• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

This was in the Trump/COVID19 megathread, but thought it deserved a highlight. This is man is psychotic beyond belief.

All the Mary Trump stuff is clicking now. Intense bravado, faux machismo, anti-intellectualism.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Isn't Trump a germaphobe? I'm having a hard time believing the the cough in my mouth part.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Coughing thing is a joke but demanding people take their masks off...every day I think to myself there's no way I can hate this man more.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I think the tweet is being sarcastic.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO, read the article before posting your thread if Poe's law prevents you from distinguishing twitter jokes.

The stuff in the article is gonna work wonders in ads.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
The fact that half the posts here couldn't tell the sarcasm is really telling.

The second part of the thread title is click bait though, sorry.

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
"Get that thing off!": Also what Trump says when the doctors use a rectal thermometer to check his fever.

Oct 26, 2017
The part about the masks reminds me that WWE owner Vince McMahon hates it when people sneeze in front of him, because he thinks it's a sign of weakness.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Kevin Hassett was a top economic adviser to the president in May when he became one of the few to break the unwritten White House rules. In a television interview, he said that he found it "scary to go to work" and that "I think that I'd be a lot safer if I was sitting at home than I would be going to the West Wing."

Mr. Hassett, who left the administration over the summer, told CNN on Friday that he was criticized at the time for publicly expressing concern.
"When I was in the White House, you know, I got a little bit of a flak for saying, 'Hey, I understand the risks,'" he said.

these people are fucking idiots

and when/if trump recovers and gets back out there, he won't likely embrace mask-wearing. probably the opposite, if anything.

anyway, the recent polling about trump's infection has already shown most people think WH/Trump are morons and continuing on in that anti-mask direction won't help him defeat biden in november.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Funny how they see these silly things as alpha shit instead of more meaning actions, same reason they pose with guns yet can't throw hands.

Not that fighting is a sign of virility, but in their twisted logic it should be.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
It's gonna be worse because he'll brag about his immunity and make fun of people who haven't had it.
yep. and while it's an incredibly shitty and dangerous attitude to be projecting, it's not a winning strategy.

www.reuters.com

Biden leads by 10 points as majority of Americans say Trump could have avoided coronavirus

Democrat Joe Biden opened his widest lead in a month in the U.S. presidential race after President Donald Trump tested positive for the coronavirus, and a majority of Americans think Trump could have avoided infection if he had taken the virus more seriously, according to...

www.cnbc.com

Biden leads by 10 points as majority of Americans say Trump could have avoided coronavirus: Poll

A majority of Americans think Trump could have avoided infection if he had taken the virus more seriously, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Sunday.

Most Americans continue to be deeply worried about the virus, and the poll found that 65%, including 9 in 10 registered Democrats and 5 in 10 registered Republicans, agreed that "if President Trump had taken coronavirus more seriously, he probably would not have been infected."

Only 34% said they thought that Trump has been telling them the truth about the coronavirus, while 55% said that he was not and 11% were unsure.

Of those polled, 57% of Americans said they disapproved of Trump's response to the COVID-19 pandemic overall, up about 3 points from a poll that ran late last week.

Americans also appear to be largely supportive of curtailing the 2020 presidential race to ensure everyone's safety.

Sixty-seven percent of Americans want to stop in-person campaign rallies and 59% think the presidential debates should be postponed until Trump recovers from the coronavirus.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
I hate all the fake "breaking" tweets and the tweets that interject "jokes" with the primary quotes/facts. With the absurdity of the administration it's hard to tell what's real or not. At this point, him saying "cough in my mouth" is plausible even if it was a joke.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I hate all the fake "breaking" tweets and the tweets that interject "jokes" with the primary quotes/facts. With the absurdity of the administration it's hard to tell what's real or not. At this point, him saying "cough in my mouth" is plausible even if it was a joke.

It's hard to tell at times. That's how far we've fallen with this Administration lol.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Even if it doesn't come from a malicious intent, it's a stupid thing to do.