• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
51VZf3UTLcL._AC_SX425_.jpg

I remember the commercials for this thing and it always seemed like the coolest shit ever. Never actually saw it in stores so I never bought it.

nv6ulq9254w41.jpg

Kenner Aliens toys. I first saw Alien on TV when I was like five and I was instantly a fan (despite it scaring the shit out of me). I managed to see a couple commercials for the toys and wanted them, but Toys R Us didn't have any. A few months later, when I saw a stack of these at KB toys heavily discounted, I BEGGED my dad to get them for me, and he said sure.

...But then my mom said hell no because "they're too scary! He'll get nightmares!" Still mad about that.

86JzkIRqWdSLDNJjCfo9I-4tWVl6cWMgltqFzibrRnlcDfchMkd0CvXc4hrxZMV3Qg=s1200

Ah yes, the Queasy Bake Cookerator. Aka the Easy Bake Oven for boys who don't want to get ridiculed (this was the 90s, after all). I remember thinking it looked so cool and wanted one, but I never found it in stores.

There is a CRAP ton of 90s LEGO sets I wanted, but its a big list so I have to find pics first, gonna take a whole.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
That big ass GI Joe aircraft carrier.

Edit: Also all five Voltron Lions. My mom split them up between me and my brother and we never shared...

Otakunofuji

Oct 27, 2017
I always wanted a Lionel model train set and never got one. Looking at them as an adult and seeing how expensive they are was kind of an "Oh, that's why. I understand now" moment.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
36394a318fdc8cbd991ac373a92a039a.jpg

I wanted this when I was 12. I asked my dad for it for Christmas and he called me a faggot for it.

I asked my mom and she said it was inappropriate, so I was given a "Creepy Crawly" machine instead...and I fucking hated it.

I didnt want to make plastic bugs....I wanted to make cookies and fucking cupcakes you assholes!

Jokes on them, Im a Proffessional Chef now and making cookies and cupcakes is paying the bills and rent

Oct 25, 2017
The USS Flagg. I had the weak sauce oil rig.

TMNT Blimp. We bought the remake for my son a few years back and it didn't live up to my fantasy whatsoever.

OP
OP
El Bombastico

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You know, that Crossfire game is currently available at Target - https://www.target.com/p/crossfire-game/-/A-53586824

For me, it was the Nintendo 64.
Go and treat yourself. Target has it for $30-40 right now on the shelf. Seriously, I'm 35 and my kids and I play. It really is a ton of fun

Oh I know, I've seen it. But like 15 years ago I noticed that a friend had it and we tried it out. Its okay, the commercial made it look so much cooler.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So.... so... many legos o____o

I wanted every lego set

For some reason, I thought Throwbots looked like the coolest things, but thankfully Bionicle came along and 1-up'd them

DRIMqm1up7hnsd87nXTo29cxPTMBAikqoJELAUS6IA-zrqXhyhf19QKp1mi4kvyLMec22iz6QDxX3AziJJCrxFFV2Ds_Ijwzoqs

OP
OP
El Bombastico

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
36394a318fdc8cbd991ac373a92a039a.jpg

I wanted this when I was 12. I asked my dad for it for Christmas and he called me a faggot for it.

I asked my mom and she said it was inappropriate, so I was given a "Creepy Crawly" machine instead...and I fucking hated it.

I didnt want to make plastic bugs....I wanted to make cookies and fucking cupcakes you assholes!

Jokes on them, Im a Proffessional Chef now and making cookies and cupcakes is paying the bills and rent

I'm so sorry dude :-( The bullshit stigma is why Hasbro made the Queasy Bake Cookerator (not sure if you were a kid still when it came out) and now makes the ovens in gender neutral colors.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
That was the problem with being a kid, so many cool things that didn't hold up once you actually played with it.

Years later, I'll take my son to a laser tag center, but it gets tedious pretty quickly.

thekonamicode

Oct 27, 2017
I really wanted a board game called Grape Escape for Christmas when I was 13, but my mom said it looked to kiddy for me. My best friend at the time got it so I played it at his house. It was pretty fun!

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
I got way into Dick Tracy when the movie came out and I had all of the figures except for The Blank:

My poor grandmother searched the whole city looking for that damn thing. Was just reading wikis and I guess she wasn't the only one unable to find it. Turns out they delayed release of it because of the spoiler and it may have only been released in Canada.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
power-rangers-zeo-pyramidas-super_1_09728f7da4e9dd8f2dbf40cbfb155e10.jpg

Pyramidas. I wanted it so bad back then but my mother was like "nah" And im kinda thankful she did say that as it was basically a hunk of plastic. I did get the Super Zeo Megazord back there tho!

Deleted member 6173

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those remote control cars that could drive left and right. I always got the ones where it would only turn right.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
It looks big enough that you can sleep on it. Should've told them "fuck the bed, give me the carrier!".

My mother legit told me she wouldn't get me one because there wasn't enough room, but maybe if I cleaned under my bed I could put it there. So I did and I still didn't get it. :p

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
This FF9 figure set..
s-l1600.jpg

It's my favorite game of all time.

Luckily, the more recent adult iterations are much better, and I'll have them someday (:
D5ADCkQWkAEzzP_.jpg

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I got a paper route and bought everything I ever reallly wanted. I've been working my ass off since I was 10! What I didn't put into savings went into Transformers and eventually NES games.

I had almost 200 Transformers, but I never got Omega Supreme because he was never stocked in any of my local stores. He was my white whale.

Samenamenick

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Manchester, NH
Basically anything more expensive than a $5 gi joe, lol. I do recall lusting over this He-man figure though, that grappling hook had me in love:

webstor_full.jpg

I never got it though, prob for the best.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
I always wanted a Beyblade stadium and non-bootleg Beyblades, but that just wasn't happening back where I lived without being mega rich. I moved to Canada, and recently as a grown ass adult I got Beyblades and a stadium.

Fuck yeah I regret nothing

Oct 26, 2017
I got a paper route and bought everything I ever reallly wanted. I've been working my ass off since I was 10! What I didn't put into savings went into Transformers and eventually NES games.

I had almost 200 Transformers, but I never got Omega Supreme because he was never stocked in any of my local stores. He was my white whale.

210c89bc-ed21-40e7-8667-5a527b3e3592.jpg

They made a new one last year.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do consoles count? Because the main thing I wanted and never got was a Sega CD.

I'd read magazine articles and walkthroughs about Sonic CD over and over and over.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
My sister will not let down the time that I, as a 4 or 5 year old, shouted "I WANT MY MEGAZOOOORD" in the store.

7184pIvwjWL._AC_SX425_.jpg

I asked for this for Christmas around 1993-ish and my mom ended up getting this one instead:

fghfdgh.jpg

It couldn't transform and the only removable parts were the legs... for... some reason?

She tried at least. ❤︎

OP
OP
El Bombastico

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I asked for this for Christmas around 1993-ish and my mom ended up getting this one instead:

fghfdgh.jpg

It couldn't transform and the only removable parts were the legs... for... some reason?

She tried at least. ❤︎

I learned VERY early on in my childhood that when I gave my parents my Xmas list to include pictures of the actual packaging the toys/video games I wanted came in, so that this exact situation would not happen...

The USS Flagg equivalent for the Transformers in the 1980's - Fortress Maximus.

k85vaAY.jpg

INyLBmL.jpg

The Flagg was still cooler though.

And now there's that $600 new Unicron that literally takes an hour to transform...

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
The USS Flagg equivalent for the Transformers in the 1980's - Fortress Maximus.

k85vaAY.jpg

INyLBmL.jpg

The Flagg was still cooler though.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
Drums, but that's not really a toy I guess.

My real answer is +1 for Power Wheels, but the more 4-wheeler-y looking ones.
Never got one, and I blame that for why I to this day don't actually enjoy driving at all. :P