Status
Not open for further replies.

preta

Oct 25, 2017
so how much playable is the original english translation? Do we understand everything from it or should i just wait for the edit?
It's garbage. It doesn't even count, really.

CS2 and 3 are heavily influenced by knowing Zero and Ao? Guess I'm stopping after I finish 3rd then
There's a sequence toward the very end of CS2 that will mean a lot more if you've played Zero and Ao and may be a bit confusing if you haven't, but the game does not otherwise require Zero/Ao knowledge. CS3 relies on it much more than 2 does.

Namyu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a sequence toward the very end of CS2 that will mean a lot more if you've played Zero and Ao and may be a bit confusing if you haven't, but the game does not otherwise require Zero/Ao knowledge. CS3 relies on it much more than 2 does.

Lame. Even if it's just a bit for the ending of CS2, CS3 relying heavily on it and no translation being finished for both Zero and Ao in sight makes me not want to bother with the current CS games.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lame. Even if it's just a bit for the ending of CS2, CS3 relying heavily on it and no translation being finished for both Zero and Ao in sight makes me not want to bother with the current CS games.
Honestly, right now, there's no reason to believe CS3 will be playable in English before Zero and Ao are.

As for CS2, it shouldn't be a dealbreaker at all, you'll just have a different perspective from people who started with the Crossbell games. I'd argue playing Sky the 3rd before the CS games could be more important than the crossbell games, and a lot of us managed just fine without that.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Honestly, right now, there's no reason to believe CS3 will be playable in English before Zero and Ao are.

As for CS2, it shouldn't be a dealbreaker at all, you'll just have a different perspective from people who started with the Crossbell games. I'd argue playing Sky the 3rd before the CS games could be more important than the crossbell games, and a lot of us managed just fine without that.

for zero i'm sure, but i doubt Ao will be translated before CS3 comes here! I hope i'm wrong though

Namyu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cold Steel 2 has been out in English for over a year now, you'd imagine CS3 would be getting a localization announcement sometime next year. Even if the Zero fan translation finishes in 2018 I doubt both Zero and Ao would be playable before it.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's garbage. It doesn't even count, really.

Its playable, but its not great

lucancel

Oct 30, 2017
Italy
If it comes translated by 2018 it will be my GOTY.

The new editing is improving the original translation , i am satisfied with that i see.
Can't wait to play it (if i manage to download the pc games since all the jp sites i see do not support english and it's indeed difficult to purchase something not knowing the kanji...)

Last edited:

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

Late 2019 is an optimistic guess for Ao based on how Zero is progressing. 2020 is more likely. No way CS3 takes that long.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Late 2019 is an optimistic guess for Ao based on how Zero is progressing. 2020 is more likely. No way CS3 takes that long.
I guess the pessimist in me doesn't expect CS3 before mid 2019. That was more a testament to this than anything else.
(And the fact you should never hold your breath for other entries before starting a game in the Kiseki series, what we have in English is already great)

varkuriru

Oct 28, 2017
One small detail that bothered me on the beta translation: Randy calls Tio "PeTiote". I dont know what that means lol.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Incredible work. I'll definitely wait for Azure before I touch CS3. With how passionate the whole team is, being patient is the least I could do.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I guess the pessimist in me doesn't expect CS3 before mid 2019. That was more a testament to this than anything else.
(And the fact you should never hold your breath for other entries before starting a game in the Kiseki series, what we have in English is already great)

I expect early 2019 for CS3. If XSEED was going to take nearly three years for it Falcom would probably get NISA it Aksys instead.

R_thanatos

Oct 27, 2017
Wat ched the 20min vid and goddamn i liked what i saw, almost make me want to jump in and start playing ..

But i'll wait .
To the team , do your best

Oct 31, 2017
there's someone who has been spending time on creating patches for all EVO assets on the PC releases of Trails in the Sky so it probably will be the same when these two games release as fan patch or official release

By EVO assets are you talking only about the full dub or do those versions include other things ?

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Cold Steel 2 has been out in English for over a year now, you'd imagine CS3 would be getting a localization announcement sometime next year. Even if the Zero fan translation finishes in 2018 I doubt both Zero and Ao would be playable before it.

This is pretty concerning to me.

While it seems like Xseed is pretty happy about the sales of the Cold Steel series in the West, it would not be a good idea to release Cold Steel 3 in 2019.

Namyu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty concerning to me.

While it seems like Xseed is pretty happy about the sales of the Cold Steel series in the West, it would not be a good idea to release Cold Steel 3 in 2019.

Yeah, like I said I'm just going to hold off on playing anything else in the series until Zero/Ao are in English (however that may be) after I finish 3rd.

Oct 25, 2017
shit its happening. hope its not too much of a pain to carry over my existing save I started on the other translation a few months ago.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
It's finally happening...March 14th

giphy.gif

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
It's great to see these finally come out. I already played through it with the previous translation but for anyone looking to get into this arc with a decent translation, this would be the way to do it. An official localization of the ps4 versions seems unlikely to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.