Status
Not open for further replies.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
With the huge following he has...he could potentially make a killing with NTFs.

With that said, "Your greed sickens me."

Almost like the art is not only not the point but actually completely irrelevant isn't it?

Because unless you already have a huge social media presence...it's going to be quanity over quality to make decent money with NFTs. That's why you usually see AI generated art or a simple piece that has hundreds of different palette swaps.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
This guy has the thinnest skin ever so I'm interested in just what shit he's going to come back with, although I might have already missed it

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why people hate NFT. They can be a very good thing when used well, and a fantastic thing for digital content creators.

That's as stupid as hating knives because you can use them to kill people.

So please era, don't hate NFT, but hate the people who make bad things with them.

We're in a climate emergency. This stuff doesn't help.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Replies to his tweet are funny, guess he forgot to turn off comments. Nice to see some small to big content creators on there sharing their disappointment.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know much about the energy concerns regarding NFTs as I'm not read up on the current technology, where it is heading, how close we are to bringing the impact down to a reasonable
point (might already be there for all I know).

It seems to be a pretty ridiculous idea in general for images and things that can be copied and saved regardless, and seems ripe for taking advantage of gullable people.

The fact that most of the transactions move between a very small percent of the community to artificially drive up value is also scummy.

The potential to create artificial scarcity WILL be exploited. The industry already went all with MTs, lootboxes, season passes, etc... this will be a potential dream come true for them.

There might be some potentially good applications of this tech, but it seems pretty obviously ripe for a lot of bullshit too.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Not surprised voice actors are getting sucked in to the "promise" of NFTs, because Troy probably sees some future where he "owns" and controls his VA performances independent of the games he's hired to VA for, and make millions in the process. Will it work out that way? Almost certainly not.

NFTs are a big stupid internet gold rush. A few people will probably make a bunch of money, and many more will be left holding worthless electronic receipts saying they own a thing they don't actually own.

The fact that the industry itself is relentlessly pushing this NFT/metaverse bullshit all of a sudden while actual players hate it, should tell you all you need to know about who this actually benefits.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I mean he's just trying to accelerate the climate crisis so we can all appreciate the genius of his performance in Last of Us by living it for real

Do you guys just not get this? I guess you aren't artists or something, just critics. pfff

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
This is getting stupid. All these non-tech savvy people trying to scam people with jargon, and now they're even getting voice actors.
I'll choose hate and maybe Troy should re-evaluate his choice too.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
On the positive side i hope i won't hear this greedy cunt in video games published and developed by people with still some integrity left.... because imbeciles and other scams will provide him with an easy revenue stream and he wont have to seek any legitimate work in the industry.

What happened to people last few months? No fucking shame at all, stupidity and greed everywhere. This is so fucking depressing.

Yahsper

Oct 29, 2017
I didn't say that NFTs are Bitcoins, I tried to say that they use the same methodology, blockchain. And blockchain is a bunch of computers working together.
Also, thanks about the companies thing. I'll change companies to creators. That would be more correct. But that doesn't change the problem of the NFT sustainability and validity in the future.

Edit: I edited the previous post to try to make it more clear, sorry.
Blockchains don't all work with the same methodology though. You can run a proof-of-stake network on a bunch of raspberry pi's. Blockchain uses so much energy because it needs to work hard and long hours to decrypt. There's no decrypting on proof-of-stake, just validating. For instance, Ethereum's switch to proof-of-stake would mean an estimated 99,95% drop in energy consumption. And Ethereum is currently the only chain running NFT's that is still on proof-of-work.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
the great thing about NFT accounts is they all read like parodies of NFT accounts

I was gonna say, all of these NFT accounts all talk like a bunch of teenagers trying to parody something instead of a company giving you a sales pitch, the way it's all written, all these spelling errors and autocorrects. It all would have been hilarious if it wasn't harmful and people woudn't fall for it.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Every tweet posted in this thread from that company he's shilling for looks like an AI typed it.

Dec 2, 2021
I for one, am absolutely stunned that all around piece of shit Troy Baker would do something like this. Not from the guy that shilled for Konami and caped for them not paying the original cast, including outright lying about the situation
You never bash your employers. You never bash the people who gave you a huge leg up no matter what they've done or what you feel that they've done. But the fact that he's talking about residuals being in videogames shows you just how out of the loop he is because residuals don't happen. They don't exist.

So it's not that Konami wasn't willing to pay them, he (Guy) wanted residuals, he wanted non-existent money that he felt that he was owed. So Konami has no fault in this whatsoever. And they wanted to use him again. Guy was the one who was outspoken about it and said that unless this happens he wouldn't do it, so he forced Konami's hands. So if anybody wants to blame anybody for why they chose new voices, they can go back to the original James and he's the one to blame.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow that tweet... Totally knows what he's doing and knows he's on the wrong side.

Also everyone should just ignore the crypto Bros, they have a well known tactic on here of playing dumb for multiple posts until people start to lose patience with them, and then they report your posts and you get banned and the negative thread closed. Check any previous NFT thread for examples... It's like clockwork.
I'll be honest here I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if ERA were to announce an "ERACOIN" or NFT Avatars or something in the next few months. It'd explain a lot about the… "protected" status of cryptobros here.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
The replies to his tweet are something else. Fucking wild to see, as far as I can tell universal negative response to it. Like damn. Can't find any replies of folks that are into it.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
His choice of words clearly pre-assumes a backlash and he willingly took that on. There's no misunderstanding here and I feel sorry for the good people who have previous or current associations with him and his work.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dude's getting hardcore ratio'd. Glad to see the pushback is this strong.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Blockchains don't all work with the same methodology though. You can run a proof-of-stake network on a bunch of raspberry pi's. Blockchain uses so much energy because it needs to work hard and long hours to decrypt. There's no decrypting on proof-of-stake, just validating. For instance, Ethereum's switch to proof-of-stake would mean an estimated 99,95% drop in energy consumption. And Ethereum is currently the only chain running NFT's that is still on proof-of-work.
I'll take a look at some of these proof-of-stake you say, but right now I'll maintain my position about the blockchain energy consumption. If I'm wrong or outdated, I'll glady return here and edit my message.

Oct 27, 2017
to explore ways where together we might bring new tools to new creators to make new things, and allow everyone a chance to own & invest in the IP's they create.
This sounds like the kid that didn't read the book trying to give an explanation of it in front of class.

Spinning this is some sort of pro-artist creative endeavor instead of a profiteering scheme is coming across as disingenuous. But I guess that makes me a hater.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Loving NFTs. It has been telling me exactly who the bullshit scammers who are willing to scam their audience are, and who aren't. No guessing required.

Nakadai

Jan 10, 2018
Let's face it. The man is pretty freaking talented (I also loved Retro Replay with him and Nolan) and had quite a run before the 2020's, but he's been too famous for too long, and, like many other celebrities, is becoming not only an ass, but a wackadoo one too.

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS

But Ethereum is the "dominant" chain with NFTs running proof of work. Like, the vast majority of NFTs are minted on Ethereum, either directly or as a layer on top of it.

And their switch to proof of stake has been pushed back again, and again, and again, and again.

Until the very moment that Ethereum is ACTUALLY proof of stake, it is still the poster child for the problem with crypto.

And this isn't even going into how proof of stake is problematic in and of itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.