Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
There's at least one whole episode of The West Wing dedicated to explain how bad an idea that is lol.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are ways around this, people.

4SrRSS02QYo5x-nvfX5pAUxtfD4=.gif

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
When I was in high school 25 years ago a classmate of mine, one day while we were waiting for the teacher, decided to rebel by taking his lighter and trying to set the flag in the room on fire. It was a big deal that day. I guess he got suspension or something I dunno. At the time I thought he was in the wrong. But now I think he was the smartest one there. (Who got held back a couple times)

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like there has to be a solution to the flag burning crisis that is sweeping America that does not involve jail.

dJUL7yc.gif

Nah, can't think of any.
Jail it is.

naib

Oct 25, 2017
ATX
4 U.S. Code § 8.Respect for flag

Choice bits:

(d)
The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

(g)
The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.

(i)
The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

(k)
The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.
What a bunch of idiots. I think of this every time I see flag swim trunks, etc. Some people can't even patriot right

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2019
This has already been decided by the Supreme Court TWICE! Texas v. Johnson and United States v. Eichman. But I'm not surprised that him or anyone in his administration has even read the Constitution, let along major SCOTUS cases interpreting it.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
... Your supposed to burn the flag though.

So your saying you want piles of American flags in the trash? I mean it's fitting, but I don't make the rules.