grand

Oct 25, 2017
Even ignoring the mass stupidity going on, RTS seems like the weirdest genre to get all pervy about

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Another weird part about this mod is you very rarely actually see the image that was modded. Only when leveling up or upgrading equipment on your character. Usually it's just a shot of your general's face.

She was like 16 in her prime so that's kind of weird.

In this game's case don't see this portrait until they are 18 and become a usable general. She starts the game at like 8-10 years old but isn't usable for I think about 80 turns.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean what else am I supposed to take from that.

Mods like this are basically an extension of Rule 34.

While I have no doubt plenty of legit jackasses make mods like this claiming they are inherently born from the things you said doesn't sit right with. My experience is that a lot of people are legit just horny.

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Ultimately this will go the same way it did with other bulshit like this, we're going to see a bunch of incel clowns brigade the subreddit with shit posts until they get bored/distracted by some other group asking them politely not to sexualize 16 year old girls with gross ass mods.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
Another weird part about this mod is you very rarely actually see the image that was modded. Only when leveling up or upgrading equipment on your character. Usually it's just a shot of your general's face.

In this game's case don't see this portrait until they are 18 and become a usable general. She starts the game at like 8-10 years old but isn't usable for I think about 80 turns.

It's pretty cool that she is available at all considering there are few notable women in that era. Should have just made Lady Wu the Wu warlord since she bossed around Sun Quan so much anyway lol. I would totally play this game if I thought my laptop could handle it.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am a huge Total War fan but I can honestly say that it was just about the last place I would expect to see nude mods.

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It's pretty cool that she is available at all considering there are few notable women in that era. Should have just made Lady Wu the Wu warlord since she bossed around Sun Quan so much anyway lol. I would totally play this game if I thought my laptop could handle it.
There's alot of "generic" female officers in the game, and there's another Legendary one, the Bandit Queen.

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty skeevy with Sun Ren especially because of the running joke in the subreddit of her being pretty much jailbait.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Total War is a top-down view RTS game or a map-mode grand strategy game. I literally can't imagine where the sexy stuff would come in.
Character portrait art obviously, it worked out for other strategy games where you couldn't make clear of the characters sprites, like Growlancer, and Crusader Kings if we are talking about possible mods.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Who even plays Total War thinking "Man i wish this game had more titties!"?

That's like wanting a sexy mod for the Civilization series.

Oct 25, 2017
Same here. I can't even comprehend that a person spent their time drawing that shit. Like, what are you even doing with your life?
Some of them are making fat stacks on patreon and elsewhere. People like sexy art and they have liked it for a very long time, so they will breathe more of it into the world.
---
if you want to put NSFW stuff in your mod or whatever more power to you it's a time-honored tradition at this point, but like shift the shit to a different subreddit.

Last edited:

Aine

May 27, 2019
I mean what else am I supposed to take from that.

Mods like this are basically an extension of Rule 34.

While I have no doubt plenty of legit jackasses make mods like this claiming they are inherently born from the things you said doesn't sit right with. My experience is that a lot of people are legit just horny.

We're talking about a game, one that was specifically targeted for having playable women at all, going all in on skeevy mods despite the ages of said characters. There's horniness, and then there's creepy.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Same here. I can't even comprehend that a person spent their time drawing that shit. Like, what are you even doing with your life?
Learning that she's 16 paints this in a different light and its creepy

But in general why do people draw sexy fan art of characters in general is what you are asking. And to that end... because they think its sexy. Why are you surprised alarmed or concerned. It's a thing that artists do

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Just wanted to say good on Grace -- her statement is right to the fucking point. The less people in the gaming community who put up with this type of degrading shit, the better.

JC Lately

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to clarify the chain of events here:

Did the sub rules prohibit NSFW mods before now?

If not, where their complaints from redditors the about their existence before the dev got involved?

If so, why did the sub mods not address it then? And if they did, was there a change of policy? And if there was, why were violators not subject to whatever corrective action such a change in policy would outline?

Is this sub truly official? As in, created and moderated by the community manager(s) or other representative of CA?

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Who even plays Total War thinking "Man i wish this game had more titties!"?

c32.jpg

But with more abs.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to clarify the chain of events here:

Did the sub rules prohibit NSFW mods before now?

If not, where their complaints from redditors the about their existence before the dev got involved?

If so, why did the sub mods not address it then? And if they did, was there a change of policy? And if there was, why were violators not subject to whatever corrective action such a change in policy would outline?

Is this sub truly official? As in, created and moderated by the community manager(s) or other representative of CA?

No

Yes

Idk

No

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to say good on Grace -- her statement is right to the fucking point. The less people in the gaming community who put up with this type of degrading shit, the better.
The official subreddit shouldn't be the place for that and the people who don't understand that and why people don't like it confuse me.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
There's alot of "generic" female officers in the game, and there's another Legendary one, the Bandit Queen.

That's cool, but I've always been more interested in the real people. I heard they made Wang Yi a man in the game when she is probably one of the most famous women who actually fought in battles, that's really bizarre.

Oct 30, 2017
Disgusting and expected but is the subreddit official?

I assume it is if it has a community manager. I am surprised that they don't just make their own unofficial one or direct everyone to a steam group or something. What is the argument against a company not wanting to appear to be condoning the sexualization of a culture's historical figures?

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017

But in general why do people draw sexy fan art of characters in general is what you are asking. And to that end... because they think its sexy. Why are you surprised alarmed or concerned. It's a thing that artists do
Her age range could be anywhere from 16-30 when she was married off to a, I believe, 40+ year old man as part of a ruse. I doubt the game brings much attention to this since they changed her story up, so I wouldn't take my earlier post as a fact since I doubt the game itself depicts her that way.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mods like this are inevitable but I still want to blame Dynasty Warriors.
Dynasty warriors doesnt have shit like this, worst thing koei tecmo did do however was sexualize a character in the outfit she was raped in.... not a typo and it was a God damned preorder bonus.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I decided to google for this and still got results.

Not a lot mind you but it was there. So yeah it's a thing.
We're talking about a game, one that was specifically targeted for having playable women at all, going all in on skeevy mods despite the ages of said characters. There's horniness, and then there's creepy.
I get your point in regards to the character(I don't play this so I'm unfamiliar with it.) I was speaking more about these kinds of mods in general.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I am not surprised. Also, since the subreddit is not official I don't think CA has any real say in what happens. You can find mods like this for almost any game, but maybe having a separate place for NSFW mods is best.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
I mean.... Why? Just fucking why would anyone spend the time making that nevermind using it.

I just don't understand people.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the issue here that a previously not sexy character was made sexy? Or just where it was posted? Like would it be "fine" to post that kind of mod on the sites that host nude, sex and sexy mods for games or is all that stuff in general seen as bad?

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Ok, seriously, what the hell is going on lol. Like, I can see people modding games that already have some sex appeal, but even RTS my god, does some people have tits in their minds 24/7?

Anyways, people is free to mod what the hell they want, but put it in a NSFW place. It's like some people want to show their pride to their """boner culture""""

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Two issues, one the mod itself, and second, the policing of the sub.

One, mod, ugh is the least I can say. Two, to prevent conflicts of interest the moderators of reddit communities need to be independent of gaming companies. If a company representative wants something taken down, that's a no, no matter what it is. What should happen is the moderators should change the rules and begin enforcement along those lines in response to this mod arising.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

The game spans decades.

She's one year old when the game starts, but she's not playable (and thus you can't see that portrait) until she's 18 when she (and every other character) becomes of age to be a general, which for her is 80 some turns into the game. That's her portrait from age 18 until she dies or the game ends.

Still creepy and gross like those celebrity "countdown clock" type things that people used to have (probably still do but it doesn't seem as prominent as it did back in the 90s and 00s with people like the Olsen Twins, Brittney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, etc.) but not AS creepy as if she was actually supposed to be 16 in the picture.