• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
I live 50 minutes away from Muskegon and cases are spiking like crazy here and I just tested positive today (girlfriend got it from someone at work). He can fuck off with all of this and I hope he rots in hell. Also tons of schools here are already able to open if they want to, dipshit mcpisspants probably is too fucking stupid to know that already.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
People should stop aiming just at Trump and aim at the entire Republican party. They support him, they enable him and they gladly let all of this happen because they believe it keeps them in power and makes them money. The faster the entire Republican party gets treated as a terrorist organization instead of a legitimate political party the better.

Chindogg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
For what? For initiating COVID regulations you didn't like? Daring to criticize your God Emperor? Full fascism on display.

From I've researched, Michigan's loosened up on COVID restrictions with the sole exception of mask-wearing? Heck, I was just reading up on how there's 80 potential school outbreaks in the state alone.

Basically Republicans sued to remove Whitmer's emergency powers regarding all of her executive orders including mask wearing. They won along party lines (which btw are up for reelection this year and probably will become Dem majority based on polling.) So now you have this weird argument over what'd exactly legal vs what's not since the department of health and human services put up basically the same regulations but not under Whitmer's orders.

Now you have the secretary of state banning guns from polling stations due to intimidation and your typical 2A asshats are suing to repeal that because muh guns despite there being a very real threat of proud boys intimidating voters at the polls.

It's a total shit show and I really want to punch the majority leader in the state legislature in the face with a razor wire wrapped boxing glove.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Bitch would be hiding in his bunker if the same shit happened to him.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017

Can't even imagine dealing with this shit. There's lots of nonsense these fucking bigots get up to that is under the line of criminality and that fount of abuse will not stop even if Trump decided to never say her name again which makes the fact that he's deliberately enabling all the more sickening. She should absolutely look into any legal recourse she might have against this fucker.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
1-D3-D006-F-59-DD-4882-8-A10-A27511-A8-DB43.jpg

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Disgusting, and it will backfire. Despite what the nutsos might think, she is very popular here.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Just send me into cryofreeze until November 3rd

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
And people were tut tutting the wish for his demise. The dude is dangerous.
"I-I can't believe... *starts shaking like a nervous chihuahua* ... how DISTURBING people are to wish DEATH on Trump. *clutches pearls* T-this is just s-so GROSS and inhumane! You people NEED HELP!!" *the holier-than-thou go slinkin' away into the darkness*.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
lol @ the Fox News Headline at the bottom of the tweet

Yes, the militant left who totally *checks notes* were the ones responsible for attempting to kidnap the governor??????

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
They never even locked up the original "culprit". Even if you're some deranged true believer you have to admit by now that this oaf isn't delivering the goods.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Michigan resident here, Whitmer genuinely feels like a hero with how she handled the virus response so far. That she's getting death threats and the president is inciting those threats due to her keeping my community and others safe is enough to get my blood boiling.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
The FBI is going to need to go hard after domestic terrorist groups after the election - they all need to be disarmed and jailed.

(Also, I know you can't really do anything about it because of the First Amendment, but QAnon propaganda should be treated exactly the same way that Germans treat Nazis - spread it or promote it, and you go to jail. Sadly, I'm not sure if it's even possible to deprogram all the QAnon morons at this point, but we can at least try to stop the spread.)

Oct 27, 2017
The FBI is going to need to go hard after domestic terrorist groups after the election - they all need to be disarmed and jailed.

(Also, I know you can't really do anything about it because of the First Amendment, but QAnon propaganda should be treated exactly the same way that Germans treat Nazis - spread it or promote it, and you go to jail. Sadly, I'm not sure if it's even possible to deprogram all the QAnon morons at this point, but we can at least try to stop the spread.)
Law enforcement is largely aligned with the psychotic militia movement.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Law enforcement is largely aligned with the psychotic militia movement.
Law enforcement that doesn't comply, ROUND THEM UP and LOCK THEM UP! Investigate them, especially the ones with obvious ties to domestic terror groups (KKK, neo-nazis, proud boys, Q,...). It might also go away in helping police reform. Get them UP AND OUT of there, strip them of their job and of their power. It's time for America to treat these fuckers like the racist, nutso terrorist filth they are.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
The POTUS is agreeing that a responsible politician that saved countless lives should be locked up.

The man is a demented lunatic. Get him the fuck out of there in a few weeks. Please!

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Time is running out for Donald Trump. The nearer to his day of reckoning, the more desperate this man becomes. Either he incites his brownshirts to insurrectionary action to scuttle the election, or he's done for. The man is running scared.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe some folks were accusing HER of politicizing her own kidnapping attempt.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
People in power need to speak up against this dude and call it what it is. Biden should push this at hat debate. Fuck this man

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
That poor governor. She shouldn't have to deal with this, after trying to stop COVID spread in MI.

This stupid rally and speech wouldn't have happened if he was still in hospital trying to recover from a bad case of COVID :(

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Huh. Muskegon actually went to Hillary last time. Otherwise the rest of all the counties around there are super deep red. The signs/flags when I was around there last weekend were all Trump/Pence.

I was there last week and was surprised to see a decent number of Biden signs in North Muskegon, was super Reagan territory when I grew up there. Still more Trump signs, but in the 80s there would be only token Democrat signs if any.

Even more anecdotal evidence, most of my HS fb connections have trended more liberal over time. It's the epitome of the college/non college divide I suppose.

Jabronium

Oct 26, 2017
In all my time here in MI (3 years in Midland, 10 in Farmington) I've never understood why there's such a huge right wing presence across the state. This is sickening and unsurprising.

Further information and donation links for Michigan Supreme Court seats.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.freep.com

Trump downplays plot against Whitmer at Michigan rally, crowd chants 'lock her up'

The president said he guessed Whitmer was threatened and suggested federal law enforcement should spend more time investigating left-wing groups.

President Donald Trump, speaking at a Michigan rally a week after law enforcement revealed an alleged plot to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, seemed to downplay the threat to her as those at the event chanted "lock her up" on at least two occasions. Fourteen people have been charged in the alleged plot to kidnap Whitmer, who, according to charging documents was described as a "tyrant" by some of the alleged plotters. Whitmer came under attack by critics and Trump for putting in place strict restrictions at the height of the coronavirus outbreak in order to slow the spread.

At Saturday's rally at Muskegon County Airport in west Michigan, Trump reiterated his criticism of Whitmer and her handling of the virus, saying, "You've got to get your governor to open up your state, OK?" The enthusiastic crowd responded by chanting "lock her up," a refrain that Trump used in regards to another woman, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, his Democratic rival in 2016.

On Saturday, when the crowd took up the chant, Trump laughed and responded, "Lock them all up." Later in the 1 1/2-hour-long speech, Trump again criticized the governor, saying Michigan is "locked up, locked down and closed up for business," even though many of the toughest restrictions have been loosened for months. The crowd then again began to chant, "Lock her up."

Trump again on Saturday, rather than denouncing any such groups — or the plot against Whitmer — immediately pivoted to say that federal law enforcement should spend more time investigating "Antifa" and other left-wing movements that have been linked to violence. "Our FBI has to start looking at Antifa and some people they are not looking at the way they should be," he said, as if to suggest its time was better spent there.

"You gotta get your governor to open up your state," said President Donald Trump during a campaign rally in Muskegon Saturday. To which the crowd began chanting "Lock her up!" The president did not intervene. He's instead heard saying, "Lock them all up."

Governor Gretchen Whitmer took to social media to call out the president for his remarks. "This is exactly the rhetoric that has put me, my family, and other government officials' lives in danger while we try to save the lives of our fellow Americans," the governor wrote. "It needs to stop."

This is exactly the rhetoric that has put me, my family, and other government officials' lives in danger while we try to save the lives of our fellow Americans. It needs to stop.

The governor's deputy digital director took to Twitter attesting to "violent rhetoric" toward Whitmer escalating online "[e]very single time the President does this at a rally."

I am the Governor's Deputy Digital Director. I see everything that is said about and to her online. Every single time the President does this at a rally, the violent rhetoric towards her immediately escalates on social media.

It has to stop. It just has to.

Just fuck Trump. Fuck him. Not even a shred of decency in this man.

Our Governor (I'm a Michigander) just had an assassination plot against her foiled and instead of displaying even the slightest thread, even the slightest thread, he continues his abhorrent behavior and errupts in "Lock her up" chants against her not once, but TWICE during the same rally!

Just fuck Trump. Fuck everything about that man.

I hope he loses not just the election but obviously our state of Michigan in particular and while signs are certainly positive on that front, I'm certainly taking no chances, and both my family and I made sure our absentee ballots were dropped off at our city clerk's like the day after we got them.

And of course I hope not just that he loses, but that his Republican cronies in the Senate lose their seats as well for either just meekly standing by him and doing absolutely nothing or even outright defending his nonsense at times, which naturally means I hope Gary Peters holds on to his seat in the Senate as well and holds down the fort for Democrats here in Michigan.

And not only that. Not only that.

Since, well, no doubt Trump's hatred of Whitmer is at least partially deeply seated in him being a misogynistic, sexist piece of trash who's scared of tough women like her, but since he brought up the coronavirus in his attacks against her, when she was only doing her best to keep Michiganders safe with her emergency orders on the pandemic and the like, as she continues to try to her best to do, speaking of Republican-god-awfulness, the currently Republican-majority State Supreme Court recently struck down much of Whitmer's emergency order.

So in addition to it being the natural right thing to do regardless, which it is, to spite Trump and all his anti-scientific, coronavirus-spreading, pandemic worsening heinous nonsense this is one more reason on top of all that, that, for all Michiganders (or anyone who has a friend or relative or knows anyone in Michigan who hasn't voted yet), remember that the state Supreme Court is on the ballot &, despite it being nominally non-partisan to vote for McCormack & Welch to help ensure vile rulings like the one against Whitmer's COVID-19 measures don't continue, as despite being nominally non-partisan on the ballot itself, McCormack and Welch are the two candidates backed by the Democratic Party.

Just remember: the candidates whose names sound like spices/food. Pass the word!

Or pass/use this little jingle to help there, which has much the same idea, and help make sure not just Trump but that as many of his Republican buddies who couldn't give the slightest fuck about the pandemic and the thousands upon thousands it's killed and impacted in so many other ways, are shown the door this November:

www.youtube.com

McCormack and Welch - Jingle

Chief Justice Bridget Mary McCormack and Attorney Elizabeth M. Welch are running for Michigan Supreme Court.

But point being, fuck Trump, and I hope both him and as many of his cronies/the GOP lose in general, because this is far, far beyond heinous, vile, and completely unacceptable and beneath even the lowest standards of decency at this point.

Just please let him and the GOP lose, and lose big this November. Please.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
The republican party should be fucking banned.
I don't care how difficult or how long it would take.
Just like the nazis, the whole party should be gone.
There is nothing worth salvaging.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
When Trump loses (please God) , remember that all the psychos that supported him and are ready to die for him will still be living next to you, working in the same office as yours and will be basically be all around you. This country is really scary

Deleted member 283

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did miss that, and understand if my thread is locked, but it would be a shame, since mine is way more informative than the initial thread and had reactions from the Governor and her deputy digital director and the like that the original thread on this doesn't. So I do understand if mine gets locked then, I implore that's taken into consideration and an exception is granted along those lines.

Because yeah, that thread just seems to be about Trump's initial heinous actions, while none provides a bit of context on the background of all this for those not familiar, the plotbti kidnap and assassinate the Governor, provides context that Trump did this not just once but multiple times during the same rally, and provides direct reactions from Whitmer and her administration, and suggests various courses of action people can take right in the OP.
So I hope that's taken into consideration here, in this particular case.

Deleted member 283

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whitmer was just on Chuck Todd's show about this earlier this morning:

Whitmer on Trump inciting "lock her up!" chants toward her: "It's incredibly disturbing that 10 days after a plot to kidnap, put me on trial & execute me, 10 days after that was uncovered, POTUS is at it again & inspiring ... domestic terrorism."