jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's just a piece of material but to his idiot masses, their first born.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Boy Scouts gonna be imprisoned en masse.

SEPT-19-ITG-LETS-GO-CLUBBING-SCOUTS-FLAG-RETIREMENT-PHOTO.jpg

You retire American flags by burning them.

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
its a fucking flag. why do people care so much

like why the fuck does it matter if someone burns a fucking flag? i seriously dont understand people who get pissed by this.

SteveMeister

Oct 31, 2017
Unconstitutional, but then again, when did Trump ever care about that, unless it's the second amendment and he's appealing to his base.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
its a fucking flag. why do people care so much

like why the fuck does it matter if someone burns a fucking flag? i seriously dont understand people who get pissed by this.
They're the sort of people who believe "patriotism" is just blind worship of symbols and nothing past that.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't a winning strategy. Appealing to the craziest of the crazies won't win the election.

The only thing Republicans have left is disenfranchisement and outright stealing the election.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How about legislation for if a president is against freedom of expression, they instantly get removed from office?

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Par for the course for other bullshit Trump comes up with on the spot to get his crowd to clap and cheer.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
How crazy is he going to get as we get closer to Nov?
Crazier. But if he does win, Trump will no longer be reigned in. It's why people need to vote. It's only a matter of time before Trump declares it should be illegal to be a Democrat since they cheat in elections and collude with foreign governments making them traitors and that every American should have to make a pledge of allegiance to their president. And I'm not even kidding.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Time to go burn some flags to defend my first amendment right. Gotta love these goons that don't respect the actual sacrifices of our soldiers that allow us this right.

SteveMeister

Oct 31, 2017
And if you REALLY want to enforce the US Flag Code, you need to enforce all of it. So that means no upside down flag, no clothing or costume or uniform, bedding, drapery, no adding any marks, letters or images to it (I'm looking at you, blue line flag), etc. (of course, enforcing that would be unconstitutional as well).

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
"About all the bugaboo
Concerning folks burning the flag
I'd always learned that burning was
The proper, respectful way to dispose of the flag
When it's become obsolete and worn out it's usefulness"

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Punish people for burning the flag, but not the people burning the country for which the flag represents. Wowee.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Not cool, but it would be entertaining seeing "patriots" wrestle with a similar law for flags as clothing.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Is this apropos of nothing? I feel like I would have heard if the protestors were burning flags so I assume he's just pulling this out of his ass to try and feed his base something right?

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is this apropos of nothing? I feel like I would have heard if the protestors were burning flags so I assume he's just pulling this out of his ass to try and feed his base something right?
I wonder if Hannity or Fox and Friends just aired something about flag burning.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
The number of people on dating sites that I've seen answer "Yes" to the question "should burning the American Flag be illegal" is concerning. Let's hope this turns out to be nothing.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
There will still be people out there trying to say Trump has worked towards criminal justice reform, while he threatens to throw more people in jail over awful, unconstitutional policy.