• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
It's part of a broader issue where Hasan is a "leading leftist" but repeatedly fails to do an adequate job. He got bowled over by Christian Walker on Trans issues recently. What should the standard be for one of twitch's most popular streamers? He never engages with anyone else. He's never really building up his belief system. His politics are more populistic than the product of actually thinking through his ideas thoroughly.
Standards? he doesn't really have a boss so who would anoint him with standards? He often does engage with others, usually around the GE, though.

Personally, I think it goes back to where every leftist has to be 100% in tune and absolutely spot on with literally every leftist talking point or they get shit on.

Goskarrr

Oct 27, 2017
He never justified it, he is saying it was a different situation than what was happening at the beginning of this and tried to explain Russia's viewpoint of that.
Russia's viewpoint when it came to Crimea is just as unjustifiable as theirs about Ukraine with Russian sending tanks and troops to occupy it while the country was "independently" voting for Russian annexation. Differentiating between the two is dismissive of Russia's invasion of Crimea as well.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I think it goes back to where every leftist has to be 100% in tune and absolutely spot on with literally every leftist talking point or they get shit on.
Nah, they just need to backup what they say and own up to their mistakes like anyone else, but most are not willing to swallow their pride and would rather double down on their original beliefs.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
These kinds of moves are always appreciated, but I still find him pretty mediocre as a person to say the least.

Apart from his recent abhorrent comments, one thing that bothers me a lot about him is how he brags about the women he has dated whenever he can.

I've been watching Hasan for over a year and I've seen him be nothing but self deprecating about his sex life. it's not very convincing considering he is a handsome rich celebrity but that doesn't change the fact that your accusation comes off as gaslighting. the only reasonable explanation I can imagine is that you haven't watched him in a very long time?

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck this piece of shit. He is a dumbfuck and his fanbase that worships the ground that he walks on is even worse.

His apologies aren't genuine and he couldn't give a single fuck about anyone in Ukraine.

Hasan is a scumbag. End of story.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Fuck this piece of shit. He is a dumbfuck and his fanbase that worships the ground that he walks on is even worse.

His apologies aren't genuine and he couldn't give a single fuck about anyone in Ukraine.

LOL. what did this man do to you? Seriously...we need to know.

I'm probably going to peace out of this thread either way, but I feel like he has done a ton to help the progressive movement in the US than to hurt it. He certainly hops into certain areas without all the info, but it never has seemed nefarious or intentionally misleading.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
I've been watching Hasan for over a year and I've seen him be nothing but self deprecating about his sex life. it's not very convincing considering he is a handsome rich celebrity but that doesn't change the fact that your accusation comes off as gaslighting. the only reasonable explanation I can imagine is that you haven't watched him in a very long time?

They doubled down by saying that they've seen a clip of him talking about a woman he dated and that they are sure that they've seen other clips as well

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
I can see Trump supporters hating him since he routinely makes fun of Trump and his supporters.

That said he always comments that he feels bad for Trump supporters and how they're being taken advantage of by Trump.

Oct 31, 2017

Couldn't give a shit about anyone in Ukraine but goes on to raise 150k+ in donations to support the country, informs viewers every day about the situation, and keeps them up to date on the news but sure.

NHarmonic.

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's part of a broader issue where Hasan is a "leading leftist" but repeatedly fails to do an adequate job. He got bowled over by Christian Walker on Trans issues recently. What should the standard be for one of twitch's most popular streamers? He never engages with anyone else. He's never really building up his belief system. His politics are more populistic than the product of actually thinking through his ideas thoroughly.

Lmao Christian Walker was embarrassing in that stream, really the dude is just a petty conservative millionaire brat that talks stupid shit. I cringed so hard at the dumb stuff he said, and the fact he is gay and republican makes him an even bigger idiot. I don't see a dimension where that dude owns Hassan in a topic.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Russia's viewpoint when it came to Crimea is just as unjustifiable as theirs about Ukraine with Russian sending tanks and troops to occupy it while the country was "independently" voting for Russian annexation. Differentiating between the two is dismissive of Russia's invasion of Crimea as well.

You just posted exactly what the person you quoted did in different words. He didn't justify it, he talked through Russia's viewpoint -- prephasing it by saying that they're shit.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't give a shit about anyone in Ukraine but goes on to raise 150k+ in donations to support the country, informs viewers every day about the situation, and keeps them up to date on the news but sure
What an accomplishment. LMAO

I would prefer if he didn't inform his audience of the situation because he has no idea what he is talking about and his base is ready to eat up whatever shit comes out of his ass. I would see more fact bassed information coming from Russia Today than I would out from Hasan's mouth.

Bro, the ONLY reason he did this was that he got enough pushback from his fanboys, which typically excuse any dumb take of his. He would have never done it otherwise, If he was really sorry he would have just donated the money like a decent human being instead of making theater out of it. It is another convenient out for him though.

And If I'm supposed to be impressed that a multi-millionaire donated 150k from the pocket of his fans... then you live in a completely separate reality than me.

Fuck him.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
Good for Hasan supporting the people of Ukraine. They are really getting hurt right now.

Oct 31, 2017
What an accomplishment. LMAO

I would prefer if he didn't inform his audience of the situation because he has no idea what he is talking about and his base is ready to eat up whatever shit comes out of his ass. I would see more fact bassed information coming from Russia Today than I would out from Hasan's mouth.

Bro, the ONLY reason he did this was that he got enough pushback from his fanboys, which typically excuse any dumb take of his. He would have never done it otherwise, If he was really sorry he would have just donated the money like a decent human being instead of making theater out of it. It is another convenient out for him though.

And If I'm supposed to be impressed that a multi-millionaire donated 150k from the pocket of his fans... then you live in a completely separate reality than me.

Fuck him.

No one said you're supposed to be impressed and the fact that you typed out this absolute gem of a shit take "I would see more fact bassed information coming from Russia Today than I would out from Hasan's mouth" tells me everything I need to know about you lmao

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No one said you're supposed to be impressed and the fact that you typed out this absolute gem of a shit take "I would see more fact bassed information coming from Russia Today than I would out from Hasan's mouth" tells me everything I need to know about you lmao

Sure, whatever you say, buddy. Keep giving Hasan more of your dough, I'm sure he needs it and knows that you exist and are out here on the battlefield making excuses for everything he does.

Pathetic

Edward

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Loved his Demons Souls stuff and have been really enjoying the Elden Ring stuff. Great coverage of the Ukraine stuff.

I guess making mistakes and being flawed makes you a piece of shit to some.

Joker Code

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
Good on Azan. He also said today that he is also going to team up with doctors with out borders to rise more money as well.

StarsAreStuff

Feb 16, 2021
I bet if I sat each of the people shittin on Hasan in front of a camera for 8 hours a day and let them talk I could pull easy clips of them too. Big bet.

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
Leftism will eat itself alive if "here's their viewpoint and here's exactly why it's wrong" just permanently becomes 30 second clips of "here's their viewpoint".

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The same agencies that ring the alarm bells about dumb shit like Havana syndrome and weapons of mass destruction??? Are we really rewriting history already that everything that comes from intelligence is accurate and shouldn't be analyzed critically?
The UK literally spelled out Russias invasion plan in order to deter them but okay, sure no one saw this invasion coming. "It's just fear mongering" doesn't read as a critical analysis to me

I know for a fact that he apologized for getting it wrong about Russia invading Ukraine, I watched him do it live. I ALSO haven't seen him say anything that is "pro Russia". Funny how you skip over the part where you're hating on someone for donating money to a country in need though.
In the very same video where he said he got it wrong he went on to say that Russia planning to attack Kyiv is just new fear mongering. How is that not again in Russia's favor?

And it's great that he's donating money, but doesn't change that he's shown himself to be a real clown

Aug 27, 2018
The UK literally spelled out Russias invasion plan in order to deter them but okay, sure no one saw this invasion coming. "It's just fear mongering" doesn't read as a critical analysis to me

In the very same video where he said he got it wrong he went on to say that Russia attacking Kyiv is just new fear mongering. How is that not again in Russia's favor?

And it's great that he's donating money, but doesn't change that he's shown himself to be a real clown
I get it dude, you've watched many out of context clips and dislike the guy and are somehow mad he donated to a country that just got invaded. I'm gonna be honest, I'm done interacting with you. You dislike the guy, I get it. Go watch more out of context clips and use them as a talking point somewhere else.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I get it dude, you've watched many out of context clips and dislike the guy and are somehow mad he donated to a country that just got invaded. I'm gonna be honest, I'm done interacting with you. You dislike the guy, I get it. Go watch more out of context clips and use them as a talking point somewhere else.
Yes I watched the out of context video from his own channel...

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all need to relax.

He was skeptical of Western intelligence and intentions, dug in a little further than was justified, his conclusions were proven wrong, he apologized, and now he's doing nice things like raising money for Ukraine.

Yeah, he's said some very moronic things along the way. It's whatever. I don't expect Twitch streamers to maintain the most reasoned discourse all the time, but I do expect them to be responsive to evolving situations. He's done that, even if I still don't entirely agree with where he's landed.

Earthstrike

Oct 28, 2017
Lmao Christian Walker was embarrassing in that stream, really the dude is just a petty conservative millionaire brat that talks stupid shit. I cringed so hard at the dumb stuff he said, and the fact he is gay and republican makes him an even bigger idiot. I don't see a dimension where that dude owns Hassan in a topic.

I'm talking from actually watching it. I agree with everything you said regarding Christian Walker, which is what makes Hasan's poor performance all the more pathetic.

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
used to think those comments he gets can't be real or their just a bunch of trolls because they cant be that crazy..this thread has changed my mind a bit

Earthstrike

Oct 28, 2017
Standards? he doesn't really have a boss so who would anoint him with standards? He often does engage with others, usually around the GE, though.

I get what you're saying. Insofar as my comments go, the standard is supposed to be a product of the people, a.k.a leftist viewership. I also agree that the phenomenon you describe regarding agreement about leftist talking points, is harmful to the left, overall.

Aug 27, 2018
It's very weird. I understand people that will have criticisms about this or that, that's cool. You say "That was dumb" and move on.

Internet people hold a personal grudge about tiny things forever though.
For sure, especially for streamers. If I was being recorded 12 hours online every day I would absolutely say some dumb shit occasionally, everyone would.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Glad he made the donations, but the guy can still go fuck himself after all of the horrible shit he said leading up to this mess.

Goskarrr

Oct 27, 2017
You just posted exactly what the person you quoted did in different words. He didn't justify it, he talked through Russia's viewpoint -- prephasing it by saying that they're shit.
But there's a Russian viewpoint for the Ukrain invasion as well, how is that any different from Crimea? Why differentiate then?

For the quote part I'm on mobile, answering is not feasible.

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm talking from actually watching it. I agree with everything you said regarding Christian Walker, which is what makes Hasan's poor performance all the more pathetic.

I remember this stream VERY differently from you.

Walker was steamrolled and was in general embarrassing to watch. Would literally be shown things of why his viewpoints were problematic and got blasted by most people. Hasan and his friend came across sympathetic and calm, trying to explain points in clear and concise ways, and Christian came across as a spoiled, entitled child.

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
This isn't an apology, it's a temper tantrum from a grown child. This was supposed to paint him in a better light?

And why does he say "President Brandon" so freely? This is your king?

"President Brandon" is an inside joke in his community meant to mock far-right Trump supporters. He is in no way a right-leaning supporter.