Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
www.cnn.com

Inauguration Day and the US Capitol: Latest news

President-elect Joe Biden prepares for his inauguration tomorrow as President Trump enters his final full day of office. DC and states across the country have bolstered security ahead of Inauguration Day. Follow here for the latest.

President Trump is expected to release a video farewell message on his last full day as President.
The video, set to release at 4 p.m. ET, is expected to strike more of a conciliatory tone than more recent messages from Trump.
"This week, we inaugurate a new administration and pray for its success in keeping America safe and prosperous," he says in the video, according to excerpts released by the White House. "We did what we came here to do – and so much more."
He describes his accomplishments and says he worked arduously for the American people, framing his presidency as one that championed the forgotten while making no apologies for his brazen approach to politics.
"America is not a timid nation of tame souls who need to be sheltered and protected from those with whom we disagree," he says.
He touts having not started any new foreign wars and adopting a tough stance on China. And he takes credit for a resurgent US economy, even though it has slowed during the coronavirus pandemic.

"I took on the tough battles, the hardest fights, the most difficult choices – because that's what you elected me to do," he says.
The excerpts make no mention of Biden, but do allude to the violence at the Capitol earlier this month.

"All Americans were horrified by the assault on our Capitol. Political violence is an attack on everything we cherish as Americans. It can never be tolerated," he says. "Now, as I prepare to hand power over to a new administration at noon on Wednesday, I want you to know that the movement we started is only just beginning."

The President, who hasn't left the White House or been seen in public for a week, recorded the message late Monday with a skeleton staff. Unlike most of his predecessors in the television era, a live prime-time farewell address attempting to burnish what has become a badly tarnished legacy is no longer in the cards.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Here is the video but I can't be assed to watch 20 minutes of this man spew lies.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
God. I can't wait not to hear this fucking voice anymore.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
We had great relationship with China annd then the China virus happened and it went south.

Hmm I wonder why that happened?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
tenor.gif

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
"We made America Great Again" by making it more divided than ever; by propping up and empowering lies; by downplaying or straight up ignoring urgent life-and-death challenges presented to us over the last few years and letting the economy slip and start a fatal fall with all of the uncertainty and lack of leadership (and watch me blame it on the next guy lol!)

But at the end of the day, a mixture of incredibly toxic and incredibly stupid people stormed the capitol chanting my name so seems ok to me.

What a crock of absolute toxic shit.

Made America fall halfway down its own sword and leaving others the job of surviving that ordeal and making a comeback. Wonderfully trashy.

Oct 25, 2017
Good lord what a bellend. It must fucking kill him that the only people who will give him a send off at Joint Base Andrews are the great unwashed and his family. I can't tell which one of those he hates more.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't bothered to willingly watch any Trump video longer than a minute in god knows how long, and I ain't about to start now with a 20 minute one

Goodbye and good riddance you evil fuck

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
That mother fucker has never said "whom" in any conversation ever. Lol at that being in the speech and saying they made america great as we cross 400,000 dead... fuck off you Cheeto colored troglodyte.

Jager

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah, this isn't him.

They found that suit that Sacha Baron Cohen used in Borat Subsequent Moviefilm.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Hasan is watching it on his stream.

Watching it that way.

This is less low energy than his last few speeches, but it's still weak.