk: Super happy to hear this, they deserve it. And that soundtrack.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I am on checkout on my purchase, but see This game is not giftable in your territory on the page. German resident here, can I not gift the free copy?
Edit: Cannot gift it to people outside of my own region. Well, that is a no from me then.
Your region is Europe, not only Germany (just in case you think that way).

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, I missed that this was a thing, *and* that it's 3D now. Looks great, glad it's doing so well :D

Surface

Nov 6, 2017
Cool they are using the monsters from first game but now in 3D

Playing the first game on the vita is one of my most memorable experiences. I wished the sequel was another 2d game but I guess this will allow for a bigger audience

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
It does look good and I'm happy to see it having success. And you know what... I'll go buy it right now actually. Cheers!

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Excellent games (with a possible big Audience) have no problems rising to the top on Steam.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Page still lists Buy One Get One, but the deal is indeed over. Bought it 20 minutes too late. To be fair, they have the expiration time clearly listed.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
But indie games can't be successful on Steam because it's not curated well enough and Valve doesn't do enough to advertise them.

They've gotta be released on EGS to get big sales.

Is that supposed to say that it definitely deserves it?
Yes my bad, on mobile. Game is amazing and DOES deserve the success

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Bought it on a flier because some of my friends are playing it

whew lad I would not play it solo but this game has real co-op juice to it, they took a big risk with the B1G1 and surprise launch and it worked bigtime

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've only played an hour so far and the game looks so much better in motion, love the visual style.

This and Slay the Spire... I might never need another videogame ever again.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Mods should probably change thread title, game reached 70K concurrent users yesterday

DNpSSaL.png

Lupic

Dec 31, 2017
United Kingdom
Yep. Picked it up yesterday (just so happened to be a few hours before the bogof deal finished) as my friends on Discord had been playing it for a few days, and I loved the first one.

The game in its current state is great value at the price point they're currently asking for and the buy one get one free is the cherry on the top.
There's a few bugs (most notably the $35 fans not working) but it's nothing game-breaking. Solid for the first EA release; can't wait to see what they do next.