Oct 27, 2017
A friend gave me some coupons to Arby's (weird, I know), and I am kind of sick of pretty much all other fast food options so I thought I would give it a go. Man, was that a terrible decision.

I decided to get the brisket sandwich, curly fries, and jalapeno bites. To get the good out of the way, the curly fries were actually decent, although I burnt my tongue eating them so there's that.

Going up in terribleness, the jalapeno bites. How did they fry it in a way that the jalapeno is so hard? Why is it JUST cream cheese? I thought you were were supposed to mix the cream cheese in with cheddar or queso when making these. The cream cheese was cold too, but the jalapeno was hot? And the jalapeno would just fall out when I would take a bite, it didn't even feel like the ingredients were cooked together.

I already felt sick from that, but I decided to try tough it out and eat the sandwich; and even as I type this out four hours later, I'm still in pain. Again, the temperature of the sandwich didn't feel uniform? Which made everything feel sort of weird. The gouda cheese didn't taste anything like gouda? It also half white and half yellow which I feel like isn't gouda's usual color? The meat also felt wet, which I again ask, why? And the worst offender. There was mayo on the sandwich. What kind of person puts MAYO on a brisket? It wasn't even mentioned on the sandwich when I ordered it.

And now I have a colossal stomach ache, and will probably never return to Arby's.

Just thought I would share given that you all got a laugh out of my misfortunes when I tried White Castle for the first time.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I love going to Arby's but I never tried their Ham sandwiches, I always go for their Chicken sandwiches

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
Only thing I ever fuck with from Arby's is their Chicken Sandwich and their fries. They're alright.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing at Arby's worth it are their jamocha shakes.

I've never liked their food either and have always wondered how they managed to stay open past the 90s. Who is going to Arby's? Definitely bottom tier fast food, sorry you have a stomachache now, OP.

Smylie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oregon
Should have gotten their Meat Mountain.
ARB17_MeatMountain_silo-1024x1004.jpg

Seattle6418

Oct 25, 2017
Brasília Brazil
Yep, there are not that good. I got into it because of the "we have the meats" slogan, but the few things i´ve tried were pretty meh. Junk food is junk, so no surprises there, but when you can go to places like BK, Five Guys and Carl´s Jr, Arby´s trash food isn´t very appealing.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Speaking from experience, their Chicken Strips, Onion Rings, and Mozzarella Sticks are actually good.

Haven't touched anything else for good reason.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Their buffalo chicken sandwich is legitimately one of the great fast food chicken sandwiches.

Oct 27, 2017
Idk I thought the brisket was damn good for being fast food quality, but tbf I don't remember how my guts felt.

And yes the buffalo chicken sammich with peppercorn ranch is my go-to there.

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
arby's is fine.
the jalapeno things are just frozen things dumped in a fryer. so are the fries.
gouda is yellow on the outside and white on the inside.
meat is wet because it's more than half water.
you don't eat mayo on a thanksgiving turkey but you put it on a leftover turkey sandwich. expand your logical reasoning.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
OP, you fucked up. You gotta go with their mozzarella sticks, roast beef sandwiches, and fried chicken action. Their "brisket' is a farce.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry for your loss OP. I can't imagine anything worse than willingly choosing to eat at Arby's again. I did it once and realized that I had made a grave mistake

Oct 27, 2017
Arby's is fine, especially the Beef N' Cheddar and the Curly Fries. Horsey Sauce for both.
I rarely go there, though, because even with a coupon it's way too expensive for what it is.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
just get the normal roast beef with some horsey sauce and curly fries. it's not bad but it's not amazing, aka welcome to fast food

Apr 10, 2018
I *literally* do not understand the hate for Arby's. i'm not really a huge fast food guy, maybe have one of the big chains once a month and i think it's honestly pretty good. Just get the regular roast beef sandwich or the beef and cheddar u dingus

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Never understood the hate for Arby's tbh. It's always been pretty consistently solid when I go there. Then again I typically get a roast beef sandwich + onion rings or curly fries so that's hard to screw up. The Market Fresh sandwiches are good also though.

Bdub79

Oct 25, 2017
I love Arbies. There's bias though, I fix commercial food equipment and Arbies is by far (and I mean by a lot) the cleanest fast food kitchen I've ever been in.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Did you put Arby's sauce and Horsey sauce on everything?

I dunno, sounds like you didn't really do it right.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly have always thought it was pretty good, especially the ones with cheese.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
I recently ate Arby's for the first time since I was a kid. I didn't mind the food, but I was surprised to realize that their "roast beef" is obviously not normal roast beef if you've ever eaten actual roast beef.

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
It's definitely a YMMV chain. I don't get anything fancy unless I know it's a good Arby's.

I actually like just the basic-ass roast beef. Extremely simple. I used to get a Big Montana, and throw a few packets of Arby-Q on it, but I've scaled it back in recent years.

And their chicken sandwich is surprisingly decent.

Prince Abubu

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
United States
I have never in my life had jalapeño poppers with more than one kind of cheese inside. I've had them with different types of cheese, sure, but I don't know where this idea comes from that something is wrong if it doesn't have more than one at the same time.

If you don't like Arby's jalapeño poppers, I wonder if you even like jalapeño poppers. Because they're supposed to be junky fast food, so it's not like there's some gourmet standard out there that Arby's is deviating from.

And if you're physically ill from eating some fries and jalapeño poppers, that says a lot more about your sensitivity than the food you ate.

JudgeN

Oct 25, 2017
Their salted carmel cookies are god tier, should got dessert to make up for the brisket.