• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
That's a pretty big assumption to make and put out in the world as fact without actually confirming beforehand.
Apparently the confusion comes some areas you can save Nemesis can enter into, but he can't enter into "Safe Rooms", IE rooms designated to be Safe Rooms. Apparently if the music plays or not clues into that.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
This remake seems to be in line with the remake of 1, keeping mostly everything from the original and expanding on it. Super pumped for it.
Not really. REmake 3 is looking to deviate even more in terms of locations and story details than REmake 2 did, with REmake 1 remaining distinct in having changed the least in spite of its additions. I still plan on giving it a try in spite of my doubts after how much I liked the original RE3, though.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Apparently the confusion comes some areas you can save Nemesis can enter into, but he can't enter into "Safe Rooms", IE rooms designated to be Safe Rooms. Apparently if the music plays or not clues into that.

Good to know. So it's similar to RE2 in that the Front Hall doesn't play save room music so Marvin & Mr. X (and other zombies in 2nd run) can attack you there.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Good to know. So it's similar to RE2 in that the Front Hall doesn't play save room music so Marvin & Mr. X (and other zombies in 2nd run) can attack you there.
Like Mr. X in the main hall.
I'm assuming the distinction is a bit more subtle since OXM wasn't the only one that made this mistake (EDGE did last week too, but it didn't get reported on), but something like that and maybe more widespread since you cover more ground in RE3.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
So the save room thing is probably like the main hall in the RPD in route A. You can save and are generally OK in the area, but Mr. X can (obviously) be in that area stopping you from being able to save.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
I won't put the person directly on blast but I actually already saw such a comment in this very thread. People understand that horror is supposed to play on your fears, right? lol

Yeah, worth noting that RE3 is the only game in the series to feature Jill and not Chris as everything else she's been in also has Chris in it. I really don't get what made Capcom seem to think Chris was the more beloved character of the classic RE1 lead characters. I'm probably gonna catch flak for this but of all the beloved classic RE characters I personally always thought Chris was the weakest as he always just seemed totally devoid of any personality to me.
Yeah, I don't mind Chris, but it's amazing how much they have pushed his character into the games even to this day.

Anyway, lmao, now Nemesis doesn't actually enter safe rooms? Oh well.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
UK
Not really. REmake 3 is looking to deviate even more in terms of locations and story details than REmake 2 did, with REmake 1 remaining distinct in having changed the least in spite of its additions. I still plan on giving it a try in spite of my doubts after how much I liked the original RE3, though.

Without having played it, it's hard to know for sure but it seems like they are keeping all the original locations/enemies, story beats and just adding a shit ton extra on top of it.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
Oh so like I thought it was just a room like the Main Hall of the RCPD in Resident Evil 2 Remake. A room with a save, but one that Mr. X can still travel through.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_inline_paocwrgnDe1s096dx_540.png
nvm

Oct 28, 2017
If Nemesis is following you and sees you enter a room then no room is safe. If he isn't following you then he won't enter a safe room. That's how I would assume it will work.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
So lets say you get Nemesis in a situation like this:

PreciousZealousBlacknorwegianelkhound-size_restricted.gif

Could he shoot out a tentacle at you and pull you out of the safe room?

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
The real horror is that Jill has only been the protagonist in two mainline games.
PREACH
Update to this story, you are safe in Safe Rooms: https://www.gamesradar.com/dont-worry-resident-evil-3-safe-rooms-are-safe-confirm-capcom/

Capcom clarified, the person in the OXM mistook a safe room looking room for a safe room.

That said, there are "Save Rooms" which are not "Safe Rooms", which is where the confusion comes from. IE, not all rooms you can save in are "Safe Rooms".
Aw, I was super on board with the change. Oh well, the rest of it still sounds amazing

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In RE2 having Mr X chase me into the main hall made me think he could chase me into any room which made that first play through way better, shame that isn't the case for RE3

Ste

Banned
Jun 8, 2018
England
Safe rooms are only used by beginners to the game, once you have played the game a few times it's just another box that you have access to. Maybe 3 remake will be that full of zombies that we'll need them.

It would be great if nemesis destroyed the safe room once he got in too, have him completely ruin peoples games lol.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Everything about this sounds perfect. Can this be better than the RE2 remake which is a masterpiece. Crazy but maybe it is.

Oct 27, 2017
Update to this story, you are safe in Safe Rooms: https://www.gamesradar.com/dont-worry-resident-evil-3-safe-rooms-are-safe-confirm-capcom/

Capcom clarified, the person in the OXM mistook a safe room looking room for a safe room.

That said, there are "Save Rooms" which are not "Safe Rooms", which is where the confusion comes from. IE, not all rooms you can save in are "Safe Rooms".
That sucks.

Nemesis breaking down doors/walls could have been really interesting. I hope he still sticks outside the door and doesn't leave if that's how the game will be.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
The real horror is that Jill has only been the protagonist in two mainline games.

Do people still not want to count Revelations titles as mainline even though it extends the stories of Jill, Claire, Chris, and Barry and the games actually play pretty well?

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Spiders come at you from the ceiling eh.... oh fucking hell just NOPE. How will I play this now