• Square Enix

Votes: 58 10.3%
  • Thor: The Legacy of Kain

Votes: 167 29.6%

• Total voters

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
What kind of clickbait title is that? Not only is it grossly exaggerating what was actually said, what exactly is Embracer supposed to do here? Buy the IP's and not use them? Damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess.

GTVision

Oct 28, 2017
I feel the headline doesn't match the statement at all...
I think this statement pretty much covers what Kotaku is saying: We see a great potential, not only in sequels, but also in remakes, remasters, spinoffs as well as transmedia projects across the Group.

Edit: I don't mind though, there can't be enough Deus Ex.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
This headline is so harsh. Of course they're going to leverage the IPs they've just purchased, and are excited about the possibilities.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
The headline makes it seem like a threat lol

Luneth

Aug 5, 2020
Yes, I hope for switch ports of the recent games, at least tomb raider reboot and rise should run fine. And also remasters of old games. If soul Reaver/legacy of Kain is included in the deal, I can just dream about it.

Jroc

Jun 9, 2018
I would love to see a bunch of Deus Ex games get shat out. Chances are at least one of them would be interesting.

Oct 27, 2017
Give me a Nightdive style port of Soul Reaver and I'll buy it on every platform they release it on.

I can imagine it now. Moden camera controlls. Options for filtered or unfiltered textures. The Dreamcast character models. Maybe some of the cut content fleshed out and added back in. Oh it could be so good.

Stickman

Oct 27, 2017
How dare Embracer try to get a return on their $300m investment. How dare they bother us with new games from beloved IPs.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Remake Tomb Raider 2 pls. And don't make it a linear ass game with QTEs like Anniversary.

Nov 2, 2017
If you look at what they're publishing (mostly mediocre games), and the rate at which they're doing it (extremely fast), I think some skepticism about the news that they'll be doing a ton of different things with these IPs is warranted.
Got any examples? I honestly don't know any games they're publishing. Given that they own like a 100 studios I don't see it as a surpise they're putting out a lot of games.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I wouldn't mind a remaster of that Tomb Raider trilogy that started with Legends and ended with Underworld. That was pretty awesome.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
You are telling me Embracer paid 300 million dollars to use the IPs they bought?

original

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Got any examples? I honestly don't know any games they're publishing. Given that they own like a 100 studios I don't see it as a surpise they're putting out a lot of games.

EVIL DEAD THE GAME, Metro Exodus, Desperados 3, Spongebob Battle For Bikini Bottom, ELEX 2, RIDE 4, WWZ etc....

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe games like Deus Ex belong in the double AA market where they can experiment and thrive vs having to sell quadrillion copies to justify their existence.

Also would love for Tomb Raider to go back to games like Underworld and not the misguided Uncharted clones.

seroun

Banned
Oct 25, 2018
It would be nice to get a proper Deus Ex remaster. Maybe even a compilation. Maybe even finishing the Adam Jensen trlogy, who knows!

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I was hoping they would just kill those IPs for good. I thought Embracer was using the Rosalina amiibo strategy to try to prevent anyone from enjoying them ever again

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Also would love for Tomb Raider to go back to games like Underworld and not the misguided Uncharted clones.

Yeah that would great. I'm playing through Shadow atm and while the trilogy is ok I like the last entry with Shadow the most since it's not so focused on combat (although it could use a bit more) but rather on tombs and puzzles and there is some good stealth sections. The crafting and big world I could do without, just go back to mission based levels and traveling the world.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Well they were worth like 150k each so I hope they get milked for more than what they were worth lol

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
My fridge is stocked with milk, come get it all! Would be really happy with tons of Deus Ex projects :D

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017

That's already out there.

It's SUPER good and totally free if you own OG DE on Steam.

Thanks for posting this. I have been trying to play the first game and after messing around with mods and getting crashes and other problems I gave up on it. This might actually have me go back and play it seeing how everything is already incorporated into one single easy to manage package.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Wait. I thought bashing on Valve was Kotaku's "bitch eating crackers". What's with the title?

Of course Embracer is going to use the old IP they've bought, it's Embracer, it's what they do. Hell, they're bringing Outcast back, don't be surprised if they reach out to Tom Hall and be like "hey, you wanna make a sequel to Anachronox?" Mark my words on this.

This is why I (along with many old Eidos fans) was happy when the news broken because that means all those IPs will live again. And that's a great thing.

Oct 25, 2017
The headline seems so negative, but the actual statement seems so positive... Kotaku, what are you doing?
I listened to three podcasts where everyone was dunking on Embracer, but what they're actually saying doesn't sound so bad. It's like there's a disconnect between them and (US?) games media.
And I mean, you certainly couldn't count on SE to do anything with these IPs in the future, so you might as well give it a chance.