Rover

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is that they're gonna offer a concession on paying the workers BUT abortion is outlawed forever and Israel must never be insulted

Lilalaunebaer

Oct 27, 2017
Blame the democrats, dangerous illegal immegrants, drive around the wall in cars, cars have wheels -> wall works etc. Generally lie and be stupid.

There, spoiled the whole thing.

Oct 27, 2017
I want this man to face consequences. I want him to be punished. I know the right thing will happen, but because the way our country handles confrontation I know he's never going to be punished. He's going to be ostracized. And that makes me angry. It's this bubbling anger that never has any conclusion, and hasn't for three decades. I hate that I was sold as a child our country was this beacon of freedom and righteousness.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
If the WH hasn't discussed it with Dem leadership then there is nothing to discuss, this isn't how you negotiate it's outright offensive to the Speaker of the house and the voters. The man baby refuses to sit with a woman leader and come to a consensus and this is what he does instead? Fuck him.

Deleted member 36543

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 20, 2017
Probably a distraction to draw attention to this event using a fake Trump while the real Trump take a private plane to Mexico, then Brazil, Then Mother Russia. He's defecting everyone.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for more lies and faulty statistics for him to pull out of his ass as he wastes everyones time trying to shift the blame to get a stupid fucking wall that accomplish nothing and nobody but him wants.

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
Lol no. It's going to be his sad pathetic "compromise" offer that apparently the combined geniuses of Pence and Kushner came up with.
Yup.

"This administration has concluded it can give the Democrats exactly what they've been asking for, a wall with the words 'Welcome to America painted on it. We are reaching across the aisle and meeting them halfway on this, already having given into their demands it be made of steel and not concrete. At this point it would be irresponsible of the Democrats to keep the government shutdown when we've offered them everything they've demanded. Each day they hold paychecks hostage this country loses 1 billion people to illegal immigrant violence. MAGA!"

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is that they're gonna offer a concession on paying the workers BUT abortion is outlawed forever and Israel must never be insulted

I can see that happening. I also see him saying (or repeating):

- "people can't pay rent? It's okay the landlord will understand"

- "many many people have told me to still strong for the wall"

- "many American die every year due to no wall"

- maybe mention the wheel again

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
It will be a waste of everyone's time like the last one. Esp since it's a Saturday.

BluePigGanon

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't understand why he isn't going the national emergency route. It's the only face-saving card in his hand.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I think he is just lonely he can't go anywhere and just wants attention.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
"I'm going to open the government because the radical left doesn't care about the American people."

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Kush being involved means it's likely some DACA deal they're gonna dangle and try to make the Dems look like the bad guys for not taking.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
He'll blame democrats and engage in more "brown scare" for his racist, cult-like supporters.

BluePigGanon

Oct 27, 2017
On Saturday? Ok

Because it's not really legally viable and the moment he declares an emergency Pelosi has the authority to immediately end it with a House resolution.

Yes, but that only matters if he really cares about the wall; I think he just wants something to tell his base. If he declares a national emergency and it dies in the courts, it almost gives him more ammunition for 2020: "Look guys I tried but the swamp fought back, help me keep up the fight!"

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
On Saturday? Ok

Because it's not really legally viable and the moment he declares an emergency Pelosi has the authority to immediately end it with a House resolution.
Unfortunately both chambers have the pass resolutions to end it... Senate will never pass one.. with that being said even if he declares an emergency the money has to come from somewhere and again congress has wide authority to veto if they don't feel a budget can be redirected..

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Unfortunately both chambers have the pass resolutions to end it... Senate will never pass one.. with that being said even if he declares an emergency the money has to come from somewhere and again congress has wide authority to veto if they don't feel a budget can be redirected..
Oh, I thought only the House needed to pass one. Not sure why he hasn't gone for it then. It's a dumb idea that would set a horrible precedent and likely be struck down in the courts but when has any of that ever stopped him before?

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I thought only the House needed to pass one. Not sure why he hasn't gone for it then. It's a dumb idea that would set a horrible precedent and likely be struck down in the courts but when has any of that ever stopped him before?

a joint resolution (not to be confused with a concurrent resolution) is just a fancy name for a bill. It would need to be passed by both houses and signed by Trump. That law could allow a show vote on the 'emergency' to be forced in the Senate but that won't do any real good

As for funding, the point of this gambit is to steal funding that has already been allocated elsewhere (like disaster relief from Democratic and/or brown areas)

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
I really want him to play the national emergency card. Trump and the GOP has already shown disregard of so many ofthe "gentleman's agreements" that hold together American governance it will be very interesting to see if this is another part of the system is paper thin. AFAIK there is nowhere that states the definition of a National Emergency, so much like the "high crimes and misdemeanors" that allow a president to be impeached it is completely subjective. Then you add in the fact that there is already a mechanism to stop a declaration of national emergency so I figure the courts will simply say that they should use that if the dont beleive it to be legitimate. Only problem is the Senate is also in Trumps control via McConnell.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
They're going to attempt to shift the narrative by offering some concession and dare the Democratic House to refuse.

When the House rejects their "deal", the administration and its allies will run coordinated messages of how the Democrats are keeping the government shut down and jeopardizing the country solely out of spite for the president.

Time will tell if it works.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
No one cares about this Wall. When will he get this through his thick skull?

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Never trust what any of Trump's inside sources say... Even if they are convinced that he won't do something, he'll still do it if he really wants to and then he'll laugh like a maniac in private while everyone else scrambles to explain his behavior. Did everyone forget the Syria withdrawal already?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's 3 on a Saturday, it's that or infomercials on tv.
ai5kbn.gif

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
So they are going to give us gimped DACA for just under 5 billion. Then blame Dems when they say no. I'll be doing something else actually worth my time, like, maybe I'll pick up dog poop.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Probably Trump's "budget resolution" that McConnell is going to try to shove through the senate so that democrats will be the bad guys keeping the government closed for once in the shutdown.

Wonder if they can succeed. Probably not, seeing how incompetent they are at passing anything, but they might just be desperate enough to get it through.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
So they are going to give us gimped DACA for just under 5 billion. Then blame Dems when they say no. I'll be doing something else actually worth my time, like, maybe I'll pick up dog poop.

This is my expectation. Bullshit "deal", Ds don't budge, Rs try to flip the script and say now Ds are really the ones not trying to make a deal