Oct 25, 2017
Dance as Burgess is pretty inspired, and all the other casting choices real good, including the Cain/Abel double act.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

...at least ?

Isn't 2 more seasons all it needs to end it if they reach the same amount of pages the first one did ?

edit:

Ignore everything i said

Now, Yahoo! Entertainment reports that Audible has greenlit two further seasons of the graphic novel adaptation, The Sandman: Act II and The Sandman: Act III, which will once again be narrated by Gaiman.

According to Yahoo, Act II will adapt the next four volumes, Season of Mists, Distant Mirrors, A Game of You, and Convergence, while Act III will cover Brief Lives and Worlds Ends.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Don't think I know who Tom Sturridge is but he looks bang on for Dream. Who, now that I think of it, looks like Gaiman too.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Perfect casting on Dream, the show hits at a time when white dudes that look like they have scurvy are the thing right now.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Corinthian in live action is going to be the stuff of nightmares.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Tom Sturridge?

I knew I recognised that face, I recall him in the fun Shakespeare adaptation Hollow Crown...

8y5HNDtbJhoSsD4J73tsoaKCloQ.jpg

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Looking great so far. This should have always been a show. It needs time to breathe and grow.

I know people love the Lucifer TV show but having been a fan of the graphic novel it felt like too much of a compromise for me.

I understand why. Procedural cop shows are popular and cheap but still.

This adaptation is already looking more faithful and weird.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Always wanted to read this, and definitely want to do so before this adaptation comes out. Any of the "unlimited" comic subscriptions have the full run?

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Do we know how they're handling the DC stuff yet? There's some characters (like Doctor Destiny) that are fairly integral.

I'm also hopeful they find a way to do the anthologies. Some of those shorts (Prez and the sentient city) are fantastic.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Whoa ... never would have thouht of Christie. I always read Lucifer as pretty aggressively masculine but this should be dope. Reminds me a bunch of like Constantine and such.

The rest of the Endless will have to show up eventually. Can't wait to see who they pull in for Destruction.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Some really interesting casting choices. Really curious who has been cast as the rest of the Endless.

Branaghs

Oct 27, 2017
Boyd Holbrook as the Nightmare is amazing casting. I know he will knock that right out of the park.

I am really interested in Death tho.

OOOOOOOOH. I am really excited about Gewndoline that it deserved an edit.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Some inspired casting!

It's gonna be interesting on who's gonna play death and who's gonna be desire.

EMBee99

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
It was said earlier, but I really want to hear the characters and how they bring that to the show.

Also, are they doing the comic in sequential order? Preludes and Nocturnes first and all? I remember a single issue set in a diner that terrified me as a child that would make for a compelling episode.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
The Corinthian is a great choice.
As for Lucifer, it's either a genius move or a disaster, hard to say which, but it's definitely a ballsy choice.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
As for Lucifer, it's either a genius move or a disaster, hard to say which, but it's definitely a ballsy choice.
It depends on how she plays it. Lucifer in the comics, especially Season of Mists, is pretty rambunctious and over the top compared to so many other representations of the character, and shouldn't be played straight and serious (I disowned the very concept of the Lucifer TV series, so I have no idea how he's played there). If she can overact those scenes like they need, it could be amazing.

Astroroom

Aug 19, 2020
Hopefully it receives the budget and directorial guts to really tap into the visual style and mood of the source material. It's a shame it couldn't be a movie. I get the feeling this is going to be one of those shows where all of the fantastical elements are metaphored into hot people wearing high fashion suit jackets, standing around talking in various sets all resembling somewhere in southern California.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
If the series gets up to a game of you it'll be amazing.
Shit yeah. A Game of You is probably my favorite single story of the bunch. I've always thought it would make a good introduction to the world of Sandman, since Dream himself barely features, and it spends time introducing magic and otherworldly concepts, and then the idea that Barbie's dream is a real place (so to speak) that they can visit, and so on. And it's probably Dream's most epic entrance when he finally appears in person.