• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is exciting to think that we are just a couple weeks away from the Season 2 premiere of The Mandalorian. It is hard to imagine that just a year ago this show would be leading to a wider universe of shows on Disney+. Should we have expected anything different? No because "This is the way". Leading up to the upcoming season LRM have heard rumors of potential spin-off shows starring Ahsoka Tano, Boba Fett, and Ezra Bridger. It seems that we can add another potential project to be added to that list.

Our source at Lucasfilm has given us some new information. That there is a big push for Cara Dune, played by Gina Carano, to get her own spin-off series on Disney+.

UPDATE: Corey Van Dyke over at Kessel Run Transmissions has corroborated our Cara Dune scoop with the following tweet.

More at:

Disintegrate if old

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Damn. Even without the whole Covid denying and transphobia, the character really isn't that great to hold her own show. Good side character, but not much else.

I kind of worry about Lucasfilm trying to turn Star Wars into the MCU now...

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
She can't even act that well. She's 'fine' as Mando's friend delivering the occasional line, but yeah, no where near alluring enough for a spin-off show.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I mean even ignoring her political stances, she wasn't remotely good enough in S1 to justify a spinoff.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
title doesn't seem to match the article, shes not getting her own spin-off yet

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I passed on Roseanne even though I very much wanted to watch it and I will pass on this. I don't support bigotry in any form and Disney should read the damn room.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
giphy.gif

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Even putting the actor trash aside, ...why?

also, who are these people breaking this news? Seems like a random person says it's corroborated by another random person's Twitter? lol. Ok.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
"That there is a big push for Cara Dune, played by Gina Carano, to get her own spin-off series on Disney+."=/=confirmed spinoff

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Even without the whole Covid denying and transphobia, the character really isn't that great to hold her own show. Good side character, but not much else.

I kind of worry about Lucasfilm trying to turn Star Wars into the MCU now...

They so desperately wanted it to be, but virtually none of the content they've made since the buyout has even been Iron Man 1-level.

Most of it is worse than Thor 2.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds like a stupid idea even if you ignore her IRL views. She's not much of a character and her acting ability is not up to par for headlining a show. Unless season 2's writing is a massive step up I'm surprised this idea was even pitched.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
They so desperately wanted it to be, but virtually none of the content they've made since the buyout has even been Iron Man 1-level.

Most of it is worse than Thor 2.

I'm someone who actually likes the content from Lucasfilm, but I feel like Disney really needs to step in and exert some sort of control because I feel like the studio isn't really being handled all that well (and no, this isn't me hating on Kathleen Kennedy, it's just everything as a whole).

I would love an MCU style star wars though if we get an Old Republic show/movie saga. I honestly feel like a child friendly Game of Thrones esque Old Republic show would be huge

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Now obviously, this isn't confirmed yet...

...but it wouldn't surprise me with Disney at this point.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck. She needs to be demonized to hell and back for the rest of her career.

Seriously, fuck Disney.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Even as a vague idea being floated around it's garbage, launch whoever thought a show about Cara would be a good idea into the sun. Not even getting into Gina's personal shit, Cara is not a character that can carry a show.

Someone stop LF.

Rick44-4

Oct 8, 2020
Wow, she's gone to the ash ketchum school of being a prick, gotta find all the ways to be a dick.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
regardless of her being a terrible person, she's a really bad actress

at least this means she is off the mandalorian

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
If this happens I can finally be on the other side of the fandom and hope this shit burns down.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't seem confirmed yet...? The tweet literally includes a question mark.

I was more hoping that her recent vocal ignorance was due to her being written out of the Mandalorian and not being bound by Disney anymore.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really doubt this ever gets made. MAYBE she gets into a spinoff where she's a part of the cast, but there's no way anyone is considering making her barely acting ass the focus of 12 hours of TV a decade after Hollywood tried to make her a star and failed.

If Stephen Soderbergh can't make a movie around you any good, nobody can.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not even taking into account her real world opinions, her character was one of the most grating and annoying characters in season 1. That character would need to do a full 180 for this to be even close to a good idea for a show.

Also, again, she's terrible in real life. Zero desire to watch this.

Status
Not open for further replies.