• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019
A lotta love gonna get put into this

tenor.gif

Sep 7, 2020
I am looking forward to this. If Microsoft could make a new KI and Capcom could make a new Vs title, then my entire console generation would be set on the fighting game side.

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

I'm honestly surprised how fast this is all coming together! Granted I suppose the Assist Me stuff probably took awhile for the MvC3 tournament, not to mention probably testing and making how they will handle using Parsec. Without those two I imagine getting everything together was much smoother.

...Although, might we see some Assist Me-like stuff? :D

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019
I'm honestly surprised how fast this is all coming together! Granted I suppose the Assist Me stuff probably took awhile for the MvC3 tournament, not to mention probably testing and making how they will handle using Parsec. Without those two I imagine getting everything together was much smoother.

...Although, might we see some Assist Me-like stuff? :D

It's been in the works for about a month now, and KI was the next planned event since the UMVC3 Lives Tournament. I'll be going into greater detail about everything tonight on stream!

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it does well enough for MS to at least patch it so Steam and Xbox Live users can send invites to play together like you can in the MCC instead of having to find each others in matchmaking.

msboo001

Oct 25, 2017
God I miss the FGC, both watching and playing in person, this tourny is going to be hype as hell

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Great trailer and throwback to the announcement trailer. Looking forward to it!

Surprised this hasn't been added to the thread yet.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hell yes. Im glad someone is clamoring for KI. Its seriously one of the best fighters ever and it deserves to be a mainstay on EVO alongside SF, Tekken and Smash. Would love a sequel.

Deleted member 56457

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
The MvC3 tourny was amazing. I really like how they added history and lore in between sets for the newcomers.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I'm shit at these games but I'm so down to watch this especially after how well the MvC tourney was and I don't even care much for that game. Gotta watch this one.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This is awesome. Also Max is crazy I don't know how he fits everything that he does into his schedule.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'll definitely tune in! I loved KI 2013 and I really hope we get a sequel at some point

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
I mean at this point MS just HAS to know there will be fucking riots if they don't greenlight a new KI. (FWIW I think they will at some point this gen if they haven't secretly already)
Problem is who makes it. I feel like double helix and iron galaxy are owned now so who do you contract the job to?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Will watch. KI is still one of the most interesting and exciting fighting games to watch.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
UltraDavid being in the tournament is fucking amazing and out of the blue, don't follow the KI that close but that's got me hype

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I bought my first fight stick for this game, man. Killer Instinct will forever be an all-timer. Can't wait for this.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Problem is who makes it. I feel like double helix and iron galaxy are owned now so who do you contract the job to?
Might be a long shot but I think MS should just open their wallet and do what it takes to acquire the Double Helix devs back from Amazon Games. Those guys were crushed when they were pulled from KI and Amazon is clearly a black hole where their talents are being completely wasted. Lord knows MS has the money.

Xbox still has Ken Lobb to direct the project and James Goddard who was heavily involved in KI 2013's combat design (maybe Keits from IG would be interested to join). Have Rare work on presentation stuff like the UI, menus and HUD (KI 2013's were awful), and for audio Mick Gordon is practically begging to return for the soundtrack, that's my ideal scenario. With the kind of money MS is spending all around XGS I don't think building a KI team is too much to ask.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Wow that's a solid list. Some obvious players missing like Rico, Amenty, MyGod, Thompson, Pink Diamond, Storm. A nice variety of characters too.

Aphex: Rash
Bass: Spinal/Eagle/Cinder and many more
Carnitas: Glacius
CharbokFGC: Hisako/Gargos
Chereez: Sadira???
Crazy Skate Nate: Jago/Shadow Jago/Omen
DaaChronicle: Aria/Shadow Jago
DevilMayCare: TJ Combo
Element921: Hisako
Fiyah Liger: Riptor
Freeky Jason: Kanra
Frost Wolf: Sabrewulf??
GutterMagic: Thunder
Hi Im Keith: Riptor
Hologram: Thunder
Kalypso: Sadira
Letalis Venator: RAAM/Aganos/Omen/Tusk
Nicky: Fulgore/Mira
Quake Viking: ???
Raven is Raw: Spinal
Samuel D: Sadira
Sleep: Aria
SonicDolphin117: Arbiter/Kim Wu
Swordsman09: ???
ThrashHeavy: Eagle
Tuboware: Rash/Arbiter
UltraDavid: Tusk?
ValorAxe: Cinder/RAAM
VenomBuster: Kanra
Waterhorses: Glacius
Venenofgc: Jago
Wheels: Gargos/Eagle/Sabrewulf

Last edited:

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Get Hyped!!

To celebrate the game 25th anniversary i compiled some crazy KI moments:

DOMI's Cinder juggle: that juggle blew the crowd away. Too bad we never saw DOMI again

Sleep (kanra) comeback against MyGod (Sabrewulf): an impossible comeback but Sleep did it

Sleep vs Thompxson: probably the highest level KI play I have seen and they were taunting each other.

Amenty keeping Sleep away with Eagle: Pretty late into the game's life but some great Eagle match

RicoSuave (Shadow Jago) vs Sleep (Aria): 2 of the best KI players

Rico (Omen) vs Rebello (Combo): TJ Combo is my least favorite character in the game but Rebello is so good with him

Storm (Hisako) vs Nicky (Mira): Mira was one hell of a character to play with and Nicky nails it

Pink Diamond(Maya) vs CupCake (Sabrewulf): Pink diamond got me so hyped with Maya

Edit: adding some more

Storm (Hisako) vs Gemako (Shin Hisako): Even the alternate characters are viable. This game is amazing

Domi playing Killgore: It's interresting to see japanese players give Ki some love. This game was supposed to have an arcade release there

Wheels (Sabrewulf) at combo breaker 2017: Pretty hype moment where Wheels was able to comeback from an impossible situation

Waterhorse (Glacius) vs Element (Hisako): very tight match

Extreme Zomb1e (Sabrewulf) vs Illusion (Cinder): Sabrewulf going crazy on 1 pixel

Chaidez (Glacius) vs DOMI (Killgore): More of DOMI's Killgore with some crazy setups

Letalis (Aganos) vs Raven is Raw (Spinal): Aganos jailing Spinal

Lord Kalypso (Sadira) vs DAA Chronicle(Shadow Jago): Sadira being disgusting

Lord Kalypso (Sadira) vs SonicDolphin (Kim Wu): heart pounding close match

Banelings (Aganos) vs Tyzo (Cinder) : Never count Aganos out

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
no grimmmz? i've been waiting to see his new userbase confused if he ever entered one of these things ever again :P

at least the sickest glacius is there... waterhorses

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
This gon be gud

I bought my first fight stick for this game, man. Killer Instinct will forever be an all-timer. Can't wait for this.

Yo same, it's the now rare Killer Instinct one with light up buttons. Shame I'm used to pad more it's just a collector item now.