• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
The problem I usually have when I see stores stocked like that is that they are usually super expensive, like way more expensive than just buying online, which I guess makes sense but also makes me hesitant to frequent them too often. But I still have fond memories of places like Pony Toy Go Round in Little Tokyo/Yaohan plaza of LA.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The problem I usually have when I see stores stocked like that is that they are usually super expensive, like way more expensive than just buying online, which I guess makes sense but also makes me hesitant to frequent them too often. But I still have fond memories of places like Pony Toy Go Round in Little Tokyo/Yaohan plaza of LA.

Before Transformers launched there was a place in downtown San Diego that had Diaclone stuff for cheap. No idea what it was called.
And then the first Dinobots I saw were import ones in a different store in Seaport Village.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon has shipped my SS86 Perceptor. Really hard to find in stock here, good thing they are still taking orders at regular price.

BBTS has finally shipped my Windblade kit. Amazon cancelled on me months ago, wasn't sure I was going to get it.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I hate AOE but it's pretty impressive they managed to do a solid version of that design, considering the CG model morphs instead of transforming. Surprisingly minimal kibble in robot mode.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
So, if you're in Canada and you're looking to buy from a Canadian store, don't buy from Toynado.ca.

I've been buying various Skullcrunchers, but I was missing the Walmart "classics" or whatever one. I was hesitant about buying on eBay because of all the bootleg shit, so I was looking for Canadian options.

Toynado.ca did have the item in-stock (if a bit overpriced, but still about what I'd pay on eBay). The site seemed to be regularly updated with new products, and they have a Facebook presence (albeit with very low engagement) that seemed to have good reviews and indicate they had a presence at several local cons.

Long story short - they've either done a runner or were never legitimate. Eight days later and the order is still unfulfilled and they've been entirly unresponsive through all channels.

Upon closer inspection, the listed address for the "warehouse" is a self-storage facility. That's fair, maybe that's where they store their stock as a web-based business, or maybe they have a deal for some space or whatever.

Email? No response. Messenger? Message left unread. Comments on their FB posts? No response. The phone number on the site during office hours? Rings to a full voice-mail box each time.

Long story short: Don't be stupid like me and give these assholes any business.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
So, if you're in Canada and you're looking to buy from a Canadian store, don't buy from Toynado.ca.

I've been buying various Skullcrunchers, but I was missing the Walmart "classics" or whatever one. I was hesitant about buying on eBay because of all the bootleg shit, so I was looking for Canadian options.

Toynado.ca did have the item in-stock (if a bit overpriced, but still about what I'd pay on eBay). The site seemed to be regularly updated with new products, and they have a Facebook presence (albeit with very low engagement) that seemed to have good reviews and indicate they had a presence at several local cons.

Long story short - they've either done a runner or were never legitimate. Eight days later and the order is still unfulfilled and they've been entirly unresponsive through all channels.

Upon closer inspection, the listed address for the "warehouse" is a self-storage facility. That's fair, maybe that's where they store their stock as a web-based business, or maybe they have a deal for some space or whatever.

Email? No response. Messenger? Message left unread. Comments on their FB posts? No response. The phone number on the site during office hours? Rings to a full voice-mail box each time.

Judging from this page, they only have 1 bad review out of 400+... and it's from yesterday.
judge.me

Toynado | Reviews on Judge.me

Customers gave Toynado from Canada 4.9 out of 5 stars based on 1410 reviews. Browse customer photos and videos on Judge.me for 5602 products.
I wonder if they've really gone rogue or are going through some trouble.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Judging from this page, they only have 1 bad review out of 400+... and it's from yesterday.
judge.me

Toynado | Reviews on Judge.me

Customers gave Toynado from Canada 4.9 out of 5 stars based on 1410 reviews. Browse customer photos and videos on Judge.me for 5602 products.
I wonder if they've really gone rogue or are going through some trouble.

Actually, about an hour after I posted a comment on Facebook they finally read the Messenger comment and replied that everyone there had gotten Covid. :/

I can understand that those are the times we live in, but at the very least I wish they'd been a bit more proactive about it. They've been regularly updating Facebook and the store with new products each day, the very least they could have done was throw up a "we may be a bit late on shipping as we all have covid" post or banner or something.

Oh well. I kinda feel bad now. I'll still be ordering Fans Toys Chomp from somewhere a little closer to home, I think.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Got SS Perceptor in hand and indeed seems like just as much the basic bitch as the photos made him out to be.

Outside of proportions/ankles the TR one is better in almost every way.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Rumors are circulating that MP56 will be Masterpiece Trailbreaker.

K6mcwL2.jpg

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Yup. They do repaints too.

MP Inferno and Grapple look similar but Grapple uses around 60% new parts.

I imagine the same will be the case for Trailbreaker and Hoist

I'm sure they'll do Hoist and two or three other even more obscure versions. Diaclone colors, etc.

Thanks!

Hoist was my first Transformer, so I'm always down for a new one. If they do the purplish-blue Diaclone model I'll probably double-dip.

sophora

Oct 29, 2017
Got SS Perceptor in hand and indeed seems like just as much the basic bitch as the photos made him out to be.

Outside of proportions/ankles the TR one is better in almost every way.

Eh, I own both and find the studio series one, despite the plainness, is superior to the TR one. I cant articulate the head of the TR Perceptor to look up or down and lacks waist articulation. There isnt even any locking points for his arms so they can easily dangle down out of position. The only thing better about the TR one is how the microscope somewhat works.

Yoss

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

That sucks that you had a bad experience, it looks like you got a response from them eventually at least. I ordered a couple marvel legends action figures from them last year, they shipped the following day and arrived pretty quickly. I've also ordered from nmctoys.ca and had mixed results. The first order shipped quick. Then I spent 3 months trying to get a response about another order and only heard back after threatening a chargeback. They blamed me for using email instead of social media.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Trailbreaker is pretty high up my list of 84 bots and I don't have too many MP Autobots so I might pick him up.

SS86 Arcee (On the right. T30 and Earthrise to the left):

FSaQ1uBagAAoRZC

Doesn't seem "better" or "worse," just "bad in a different way" I guess.

Last edited:

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Trailbreaker is pretty high up my list of 84 bots and I don't have too many MP Autobots so I might pick him up.

SS86 Arcee (On the right. T30 and Earthrise to the left):

FSaQ1uBagAAoRZC

Doesn't seem "better" or "worse," just "bad in a different way" I guess.

At least they got rid of the weird "sexy belly" molding.

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I've got an order coming through to replace the UK Annuals I had as a kid. Whilst the exclusive comics were reprinted in the TPBs some years back, I wanted to go back and reread some of the written stories like The Magnificent Six again to see how they hold up.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
At least they got rid of the weird "sexy belly" molding.
It is an improvement but I don't like where they put the waist joint:

TT-001-1.jpg

Also the thighs are now hollow and the backpack is larger. Think I also prefer the ER head to the old one. At least it doesn't have the black joints that the western version of the T30 figure had.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I dunno, the backpack seems smaller to me (unless you take most of it off the Earthrise figure)? Still looks like the same basic "shove the robot under the car" transformation scheme so I'm a little surprised it's not just a repaint or something.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Swapping out the video since they were pulled, hopefully this stays up:

unknown.png

No knees but seems like an improvement in poseability over Voltron

Something I didn't think about but I thought it was a Lego thing to not want to do any military/guns stuff but I guess Optimus' laser cannon is a grey area. Probably shouldn't expect a Megatron I guess.

Last edited:

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Haha, looked like the video slipped through early.

I'm quite pleased it's G1 Optimus, but also sad that I'm now out two hundred bucks.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I still have my original Kre-o Optimus with the partsforming so this is a dream come true, but is this a bigger collaboration with Hasbro or a one time thing? I mean I know we'd never get a G1 Megatron for obvious reasons but I'd love for there to be more, and even less complex/cheaper sets.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I still have my original Kre-o Optimus with the partsforming so this is a dream come true, but is this a bigger collaboration with Hasbro or a one time thing? I mean I know we'd never get a G1 Megatron for obvious reasons but I'd love for there to be more, and even less complex/cheaper sets.

I will be very annoyed if we don't get a Grimlock out of this.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I will be very annoyed if we don't get a Grimlock out of this.
That would be amazing but I'd be afraid of the price, because the transformation while still not super complex is still way more complex than Optimus is. Though nothing like the origami magic that would have to be done for something like the seekers.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine you aren't getting any type of megatron outside of the t-rex ones. Or any of the other bots with military alt-modes.

Partsformer! Preorder cancelled, etc.

Last edited:

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It just seems like more of the online-only side stuff they have been doing for a few years. I assume someone is buying it because they keep doing it, but I've never really been interested.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Hasbro really is milking molds huh? Wreck and Rule Springer is more or less just a re-color.

Considering how fast the first version vanished I would hardly call two uses milking. In fact I'd gladly buy a third that was the normal cartoon colors with no battle damage on him.

The Impactor they're putting out in the Wreck and Rule line is the FOURTH version of that mold just for that same character, with a fifth use as the "Dome Guard" in the Siege line. And let's not even get into how many Siege Seekers they did.

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how fast the first version vanished I would hardly call two uses milking. In fact I'd gladly buy a third that was the normal cartoon colors with no battle damage on him.

The Impactor they're putting out in the Wreck and Rule line is the FOURTH version of that mold just for that same character, with a fifth use as the "Dome Guard" in the Siege line. And let's not even get into how many Siege Seekers they did.

I realized it's good if you're jumping in now and missed the last waves. Guess I'm still used to toys sitting on shelves for a while before retiring.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I was pretty disappointed that Voltron's legs didn't really do anything and were fixed in place.

I built decent sized poseable lego bots using parts that were available to me in the mid 90s, its a bit ridiculous to think they couldn't have something figured out now with all the funky stuff they've cooked up since then.

I don't mean to go on a Lego rant though.