• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit guys, Deep Fakes are starting to get really real. Our future is going to be a nightmare.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Being half-drunk and in my bed seeing that trailer in a tablet before going to sleep, this is what i imagine an acid trip would look like.

Last edited:

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Oh man, we're in deep uncanny valley, people.

I thought the musical was alright, but this is legitimately disturbing.

Makes the Sonic movie look like LOTR in comparision.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those times where I think having people right in front of you wearing the makeup and costumes works a lot better as the spectacle all being right there for you makes it easier to consume. The movie experience I'm not sure will be as kind to this property even with a massive budget for the effects.

Oct 25, 2017
And I looked,
and behold a pale horse:
and his name that sat upon him was Death,
and Hell followed with him.
And power was given unto them
over the fourth part of the earth,
to kill with sword,
and with hunger,
and with the beasts
of the earth.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Not even a Judy Ian and Idris trifecta has a chance against the Corden and Swift. Ugh this is going to be everywhere isn't it.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Btw. I applaud Taylor Swift for getting her cat in heels while everyone else is barefoot

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

i understand how hard it is to get a cat to put on clothes but maybe this is a scenario where they should have tried?

Oct 26, 2017
Someone thought it would be a good idea to go with the uncanny valley anthropomorphic look.
Someone else also thought it was a good idea to not make it animated to help minimize the uncanny valley look.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Literally frightening. Like, I got body horror and uncanny valley in every bite.

My nightmare tank was empty and dry but now it overfloweth.

Jun 17, 2019
So how is it that the 1998 Tv showing of CATS looks so much better than this train wreck of a movie.

I mean...
mezzanine_963.jpg

Compare the above to the trailer. I mean why...why the hell not just put them in costumes if you're going to basically be putting them in digital costumes anyway?

Idris's McCavity looks good, Mephestoplolies looks okay, I'm glad to see the's wearing something of a magic suit, and Sir Ian and Dame Judi look okay.

What did they do to Jenifer Hudson though? I mean...Jeeze! At least the twins have their proper spots on them, but christ what is up with Jason's Rum Tum Tugger? Also glad to see our lead is good at Ballet, but it's not her story, she's only a small part of it, if anything it's more the story of Grizabella than it is of her.
Also, are they going to do the true ending or are they going to fudge it, and have just have her join the group of cast and not "kill her off and have her float away as in the show for a moment of reincarnation

Edit: Fixed Dame Judi's name

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tom Hooper still can't justify that Best Director Oscar, I see. This looks like a high budget musical version of The Room.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
So how is it that the 1998 Tv showing of CATS looks so much better than this train wreck of a movie.

I mean...
mezzanine_963.jpg

Compare the above to the trailer. I mean why...why the hell not just put them in costumes if you're going to basically be putting them in digital costumes anyway?

Idris's McCavity looks good, Mephestoplolies looks okay, I'm glad to see the's wearing something of a magic suit, and Sir Ian and Dame Judie look okay.

What did they do to Jenifer Hudson though? I mean...Jeeze! At least the twins have their proper spots on them, but christ what is up with Jason's Rum Tum Tugger? Also glad to see our lead is good at Ballet, but it's not her story, she's only a small part of it, if anything it's more the story of Grizabella than it is of her. Also, are they going to do the true ending or are they going to fudge it, and have just have her join the group of cast and not ?

Because there's a noticeable suspension of disbelief seeing actors wearing makeup and costumes that look like clothing on a stage compared to....whatever this movie is trying to accomplish.