Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
This is the single most blatant example I can think of so far from this or any other administration in recent memory of federal overreach and tyranny at the expense of state rights. Perhaps even since Lincoln ordered the suspension of habeus corpus (which was during a civil war!). And still, Conservatives see nothing wrong with this.

The Conservative soul is a black hole, and the Conservative mind is an abomination of all concept of logic, reason, and cognition.

Conservatism as it used to exist is long dead. You might say the current state is it's naturally evolved state but they tossed out the sane people a long time ago.

Instead it's been replaced by a bunch of paleolibertarians and Christian Dominionists who will just pillage the US for money for greed or religious reasons or both.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hope people aren't surprised that Republicans stand for nothing except "owning the libs".

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Whew, wouldn't be right if we went even one day without the "President" of the United States and his administration doing something super illegal that has a high probability of getting people killed.

But damn, they sure pulled through at the last minute.

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
how does it work when the Federal government is confiscating PPEs

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Big Business wants things open now because they are running against the clock. The CDC has already stated they expect America will likely have to implement stay at home policies again to some degree this fall when the Virus spikes due to the seasonal changes. Until a Vaccine is found there is going to be a racing of the clock between spikes for Business to exploit workers as much as possible.

UltimusXI

Oct 27, 2017
How do pro life organizations / supporters respond to this? I'm sure they'll be very critical of the GOP because of all of the extra deaths, right? Yes I know they won't be, but still: Have any of them at all been vocal about this?

jokingbird

Oct 25, 2017
How do pro life organizations / supporters respond to this? I'm sure they'll be very critical of the GOP because of all of the extra deaths, right? Yes I know they won't be, but still: Have any of them at all been vocal about this?

Pro life only applies to birth. Once they are born it is all part of god's plan when they die.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Because the term "pro-life" a disingenuous misnomer. It really means "anti-abortion", they literally don't care what happens to the child as soon as it leaves the mothers body.

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
Welp, don't forget to vote in November!

He doesn't want the responsibility but all the glory for flattening the curve and opening the economy. And I can see how people can fall for it.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Even if his cronies reopen their states, as plenty of people point out the lockdown doesn't end until the people say it does because if everybody's still terrified of going outside and buying stuff you're not restarting the economy anyway.

The underlying Christian doctrine is that unbaptized children go straight to hell because of the original sin (despite Jesus dying to forgive that one), once baptized the best thing that can happen to a Christian is death because life is suffering and death is salvation. The only restriction is "thou shalt not kill" but nobody's saying anything about not preventing people from dying. So if you're into apocalyptic versions of Christianity then diseases are perfect, killing everybody without anybody having to sin to kill them.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

Its Pro Birth/Anti Women's Autonomy. They don't give a fucking shit about those kids once they're out of their moth. Just look at how they've gone out of their way to destroy and devalue any kind of system or organization that actually intends to help children in some fashion.

Oct 26, 2017
I know it's justified given the context of the situation, but I find it funny how much Dems care about states' rights now