• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018

Short read, but the stuff in the U4 MP is something I hadn't noticed. Would be interesting to see how an Uncharted 4 level would need to be modified to get it running at 60.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I mean, of course devs that want higher graphics quality go for 30 fps. It's not deep.

Thread has some interesting technical details, but that'd be more interesting to see why they don't push for a 60fps mode to be available as well.

edit:
Those two tweets show well they have no intention of pushing for 60fps:

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How hard is it to make it a toggle? Genuinely asking.

Pretty 30fps vs less effects 60fps?

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I mean, of course devs that want higher graphics quality go for 30 fps. It's not deep.

Thread has some interesting technical details, but that'd be more interesting to see why they don't push for a 60fps mode to be available as well.
He said that is not simple to even give an optional mode, It requires a lot of work and time to do so, he said this in one of the replies, I am on the phone so it's hard to link It.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Personally I hope they crank fidelity and rendering way up and keep the 30fps on PS5.

The only time 30fps really bothers me is if I go from playing the same game on my PC to the console version– other than that I never really notice that 30fps is a problem (especially if it's a beautiful game at a super stable 30).

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
How hard is it to make it a toggle? Genuinely asking.

Pretty 30fps vs less effects 60fps?

It's super easy, they just have to push the 60 fps button. No other work needed. The button is on the other side of the room though so it's hard to reach unless you have a yard stick or broom.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
He said that is not simple to even give an optional mode, It requires a lot of work and time to do so, he said this in one of the replies, I am on the phone so it's hard to link It.
Yeah, I've seen the reply. Of course it's not easy, but like the rest, it's a choice to make.

Given this other reply, I really don't think he really likes the idea of 60fps regardless:

And I kinda disagree with that argument too (not the technical one).

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
At the end of the day, I'm playing a game, not just looking at it. I prefer games feeling more responsive than looking pretty.

Edit: Lmao at the tweet above. Graphics settings, what are they?

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Pretty much everything he said sounds like common sense to me. We should let devs make the games they want to make, I really don't think Sony goes to ND and says make your next game 30 fps or 60.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Can't blame some devs for making those decisions, but it'd be nice if more games let people choose on console like they do on PC. Even if it's something as simple as a premade 60fps mode.

Savinowned

Oct 25, 2017
Nashville, TN
Hilarious reply, but also insightful tweet thread. I'm personally really glad that they choose 30fps for their singe player games, though I find it hard to argue for it in first person games (unless you can do magic like Bungie does)

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
nah man, give us a choice to have 60fps, it doesnt have to be the default choice but give it to me

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
None of that is really surprising, but I'll always want minimum 60fps. If I don't get the choice on console then I look elsewhere, even if it costs me more on the hardware end.

Status
Not open for further replies.