ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
National emergency incoming?

@realDonaldTrump I will be making a major announcement concerning the Humanitarian Crisis on our Southern Border, and the Shutdown, tomorrow afternoon at 3 P.M., live from the @WhiteHouse.

source.gif

EDIT: Maybe not?

Last edited:

Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if it'll be any more substantive than the last "major announcement" which just wasted everyone's time.

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

@MajorCBS 15m15 minutes ago More Two seniors sources tell me @realDonaldTrump will not announce national emergency in Saturday address; will outline what WH believes could be path to end #govermentshutdown No details on proposal; unclear if discussed w/top Dems. 1-2

@MajorCBS 11m11 minutes ago More 2-2 Awarness of economic consequences & disruptions of #governmentshutdown increasing inside WH; @realDonaldTrump still adamant #borderwallfunding ; Sat proposal in part shaped by Thursday convos between @senatemajldr @VP & J. Kushner In end, might be small steps, not b-through

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
The only announcement he could make that I would give a fuck about is 'I quit.' Otherwise, he can go fuck himself. (Even then, he can go fuck himself.)

stew

Dec 2, 2017
After what happened yesterday with the Buzzfeed report, I could see him declaring national emergency. Maybe not right now, but something like "if the Dems don't agree to give me the 5 billion within 4 weeks, I will end the shutdown and declare national emergency".

KarmaCow

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see what the brain trust of Trump, McConnell, Jared, and Pence come up with.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
ah so mush mouth is gunna yammer for 30 minutes and try to hold back his nasal drip as he bludgeons the english language?

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I'm honestly not expecting anything except a repeat of the last speech. "Illegal immigrants bring in drugs and murder people. Build the wall!"

Oct 25, 2017

@MajorCBS 15m15 minutes ago More Two seniors sources tell me @realDonaldTrump will not announce national emergency in Saturday address; will outline what WH believes could be path to end #govermentshutdown No details on proposal; unclear if discussed w/top Dems. 1-2

@MajorCBS 11m11 minutes ago More 2-2 Awarness of economic consequences & disruptions of #governmentshutdown increasing inside WH; @realDonaldTrump still adamant #borderwallfunding ; Sat proposal in part shaped by Thursday convos between @senatemajldr @VP & J. Kushner In end, might be small steps, not b-through

Sounds like the plan here is to try and push a plan hard out into the public, mumble incessantly to try and make it sound reasonable, and then attempt to weaponize it against the Dems when they don't bite?

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Looking at that update it sounds as if he is gonna come out and lay out a plan that his base is gonna love and that the Dems are gonna hate.

That way when the Dems continue to refuse the Wall Trump can hold his hands up and say to his base "look guys not my fault. I tried!"

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
man why the fuck is he capitalizing random words. Just fuck off dude

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
how many evil foreigners are gonna kill us with hammers this time?

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
Fast food stamps but only if you work for free.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yet again, this is Trump trying to control the media cycle. He is trying to distract and move on from the Cohen shit. It's what he's been doing this entire presidency and it's frustrating the media just keeps jumping on board and broadcasting it.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see what they can offer that will change minds. But if those tweets are to be believed it means he knows and the WH knows the longer this goes on the more programs will be hindered and people won't be paid.