• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
0x0.jpg

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrew...ing-looks-dire/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

President Trump's two eldest sons, Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump, both of whom have been deeply involved in their father's reelection campaign, broke with the "Keep America Great" message on Saturday to hint at their own runs in 2024, as polls show their father heavily disfavored to win reelection

Donald Trump Jr., the president's eldest son who helps run the Trump Organization as an executive vice president and has been one of his father's most active surrogates this year, posted a photo of a "Don Jr. 2024" flag to instagram.

Donald Trump Jr. wrote that it will "make liberal heads explode" and that "to whomever made [the sign] thanks for the compliment… but let's get through 2020 with a big win first."

Eric Trump, also an executive vice president at the Trump Organization and a Trump campaign surrogate, liked a tweet on Saturday reading "Eric Trump 2024," a move some commentators recognized as roughly equivalent to his brother's instagram post.

Oh joy, what we need, another political dynasty.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I hate this stuff.

I hoping the GOP gets clobbered this November so Trumpism will due to pragmatism.

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
A Trump tv network with two (three?) Trumps running in 2024 would be the greatest GOP kill shot ever

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Remember my impeached 1 term racist father who is in (prison/Russia/a grave)?!. Vote for me!

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
I find it hard to believe the GOP would support another Trump if they lose in a few weeks
This.

If Trump loses they'll consider his name and his far right BS toxic for years and they'll go back to the milder Romney types. This is the first time in almost 30 years we've had a one-term president, there's no way they're going back.

IzzyRX

Powered by Friendship™
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think they'll support another Trump so soon, especially with him losing.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
No Trump will ever get the support of the GOP again after this.

I have to believe that at least.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
This.

If Trump loses they'll consider his name and his far right BS toxic for years and they'll go back to the milder Romney types. This is the first time in almost 30 years we've had a one-term president, there's no way they're going back.
The last time there was a one-term Republican president, the subsequent Republican president was his son.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Sons?

I figured they'd push for Ivanka. It would be another slap in the face to Hilary. A former first-lady running for President.

This.

I doubt it.

The Republican Party doesn't really exist anymore. The base is not loyal to any political ideology, only to trump. It's a cult. He will hold great power over the party for years to come.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
I've been saying for a while that Don Jr. 2024 gets filed November 3rd if Trump wins. And if you don't think that will happen, and that they'll cheat to make sure he wins, I've got a house with a view to Alaska to sell you

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only Ivanka has the remotest chance, neither of these idiots would get past the primaries.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
The greatest way to keep Democrats energized is by throwing a fucking Trump in front of them. I'd crawl through glass for literally any Democrat over any Trump ever.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
This.

why would you believe this.... it is wishful thinking to think they will run away from Trump. He will help them get back congress in the midterms

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why it's Jr. and Eric when Ivanka is clearly more adept at winning their base's hearts than either of them.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Depending on what happens in this election and the popularity of the Trump name after this election, I could see his sons becoming a political dynasty, conservative TV hosts, part-time political commentators, go back to their non-political business scams, or end up in prison.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I don't know if its good thing or a bad thing. The country should reject them and all they offer, and at the same time, this is a reminder that another 4 years of this horse shit is possible and you can vote to prevent it.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, let them try I guess. They're dumber and less successful than their father, which is a really fucking low bar, and on top of that they don't have his charisma. They probably wouldn't last long in the first Republican primaries if they even got that far.

This, of course, assuming we're seeing anything resembling traditional American electoral procedure by 2024.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Good. The party will split between the Trumps+Qanon and never-Trumpers, and the Democrats will get a few extra terms.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
There's a rumor that one or the other is looking to buy a house in Kentucky to run for governor against Andy Beshear in three years. That's one of my personal hells, and then put the other brother in the PotUS and I'd leave the country or die trying.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
There's a rumor that one or the other is looking to buy a house in Kentucky to run for governor against Andy Beshear in three years. That's one of my personal hells, and then put the other brother in the PotUS and I'd leave the country or die trying.

Now my biggest fear is one of them trying to take the torch from McConnell.

Depending on what happens in this election and the popularity of the Trump name after this election, I could see his sons becoming a political dynasty, conservative TV hosts, part-time political commentators, go back to their non-political business scams, or end up in prison.
In all seriousness I can see the Trump boys becoming the new Rush Limbaugh act for a whole right-wing generation. And appropriately enough, a stupider act for an even stupider generation.