• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So "Lets go save Woody, but Woody might actually like this new life!" again.

Yeah this feels more and more cynical to me.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
The trailer was more interesting when it seemed like the focus was going to be on the spork being torn between its urge to die and it's new life as a toy

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I think it looks great. My son is a MASSIVE Toy Story fan and I can't wait to take him to see this.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Can't wait! I got into these movies just recently due to my kids (5 yr old and 2 yr old) who are obsessed with the movies. Just came back from Disney in Orlando too.

Can't wait to take them to see it!

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Another retread? I get that this movie is likely for kids of a new generation and all, but come on. Come up with an interesting new story for once.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It has some repetitive things from previous movies, but I loved the trailer and specially Forky!

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
toy-story-land-woody-v2-5x2.jpg
Oh, that's exactly why.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Meh. Also yeah this seemed to show pretty much the entire movie.

Stouffers

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saw the first one opening day but have had zero desire to watch the sequels.

I appreciated it for then technical breakthrough it was but wasn't a fan of the actual movie. It's weird because how could anyone dislike a movie with Ernest, Cliff, Tim the toolman and BIG?

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn, I am so in. I don't care if some of the themes seem like what we've seen explored before, I am in. I love the characters, and if I'm just watching Westworld 4 Kidz, I don't care. Loved the trailer.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I don't remember anything about Toy Story 3 except that people actually thought these toys were gonna be incinerated. lol.

But this looked like a remake of 2.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
lol, that's silly. I don't buy that sudden change of heart from that trailer.

But I guess we'll have to watch.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
It looks...fine, but the themes are far too familiar for my tastes. "Bo Peep is back!" isn't enough.

I am deathly afraid for this movie -- between John Lasseter's shenanigans and the over-abundant sequels, this has been an immensely disappointing decade for Pixar. To have potential mediocrity bookend Toy Story 3 would be too cruel.

Isn't Pixar next four movies after TS4 confirmed to be brand new ideas from Onward onward? I am quite excited for those.

Toy Story 2 was pretty much a perfect sequel; I'm fine if it's a remake with better graphics. I would put it down to being for the next generation, kids I know can't get enough of Toy Story.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
Feels very familiar, I don't care. I would watch these movies forever. Not saying I don't wish they would do something truly new and fresh with the characters and universe though. I certainly would be for that.

Also, don't forget this quote from Tom Hanks last November...

https://www.hit.com.au/story/toy-st...g-to-destroy-us-according-to-tom-hanks-112945

It was the first time that we were going to be recording the end of the movie, and Toy Story [4] is going to have an impactful ending. The way you record Toy Story, you're in a room with the team that has created it.

"When I went in for my last day of recording, I wanted to have my back to them, because usually you're facing [the director] so he can look right up and you can talk about it. But I didn't want to see them and pretend they couldn't see me. When I realised what they were going for, I realised, 'Oh, this is a moment in history'."

I have a feeling this film will end on a downer. They swerved us in part 3, but I bet it happens here. It may not be one of them, if not all of them, being killed off, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if Woody refuses to return to the old gang at the end to start a new life. Then use that to hopefully do something fresh in the next one. Cause we all know there will be a next one.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'll probably make $300 million in a couple days, if not on day 1, so it's not completely pointless.

I imagine this will review around 85% with critics saying the story is a miss, but the characters are loveable and we've all grown up with them and a new generation is discovering them and more Toy Story is always a good thing, it's just not as good as the first films.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
The Toy Story series main theme is existential. Of course the 4th movie is going to ruminate on it once more.

Looks real good and I will be there opening weekend most likely.