Oct 25, 2017
Guy 1: "Let's bring back slavery!"

Guy 2: "Okay!"

Guy 3: "Wait we can't, there are STATUES everywhere!"

And that's how America avoided slavery

DRock

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume his stupid ass was trying to quote "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.", but fuck him.

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
I wish it were November so we could end this game. I'm tired of playing it.

Trump and his lapdogs will only spin some horrible defense of his words and claim that they were misconstrued, cue the endless debates about what he really meant and republicans siting on their hands.

The relentlessness of this all is beyond depressing. Don't bother asking him or his people what he meant by this. We know who he was before he took office.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
This insistence by conservatives that the only way to know history is to have statues up you never look at or care about is tiresome.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
JFC. That's quite a threat. How long until he just starts saying "vote for me or you're dead"?

ok so what are the odds he turns into a frothing lunatic during one of the debates? I fully expect him to say some real shit, not even thinly-veiled threats or dog whistles.

Barbarossa

Oct 30, 2017
There's no way a tape of him saying the n-word doesn't come out before the election at this rate.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure he's going for a "if we don't remember we're doomed to repeat it" type deal.

But these statues are glorified. Not scrawled in textbooks as the dark ages of history like the Nazis and shit, but glorified fucking things that people have to walk by every day. He has also proven himself to be a white supremacist, so he has no fucking room at all to say anything like this period without people shredding him up for it.

Also fucking lol at him saying "I like the idea of building new statues for people that have done great things". You fucking know he's implying he wants them to build a statue of him. The best you're gonna get is a dark splotch in the history books of this country fuck face

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
"Our heritage". The same dog whistle than all those neo confederate racists.

Also:

"the beauty, the artistic beauty. Some of the sculptures and some of this work is some of the great — you can go to France, you can go anywhere in the world and you will never see more magnificent work. And that's a factor. It's not the biggest factor but it's a factor. "

The Louvre may have something to say about this LMAO

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
Slavery is banned? Just "duly convict" all the black people and you have yourself legal slavery again. It's not like it's not going on right now.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
That we shouldn't ignore how dangerous words like Trump's are just because we have the 13th amendment?

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
"Our heritage". The same dog whistle than all those neo confederate racists.

Also:

"the beauty, the artistic beauty. Some of the sculptures and some of this work is some of the great — you can go to France, you can go anywhere in the world and you will never see more magnificent work. And that's a factor. It's not the biggest factor but it's a factor. "

The Louvre may have something to say about this LMAO
The dumb part being most of the statues are garbage. Cheap mass produced crap. Casting some asshole in bronze doesn't make it history.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Apparently this dumb fuck don't know the symbolism between monuments and history. Tear all the statues down and there is still considerable history to be learned in MUSEUMS.... where the fuck they belong.

It's also important to replace said statues with ones that's actually meaningful to EVERYONE! Not just racist traitors and their white nationalist ancestors.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
His new election strategy is complete, overt racism. See his BLM statement. See his recent tweet on the Chinese virus. See his 'white power' tweet. This is all from the last few days.

El Bombastico

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say after the mask thing today was Trump being One Step Forward, Two Steps Back, but let's be honest, with this bullshit, its more like Half a Shuffle Forward, then Sprinting All the Way Back Home.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
... U wot, m8?

Going to be... interesting seeing how his latest WH press mouthpiece tries to downplay this.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone should create a 'Proverbs by Donald' algorithm that takes common, easily understood proverbs and puts them through his racist fuck transmuting.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Books? Never heard of em. I get my history lessons from statues at the park and bottles of syrup.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
He clearly had a talking point that was based off Santayana's "those who can't remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

But he lacks the intelligence to not realize why that's not an appropriate response for the subject at hand.