• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I humbly submit that it's replaced with the POGs mascot from the 90s game.

pogman1.gif

Twitch kids won't get it but we 90s kids will get it

Codeblue

Oct 25, 2017
Gooteks really went off the deep end. Not sure when it happened, but I figured this was only a matter of time when he was throwing out Covid conspiracy theories.

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone give context? I know what the emote is, but that's it. Safe to assume someone deep ended in the wrong direction?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing most of its variants will likely live on through BetterTTV. The downside of this is I think having it was a good fuck you to him since Gootecks hated the emote, but I imagine at this point it's hard to back it anymore in good conscience.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Kind of a shame not only because PogChamp was such an important part of Twitch culture but also because Gootecks hated that the Pog was his legacy so it also worked as an extra metaphorical middle finger that he would just be known as funny emote man but the decision is completely understandable

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Considering the PogChamp name has no affiliation with that dumbass itself, it should be easy to bring it back with the same name and meaning, just a different face or artwork.

Good decision overall. Let that pathetic moron fade away in irrelevancy. PogChamp was the only noteworthy thing about him, and even if he hated it he still profited and benefited from it. Taking that away is for the best.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Good. Gootecks is a fucking idiot and this emote is his only claim to relevance.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Apparently, he absolutely hates that he's an emote for many. But I think removing it so he's forgotten is a better course.