rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
When you hate you life so much the only way you can keep on living is knowing other people are worse off than you are.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
So she got caught up with ICE, almost got deported, and then intends to vote for the person who caused her suffering in the first place? How dumb can you get?

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When you've committed that far, I guess sometimes it's easier to just continue the course rather than going through some self-evaluation.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
When Trump said that thing about shooting a guy on the streets and still winning he was right. The guy is trash. Guy is affiliated with rapist, is very likely a rapist himself, sex traffickers, pedos, is very possibly a pedo himself, known racist, is racist, wants to bang his daughter, and the list goes on. People still vote for him...

I have no idea what these people gain? Is it a sense of purpose? Do they just like wealthy white frauds? I cannot understand. It's more frightening than funny that this didn't turn an individual.

If you only knew how much work it took to fit it under the character limit.

More impressive feat than Trump's presidency.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Don't want to self reflect because the libs will rub your face in the pile of shit you made.
I don't think that is a problem inherent to Trump fans, I think it's a general issue with humanity in general. Not that it excuses her, just that we have to understand how and why it happens to know how to prevent and change it.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think that is a problem inherent to Trump fans, I think it's a general issue with humanity in general. Not that it excuses her, just that we have to understand how and why it happens to know how to prevent and change it.
I often think what it would take for me to vote Republican, and I donno, I don't think Obama personally putting me in jail for a year is gonna do it.
This is a bit different since this is a question of policy that I assume she supported at least in the general sense, but I look at this thread and see how it's all about laughing at her an not about freaking the fuck up that ICE can do that shit to an american citizen, and I kinda gets how everything goes back immediately to partisan politics framing (I am often guilty of that too by the way, and to be clear, I think the issue is 100% the way politics are covered, I don't believe this is a moral failure of people).

shem

Oct 25, 2017
The jump of "No one should be treated this way" being justified with still voting for him is that she thinks no one should be wrongly accused, she believes that everyone else is actually here illegally and also deserves that treatment. It's not stupidity, it's malice.

Deleted member 18360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I often think what it would take for me to vote Republican, and I donno, I don't think Obama personally putting me in jail for a year is gonna do it.
This is a bit different since this is a question of policy that I assume she supported at least in the general sense, but I look at this thread and see how it's all about laughing at her an not about freaking the fuck up that ICE can do that shit to an american citizen, and I kinda gets how everything goes back immediately to partisan politics framing (I am often guilty of that too by the way, and to be clear, I think the issue is 100% the way politics are covered, I don't believe this is a moral failure of people).

I think it's more that people only end up casually indoctrinated into fascist alternate realities when our democratic social fabric is no longer performing its basic necessary functions.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
People aren't freaking out at ICE here because we do that already in the multiple threads about not only ICE's abuses of power but the concentration camps as well. Lampooning her doesn't actually mean we inherently endorse ICE. The context is different just as it would be different between topics about a person's house accidentally burning down compared to a person purposefully burning their house down.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People aren't freaking out at ICE here because we do that already in the multiple threads about not only ICE's abuses of power but the concentration camps as well. Lampooning her doesn't actually mean we inherently endorse ICE. The context is different just as it would be different between topics about a person's house accidentally burning down compared to a person purposefully burning their house down.
This is an american citizen, that's not the usual ICE story that you see.
And I didn't accused anyone of endorsing ICE, I just think that who she votes for is literally the least important part of this story, and yet this is literally the only thing I saw anyone talking about.

I think it's perfectly fine to dunk on her, I really really do, but like, is there really no one here who is at least kinda worried about getting caught up in that shit?
Like, not everyone, but 4 pages and not a single one?
I think this is a bigger deal than "Trump voter gonna keep voting Trump" which is really just a private case of what everyone I think knows - most people just don't switch parties.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So she got caught up with ICE, almost got deported, and then intends to vote for the person who caused her suffering in the first place? How dumb can you get?
58295.jpg

It's like she's Reek

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
And I didn't accused anyone of endorsing ICE, I just think that who she votes for is literally the least important part of this story, and yet this is literally the only thing I saw anyone talking about.

I think it's perfectly fine to dunk on her, I really really do, but like, is there really no one here who is at least kinda worried about getting caught up in that shit?
I think this is a bigger deal than "Trump voter gonna keep voting Trump" which is really just a private case of what everyone I think knows - most people just don't switch parties.
Apologies. 'Endorse' was definitely the wrong word. But I do assure that no one is under any allusions that ICE isn't testing and overstepping their power under this administration uncontested. It's worrying, frightening & fucking awful and everyone currently employed at ICE and the politicians enabling and excusing them either needs to be fired and/or jailed while the entire institution needs to be reformatted from the ground up. Ribbing this woman comes from a place of understanding that reality and rightly being frustrated with the people like herself who actively enable ICE and those that politically defend ICE. People are angry at this woman and expressing it because they understand how she's directly connected to the perpetuation of this type of inhuman violation. And people aren't directly mentioning ICE's behavior in this topic because it goes without saying; especially since, like I mentioned before, there's news and topics nearly every week that highlights and reinforces the truth of ICE's status as a broken and cruel organization.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Apologies. 'Endorse' was definitely the wrong word. But I do assure that no one is under any allusions that ICE isn't testing and overstepping their power under this administration uncontested. It's worrying, frightening & fucking awful and everyone currently employed at ICE and the politicians enabling and excusing them either needs to be fired and/or jailed while the entire institution needs to be reformatted from the ground up. Ribbing this woman comes from a place of understanding that reality and rightly being frustrated with the people like herself who actively enable ICE and those that politically defend ICE. People are angry at this woman and expressing it because they understand how she's directly connected to the perpetuation of this type of inhuman violation. And people aren't directly mentioning ICE's behavior in this topic because it goes without saying; especially since, like I mentioned before, there's news and topics nearly every week that highlights and reinforces the truth of ICE's status as a broken and cruel organization.
Come on, compare the original NYT article title to the thread title.
People want to dunk on trump supporters and that's fine, I enjoy that too, I just really really really think this thread is focusing on the unimportant issue.

Like, do you really think who she voted here is the biggest issue here?

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The nicest way I can phrase my opinion of such a person is that they are a waste of matter and energy

Oct 30, 2017
  • She was born in Montreal Canada, both her parents are US citizens only temporarily in Canada.
  • The DMV wouldn't accept her birth certificate as proof of US citizenship to renew her Driver's License.
  • A valid passport probably would have been accepted as a proof of US citizenship to the DMV but the only passport she ever got was expired decades ago.
  • She then needed a valid photo ID to get a new passport. By the time she realized that could be a solution, her Drivers License was already expired.
  • She was then stuck in a strange Catch-22
This is one of those examples of the people in charge being petty morons, and it's a situation I've had to deal with before after losing my wallet

"I'm sorry sir, but in order to get this piece of ID you need two valid pieces of ID. Oh, you don't have two? Well, to get an additional piece of valid ID I'm going to need to see two pieces of valid ID."

If you have a birth certificate, a driver's license and a passport, then you are who you say you are, even if they're expired - I hate this kind of head-directly-up-the-anus bureaucracy

Last edited:

Deleted member 41502

Banned
Mar 28, 2018

"Why aren't you focused on fixing this system that she's literally voting to not change and instead focusing on how she's voting!"

Voting is the fix. It's literally the only fix for this.

EDIT: And her citizenship is irrelevant. Her own quote is "I don't think anyone should be treated like that, period".

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe there are so many stupid people in this country. It's bewildering and I wish someone had told child me lol.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
When the leopards eat your face, and you still vote for the Leopards Eating People's Faces party again next election.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's a cult. And these people are going to be with us long after Trump is gone.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
During her ordeal, she thought about contacting the president via Facebook to ask for his personal intervention in her case. She ended up doing it all on her own, but she said she continues to believe Mr. Trump will "make America great again." She intends to vote for him in 2020.

Cultist reaffirms unequivocal support for cult leader despite being mistreated by cult. Bleats out cult slogan.

There are some Trump general election voters who didn't vote for him during the 2016 GOP primary and would prefer he was primaried in 2020. Then there are voters like this woman.

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I will never understand how people could be this dumb. There has to be something wrong with their brain right? I just don't get it.