berzeli

Oct 25, 2017

Over a single night, a tribe of cats called the Jellicles make what is known as "the Jellicle choice" and decide which cat will ascend to the Heaviside Layer and come back to a new life.

featuring an all star cast of Taylor Swift (Valentine's Day), Idris Elba (Turn Up Charlie), James Corden (The Emoji Movie), Ian McKellen (The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies), Judi Dench (Tulip Fever)
directed by: Tom Hooper (Capital One: Mona Lisa)
original.gif

C is for Cute
tumblr_m3oubl9HKN1rv0soro1_500.gif

A is for Adorable
giphy.gif

T is for Taylor
source.gif

S is for Swift

CATS

Last edited:

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
i hope the critics saying "uncanny valley" over Lion King haven't used the phrase to death yet because this is the perfect candidate.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Furry Cats.

It looks like a musical made for furries. Which is kind of surprising since it may limit the mass appeal.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Fucking Nightmare fuel

Though it's a credit to Idris' raw sexual magnetism that even as a nightmare fuel anthropomorphic genitalialess Cat he's still hot as fuck

a916

Oct 25, 2017
The trailer that popped up yesterday where it was behind the scenes made it seem like they were following artists or something...but holy shit, is that why it's called cats?!! Oh my god cats?!

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Not even trying to be funny why does it look like the realtime "shitty CG" James Cameron saw when physically shooting Avatar before any actual VFX work was done?

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Oh dear... Looks like a Sky tv Christmas special.

And good lord, who was that ruining Memory?

My expectations were under the floor for how this would look, based on the article earlier in the week, but holy shit, I was so not ready for how jarring and insane the CG looks when paired with the oversized sets. This looks like a once-in-a-lifetime train wreck.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
That's just scary af. Uncanny collection of valleys ...

Also: I saw cats tripping like crazy on acid as a young man in London and it was still a "meh" show. Except for the opening where they ran around in the dark with light up glasses on.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Why would James Corden get first billing in your trailer for Cats?

Do they not want me to see this movie?

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ.

Not that I was ever going to be in for a Cats movie, but this looks HORRENDOUS

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quick someone get the quarantine team, popera is leaking into reality. This can not be allowed to happen.