• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
It will ultimately come down to you, you basically already know what to expect from both TVs.

For reference (and I know the 930e is brighter) I came from a Sony X900F and I never missed the extra brightness, I actually think the C8 is much brighter in HDR.

To me, another important difference is Dolby Vision, there's tons of DV content right now and the Q9 doesn't support it at all.

I would go with the Q9 or a Vizio PQ if your game room is super bright or if you're just too concerned with burn in, otherwise go with the OLED.

Either way you go, make sure you can return it if you're not satisfied.

Thanks man. Yeah IR and or burn in definitely is a concern of mine. My previous OLED, 65B6 had a big IR problem, so I am still wary for sure. As for Dolby Vision, I have to be honest .. I barely buy Blu Ray movies and I've been comparing DV and HDR10 on Netflix quite a bit and for me it's not really all that different and not a big deal.

I'm gonna think real good about this one,before making a decision.

As for Vizio, man I wish we had that brand here in Holland.

DOTDASHDOT

Helios Abandoned. Atropos Conquered.
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks man. Yeah IR and or burn in definitely is a concern of mine. My previous OLED, 65B6 had a big IR problem, so I am still wary for sure. As for Dolby Vision, I have to be honest .. I barely buy Blu Ray movies and I've been comparing DV and HDR10 on Netflix quite a bit and for me it's not really all that different and not a big deal.

Don't forget there's a big chance we'll get Dolby Vision games, very high probability next gen.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Ah didn't know you were in europe. Yea Vizio and TCL don't sell there which is a shame, they both have excellent TVs.

Also for you to keep in mind, that B6 sounds like it might've just been a bad panel. I have over 300 hours on my 2.5 month old C8 and I've gamed a lot on it and I've honestly never seen IR.

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
Quick question about the Sony X900F.

Just upgraded from the Sammy KU7000 to the X900F, and I've read (rtings review) that it doesn't support YouTube HDR.
Is there any work around to get HDR on YouTube?

Thanks.

Oct 26, 2017
Don't forget there's a big chance we'll get Dolby Vision games, very high probability next gen.

Hmmm good point. Still, im sure HDR10 will always be a thing too, right?

Ah didn't know you were in europe. Yea Vizio and TCL don't sell there which is a shame, they both have excellent TVs.

Also for you to keep in mind, that B6 sounds like it might've just been a bad panel. I have over 300 hours on my 2.5 month old C8 and I've gamed a lot on it and I've honestly never seen IR.

And that is with OLED light at max too? On the B6 I found the HDR game mode to be way too dim, so I cranked up the OLED light to max. Some reviews back then did note that the B6 had IR issues. Although it was rather ridiculous on mine.

I couldn't load up Fortnite without having that yellow loading bar in my screen printed for at least a minute.

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
So I've been trying to get my X9000F to look right while playing PS4 games but I'm having a hard time settling on settings, especially for HDR. The RTINGS settings look pretty good but as soon as HDR kicks in the screen appears dull and that's even with brightness on max. So far I've tried Assassin's Creed Origins, Elder Scrolls Online, Call of Duty WW2, Battlefield 1 (which actually looks not too bad) and Ratchet & Clank which is supposed to be one of the better implementations. Also the sun breaching the planet's horizon on the Ratchet & Clank title screen looks pixelated like it's not displaying correctly. Anyone know what's going on or why I'm seeing a dull image when HDR is enabled? I'm finding HDR to not be the massive improvement that most people seem to think it is.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Most anticipated feature from next gen consoles for me lol.

Quick question about the Sony X900F.

Just upgraded from the Sammy KU7000 to the X900F, and I've read (rtings review) that it doesn't support YouTube HDR.
Is there any work around to get HDR on YouTube?

Thanks.

From the TV itself? nothing you can do unless the app gets updated.

You can get around it with a 4k blueray player that has the HDR Youtube app like the Sony X700, or an Apple TV 4k.

Honestly I would get that Apple TV 4k, its the single biggest upgrade you can give that TV, because you won't have to deal with the slow/clunky Android TV anymore.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

And that is with OLED light at max too? On the B6 I found the HDR game mode to be way too dim, so I cranked up the OLED light to max. Some reviews back then did note that the B6 had IR issues. Although it was rather ridiculous on mine.

I couldn't load up Fortnite without having that yellow loading bar in my screen printed for at least a minute.

Yea OLED light at 100 for game mode HDR (its what everyone recommends anyway for HDR), and all the games I've been playing have HDR so yea, OLED light at 100 almost all the time in games.

Spider-Man was a stress test for the TV because I played that game in 6-8 hour sittings non stop a few times.

Never even a sign of IR.

DOTDASHDOT

Oct 26, 2017

Oh yeah 100%, it's just that Dolby are in bed with Microsoft now, Xbox One X is using a custom version of Dolby Vision, and MS have stated that DV is rolling out to various apps in the next few months, and we all know what the biggest and best use will be ;) and besides Dolby are desperate to fill out their Dolby Vision gaming section on their website.

Most anticipated feature from next gen consoles for me lol.

Yeah me too!

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm stuck choosing between the TCL R617 and the Vizio P Series 2018. I would pull the trigger on the Vizio but I know I will be using the TV in a bright room (wont see the sun's reflection in the screen but it will be right next to a balcony door). Am I being overly concerned if I care a lot about HDR and mixed usage in a bright room? What is a recommend nits value in general for HDR?

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
So, a recent post/discussion here got me curious and I've been reading about chroma subsampling a bit, and is there really a big impact in quality that people care about it? In HDR, comparing YUV 422 and 420 for example, I only noticed a small difference on the edges of brightly colored text, upon close examination. Nothing I would notice in regular use.

What am I talking about - this is an AV enthusiast thread. Of course everyone here think everything is night and day :)

Oct 26, 2017
Yea OLED light at 100 for game mode HDR (its what everyone recommends anyway for HDR), and all the games I've been playing have HDR so yea, OLED light at 100 almost all the time in games.

Spider-Man was a stress test for the TV because I played that game in 6-8 hour sittings non stop a few times.

Never even a sign of IR.

Oh and contrast? I just love a bright picture man, so I always cranked it to max on the B6 as well. Where is your contrast at? Of course the peak brightness of the C8 is a lot better than the B6, but still.

Oh yeah 100%, it's just that Dolby are in bed with Microsoft now, Xbox One X is using a custom version of Dolby Vision, and MS have stated that DV is rolling out to various apps in the next few months, and we all know what the biggest and best use will be ;) and besides Dolby are desperate to fill out their Dolby Vision gaming section on their website.

Yeah me too!

It's definitely something for me to keep in mind then. Monday I'll ask that exact same store where the Sammy is what they ask for the C8.

I just saw a video from HDTVtest by Vincent Teoh. A comparison of C8 and Q9FN and I was surprised that the QFN doesn't seem to knock out the C8 when it comes to brightness. I remember when I saw a comparison of the Sony 930e with a 7 series OLED and the difference is crystal clear. Interesting.

How dark exactly does the room need to be for OLED? It's been almost two years now since the B6, kinda forgot, haha.

Sammy does have VRR over LG though. :)

Last edited:

DOTDASHDOT

Oct 26, 2017
Oh and contrast? I just love a bright picture man, so I always cranked it to max on the B6 as well. Where is your contrast at? Of course the peak brightness of the C8 is a lot better than the B6, but still.

It's definitely something for me to keep in mind then. Monday I'll ask that exact same store where the Sammy is what they ask for the C8.

I just saw a video from HDTVtest by Vincent Teoh. A comparison of C8 and Q9FN and I was surprised that the QFN doesn't seem to knock out the C8 when it comes to brightness. I remember when I saw a comparison of the Sony 930e with a 7 series OLED and the difference is crystal clear. Interesting.

Yeah it does, but also don't forget that the Sammy's VRR at 4K has a very narrow range (48-60hz) not very robust, think of it as a bonus, not a killer feature.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Its at the default, which I think is 85.

Its so bright that in the beginning I turned down the OLED light to like 60 in game mode HDR, until I learned you're supposed to leave it at 100 to get the most out of HDR lol.

Oh and VRR in 4k is extremely limited until HDMI 2.1 comes out.

The Samsung TVs VRR this year is limited between 48-60 fps

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017

From the TV itself? nothing you can do unless the app gets updated.

You can get around it with a 4k blueray player that has the HDR Youtube app like the Sony X700, or an Apple TV 4k.

Honestly I would get that Apple TV 4k, its the single biggest upgrade you can give that TV, because you won't have to deal with the slow/clunky Android TV anymore.

Ugh, wonder why a friggin' Android TV doesn't support Youtube HDR.
I don't want to spend another 200€
Has anyone tried this youtube client?
https://smartyoutubetv.github.io

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it does, but also don't forget that the Sammy's VRR at 4K has a very narrow range (48-60hz) not very robust, think of it as a bonus, not a killer feature.

Ok good to know.

So the only thing that would hold me back from the C8 are, well two things, pricier (unless the store gives me a great deal) and the darkness of the room. In my previous house I painted all my walls pitch black, like a theater. Perfect for OLED but also very depressing for a living room, lol. So the game room definitely still will have light coming in.

Wish I could demo it and see how it looks here because that is one thing I'll have no problem with, with the Sammy.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok good to know.

So the only thing that would hold me back from the C8 are, well two things, pricier (unless the store gives me a great deal) and the darkness of the room. In my previous house I painted all my walls pitch black, like a theater. Perfect for OLED but also very depressing for a living room, lol. So the game room definitely still will have light coming in.

Wish I could demo it and see how it looks here because that is one thing I'll have no problem with, with the Sammy.

You can take it home try it for a few weeks and then return it if it doesn't work for you.

Unless that store doesn't allow returns or something.

Believe me you don't need pitch black room haha, ...walls painted black that's super hardcore lol.

DOTDASHDOT

Oct 26, 2017
Ok good to know.

In my honest opinion, I 100% think you have nothing to worry about, now if your OLED didn't have Dynamic Tone Mapping, or you weren't able to use metadata injection on a older model, I'd say get an LCD, but the 8 series gets real bright using DTM for games, you'll have no problem.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
My Sony 49 inch 900e just died. It's got a line of dead pixels running through it. I really want something comparable from the 2018 models. What are my options?

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here, but why do you want to buy a new TV? It's literally impossible for this TV to be more than two years old. Just get it fixed.

EDIT: I am a stupid stupid person. I guess there's no such thing as 2 year warranty where you live?

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I've been trying to get my X9000F to look right while playing PS4 games but I'm having a hard time settling on settings, especially for HDR. The RTINGS settings look pretty good but as soon as HDR kicks in the screen appears dull and that's even with brightness on max. So far I've tried Assassin's Creed Origins, Elder Scrolls Online, Call of Duty WW2, Battlefield 1 (which actually looks not too bad) and Ratchet & Clank which is supposed to be one of the better implementations. Also the sun breaching the planet's horizon on the Ratchet & Clank title screen looks pixelated like it's not displaying correctly. Anyone know what's going on or why I'm seeing a dull image when HDR is enabled? I'm finding HDR to not be the massive improvement that most people seem to think it is.

Which TV are you coming from? I'm one of those that saw the huge impact of HDR when I upgraded to my old X900F from a Samsung 6290.

I do remember the weird thing with the sun in Ratchet and Clank, so its probably the game, not your TV.

Its possible that HDR on that TV just doesn't have that big of an impact for you :(

I'm stuck choosing between the TCL R617 and the Vizio P Series 2018. I would pull the trigger on the Vizio but I know I will be using the TV in a bright room (wont see the sun's reflection in the screen but it will be right next to a balcony door). Am I being overly concerned if I care a lot about HDR and mixed usage in a bright room? What is a recommend nits value in general for HDR?

HDR will always look best in a dark room, doesn't matter if its LCD or OLED.

As for nits, they can be very misleading because the patterns used to measure them are nothing like real content from a movie or game. And then you also have to take into consideration how HDR is implemented in a particular movie or game, that also has a huge impact.

Out of those two I would probably go with the TCL R617, but both TVs have their pros and cons. https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/com...-vs-tcl-r617/625/613#usage*4854!threshold*0.1

Also keep in mind you will be playing the panel lottery with both brands, so make sure you test which ever TV you get to make sure its acceptable.

FrankNitty

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
So I disgust myself sometimes decided to buy the A9F. Just have to figure out if i want to do the 65 and put it in bedroom and move 65E6 to office or just buy the 55 A9F and put it straight in office.

Oct 26, 2017
You can take it home try it for a few weeks and then return it if it doesn't work for you.

Unless that store doesn't allow returns or something.

Believe me you don't need pitch black room haha, ...walls painted black that's super hardcore lol.

In my honest opinion, I 100% think you have nothing to worry about, now if your OLED didn't have Dynamic Tone Mapping, or you weren't able to use metadata injection on a older model, I'd say get an LCD, but the 8 series gets real bright using DTM for games, you'll have no problem.

Thanks guys, you've been a great help.

On one hand it shouldn't surprise me that IR isn't an issue. I had zero IR on my full HD EC930 OLED a few years back, zero. But I do recall Rtings having tested OLEDs for IR and burn in. I'll go look at that tomorrow.

Monday I will definitely call the shop and ask them for how much they can offer me the C8. As for returns, it doesn't seem to be as easy here as in other countries. Unless I just had a bad experience at this store but a few years ago, 2011 I bought my first plasma, Panasonic VT30 which suffered badly from a green tinge and the store immediately told me to contact Panasonic and they clearly weren't planning on helping me much. It took a lot of time and hassle to eventually get the TV back to them.

When I bought the EC930 OLED the store specifically told me that I can't just "try it out" at home and return it if it wasn't to my liking. It's not as easy here. :)

Tapeworm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm assuming you've turned on Enhanced Inputs for HDMI 2 & 3. Also keep HDR on Auto.

But I have felt the same way you do at times with my X900F. I have to adjust settings a bit so they differ from SDR.

Off the top of my head:

Brightness

Brightness: Max
Contrast: 93
Gamma: -2 (sometimes -1)
Black Level: 50
Black Adjust: High
Adv Contrast Enhancer: Depends in game (AC Odyssey OFF, God of War medium or high)
Adv Local Dimming: High
Xtended Dynamic Range: High

Color

Color: 60-65 (50 is way to dull)
Hue: 0
Color Temp: Expert 1
Adv Color Temp:
R-Gain: Max
G-Gain: -7
B-Gain: -7
R-Bias: 0
G-Bias: 0
B-Bias: -5
Live Color: Low

Clarity:

Sharpness: 55
The rest off

Motion:

Everything off

Video Options:

Everything Auto

Also use in-game sliders and adjustments to your advantage.

DOTDASHDOT

Oct 26, 2017
So I disgust myself sometimes decided to buy the A9F. Just have to figure out if i want to do the 65 and put it in bedroom and move 65E6 to office or just buy the 55 A9F and put it straight in office.

Nice, I like the fact it has DTM baked in, helps that it's really good too, going by what Vincent said in his review.

Thanks guys, you've been a great help.

On one hand it shouldn't surprise me that IR isn't an issue. I had zero IR on my full HD EC930 OLED a few years back, zero. But I do recall Rtings having tested OLEDs for IR and burn in. I'll go look at that tomorrow.

Monday I will definitely call the shop and ask them for how much they can offer me the C8. As for returns, it doesn't seem to be as easy here as in other countries. Unless I just had a bad experience at this store but a few years ago, 2011 I bought my first plasma, Panasonic VT30 which suffered badly from a green tinge and the store immediately told me to contact Panasonic and they clearly weren't planning on helping me much. It took a lot of time and hassle to eventually get the TV back to them.

When I bought the EC930 OLED the store specifically told me that I can't just "try it out" at home and return it if it wasn't to my liking. It's not as easy here. :)

I know it's like an OLED haven in here lol, but they really are stunning, and in HDR or Dolby Vision it's as good as it gets.

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
Welp, apparently Chrome now suppports HDR on Windows 10 (Fall update). So if you have a PC connected to a X900F and a compatible GPU it should work. I'll test it later.
youtube-quality-setting.png

https://developers.google.com/web/u...4-media-updates#hdr-video-playback-windows-10

Edit- it works, youtube on pc now has hdr. but holy crap does it drop frames like crazy. a 4k 60 fps hdr video destroys my 8700k. i hope it gets better :/

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I'm assuming you've turned on Enhanced Inputs for HDMI 2 & 3. Also keep HDR on Auto.

But I have felt the same way you do at times with my X900F. I have to adjust settings a bit so they differ from SDR.

Off the top of my head:

Brightness

Brightness: Max
Contrast: 93
Gamma: -2 (sometimes -1)
Black Level: 50
Black Adjust: High
Adv Contrast Enhancer: Depends in game (AC Odyssey OFF, God of War medium or high)
Adv Local Dimming: High
Xtended Dynamic Range: High

Color

Color: 60-65 (50 is way to dull)
Hue: 0
Color Temp: Expert 1
Adv Color Temp:
R-Gain: Max
G-Gain: -7
B-Gain: -7
R-Bias: 0
G-Bias: 0
B-Bias: -5
Live Color: Low

Clarity:

Sharpness: 55
The rest off

Motion:

Everything off

Video Options:

Everything Auto

Also use in-game sliders and adjustments to your advantage.

I can relate to this with my 930e. Solely in HDR because SDR is fine. Shadow of the Tomb Raider for example simply looks off inside tombs and caves, just too bright and not as good as SDR. I did not change the Gamma setting myself but I will give this a shot tomorrow.

Honestly HDR has been a big mixed bag for me for a while now with many games and in some cases actually makes the picture worse compared to SDR, for me.

Oct 28, 2017
Any good 43 inch recommendations? I plan on having a one x and a PS4 slim hooked up to it. I sit like 4 feet away so I don't really need anything larger for now.

FrankNitty

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Very curious to hear your thoughts once calibrated.

Guessing it would have to outperform your E6, yes? At least in peak nits?

Ultimately yes it would need to outperform it but it really I'm just replacing a 500M in the office.

For me to put it in the bedroom it would be a combination of things. Wife has to like the tilt since she would be watching it in bed but also cleaner image and processing for when we watch broadcast TV.

Where as in the office it has to have better motion, and sound for when I am working from home and have a stream going or taking a break and gaming on it. I generally use the display in the office as my third display. That way I'm available and not in living room on C8.

Motion wise I have spent more time with it and it is really good with motion and the sound far surpasses the E series.

I'm thinking just putting it in the office as it will get more use and check all the boxes for the display I want in there

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it worth it for me to replace my PS4 Pro (it sometimes gives me issues) and Xbox HDMI cables with Monoprice cables?

Electro15

Oct 7, 2018
I'm torn on what to do.

First not sure if to buy now or wait for black friday. Want to play RDR2 at release, but could wait for black friday to get a better price for the TV/PS4P.

Also I'm between getting a x930e plus the PS4 or get something cheaper like a Samsung QN6/NU8000 or the TCL R617 which will allow me to also add a Nintendo Switch.

Or maybe I should not get any console and buy an OLED and just keep playing on my PC heh.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm torn on what to do.

First not sure if to buy now or wait for black friday. Want to play RDR2 at release, but could wait for black friday to get a better price for the TV/PS4P.

Also I'm between getting a x930e plus the PS4 or get something cheaper like a Samsung QN6/NU8000 or the TCL R617 which will allow me to also add a Nintendo Switch.

Or maybe I should not get any console and buy an OLED and just keep playing on my PC heh.

Out of those options? I would honestly recommend the OLED.

Its such a massive upgrade for anything you would do on it, not just games.

You can eventually get the PS4 Pro and play those games on an excellent screen, versus the extremely underwhelming Q6FN or even worse NU8000. The X930E is a decent TV compared to those two, so I would go for that over the Samsungs.

Oh and I would rank the TCL (if you are willing to play the panel lottery) over those 2 Samsungs too.

Last edited:

Tonza

Oct 26, 2017
Bit the bullet. Have a 65 C8 coming. The offer at 2200 was too good.

Hopefully Im done with TV purchases for atleast 4 years.

aevanhoe

Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Hey DOTDASHDOT and 2Bee - a quick question, what are the most "dangerous" colors (in terms of burn-in), other than red?

Well, the real question is: I play a lot of AC lately and the quest text stays in the top left corner for some time (it doesn't change until the quest objective changes, and even then it's replaced by another line) and it's pale yellow. Should I, like, turn it off (though, that does make playing a bit more difficult)? Didn't have IR issues with it, just asking.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey DOTDASHDOT and 2Bee - a quick question, what are the most "dangerous" colors (in terms of burn-in), other than red?

Well, the real question is: I play a lot of AC lately and the quest text stays in the top left corner for some time (it doesn't change until the quest objective changes, and even then it's replaced by another line) and it's pale yellow. Should I, like, turn it off (though, that does make playing a bit more difficult)? Didn't have IR issues with it, just asking.

It goes like this:

Red>Yellow>Orange>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Green>Blue>White

There is a massive gulf between the red/yellow/orange colors and the Gree/Blue/White tho.

For what you're describing there should be nothing to worry about tho. Spider-Man menu had some solid red bars and I never got even IR with that even after dozens of hours.

DOTDASHDOT

Oct 26, 2017

Yellow and red are the worst offenders, I mean you could get it with any colour, but for instant IR, yellow is king.

aevanhoe

Banned
Aug 28, 2018
It goes like this:

Red>Yellow>Orange>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Green>Blue>White

There is a massive gulf between the red/yellow/orange colors and the Gree/Blue/White tho.

For what you're describing there should be nothing to worry about tho. Spider-Man menu had some solid red bars and I never got even IR with that even after dozens of hours.

Yeah, figured as much, thanks!

DOTDASHDOT

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I get it. Thanks. Not really bothered with IR (never actually noticed it in regular use, tbh), just the burn-in.

My point was that if IR is that rapid for yellow, then burn in will be more of a problem with that particular colour.

Talking of panel problems, I had a scare last night, a huge dark triangle appeared on screen when anything low light was in that area, sure enough 5% grey showed it at its worst, 1 nail biting hour later, after a pixel refresh it completely disappeared.......

Thank God! A fight with LG or John Lewis was really not what I wanted :)

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Welp, apparently Chrome now suppports HDR on Windows 10 (Fall update). So if you have a PC connected to a X900F and a compatible GPU it should work. I'll test it later.
youtube-quality-setting.png

https://developers.google.com/web/u...4-media-updates#hdr-video-playback-windows-10

Edit- it works, youtube on pc now has hdr. but holy crap does it drop frames like crazy. a 4k 60 fps hdr video destroys my 8700k. i hope it gets better :/
What GPU do you have? If it's HDR capable at 60FPS it should be accelerated?

aevanhoe

Banned
Aug 28, 2018
My point was that if IR is that rapid for yellow, then burn in will be more of a problem with that particular colour.

Talking of panel problems, I had a scare last night, a huge dark triangle appeared on screen when anything low light was in that area, sure enough 5% grey showed it at its worst, 1 nail biting hour later, after a pixel refresh it completely disappeared.......

Thank God! A fight with LG or John Lewis was really not what I wanted :)

Phew, that sounds bad. Was it retention or something else?

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
What GPU do you have? If it's HDR capable at 60FPS it should be accelerated?

A 980Ti. I think Maxwell (gen 2) doesn't support Google's VP9.2 codec. :/ Oh well.

I think the cheapest option to have YouTube HDR on the Sony X900F is the Chromecast Ultra dongle, for 70 euros.

Kinda shocking how limited the support is for Google's VP9 codec. Very few devices can do it.